Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 86ckekd
Damn found this one after unchecking safe filter in google.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Pro Spec rules - update

We've added the following info:
1. Link to ESC bullet connector product page (#8)
2. Rules regarding wheel hubs (#11)
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=556

Last edited by EricP; 07-23-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

8. ESC: You must use a ROAR legal “Blinky” enabled ESC. The Tamiya kit-included TBLE-02S brushless ESC is also allowed. Tamiya bullet connectors must be installed on ESC and used with handout motor.

I noticed that the link was for GT-Pro class, but are TBLE-02S generally allowed in all classes including m-chassis?
Old 07-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sakadachi
I noticed that the link was for GT-Pro class, but are TBLE-02S generally allowed in all classes including m-chassis?
The rule only applies for the new exhibition class for the 2015 Nationals.

M-Chassis rules state:
6. No BOOST ESC (Electronic Speed Control) rules: Any ROAR legal and approved ESC may be used capable of “Blinky-Mode”. These ESC’s must not use electronic timing (boost). See General Rules for ROAR approved “blinky” ESC list
Old 07-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EricP
The rule only applies for the new exhibition class for the 2015 Nationals.

M-Chassis rules state:
6. No BOOST ESC (Electronic Speed Control) rules: Any ROAR legal and approved ESC may be used capable of “Blinky-Mode”. These ESC’s must not use electronic timing (boost). See General Rules for ROAR approved “blinky” ESC list
Thanks, EricP.

Yeah, that's what I read on the TCS site so got a little excited. oh well.. I guess I will need to buy a ROAR approved ESC if I decide to race at these local parking lot tracks that enforce TCS rules for M-chassis.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Thanks, EricP.

Yeah, that's what I read on the TCS site so got a little excited. oh well.. I guess I will need to buy a ROAR approved ESC if I decide to race at these local parking lot tracks that enforce TCS rules for M-chassis.
What you can always do is check with the local race director for the event(s) you wish to attend. For TCS sites, although they're supposed to enforce all of the rules, certain aspects are ultimately up to the director... the reason I say this is because realistically, there is no advantage in running the Tamiya ESC. We do, however heavily enforce the rules for the Nationals.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EricP
What you can always do is check with the local race director for the event(s) you wish to attend. For TCS sites, although they're supposed to enforce all of the rules, certain aspects are ultimately up to the director... the reason I say this is because realistically, there is no advantage in running the Tamiya ESC. We do, however heavily enforce the rules for the Nationals.
Thanks again, I will definitely keep that in mind!

I thought it was kind of silly for Tamiya not to allow kit ESC's as they are non-timing to begin with and they are ESC's they supply with the kits. They should just make their kits TCS compliant out of the box.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TCS Nationals rules soon?? Will we be buying GT1 tires at tech like last year or bring our own? Premounts required for FWD, bring our own of purchase at tech? FWD FF-03 still required to run gear cover (as FF04 does not have covert and thus not gearing limited)?

Nationals are now just 25 days away - need to know to gather necessary supplies, modified gearing for FWD, etc.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by minidriver
FWD FF-03 still required to run gear cover (as FF04 does not have covert and thus not gearing limited)?

Nationals are now just 25 days away - need to know to gather necessary supplies, modified gearing for FWD, etc.
The FF04 absolutely has a gear cover, I have one and I use it.

Page 13, Step 21 of the manual.

But you have to cut the back of it (not where the pinion is) to clear the turnbuckles, also shown in that step of manual.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by minidriver
TCS Nationals rules soon?? Will we be buying GT1 tires at tech like last year or bring our own? Premounts required for FWD, bring our own of purchase at tech? FWD FF-03 still required to run gear cover (as FF04 does not have covert and thus not gearing limited)?

The TCS Nationals driver's manual will be provided soon. As for tires, trip-winning classes (GT1, GT2, Mini, exception F1) will have mandatory tech'd tires, purchased at event with stickers; details to come. no other class will require event-purchased tires. See individual class rules for class information.

Originally Posted by torg
The FF04 absolutely has a gear cover, I have one and I use it.

Page 13, Step 21 of the manual.

But you have to cut the back of it (not where the pinion is) to clear the turnbuckles, also shown in that step of manual.
Thanks for providing this. The gear covers between the two cars seemingly is an issue. Fred will be making the ultimate decision on that.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

3. Shocks: Plastic Tamiya CVA shock units only (item 53619, 50746, and 50519) or kit friction dampers are allowed. Note: No Hop-Up Option and/or aluminum shock parts allowed. Only the kit style 5 or 7 coil, chrome silver springs may be used.

These rules.....

My TT-02R came with the all black spring set. Are the kit springs legal or will I have to purchase the chrome ones?
Old 07-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Pro Spec Springs

Originally Posted by greenpea76

These rules.....

My TT-02R came with the all black spring set. Are the kit springs legal or will I have to purchase the chrome ones?
The TT-02R is an "upgrade" kit where its parts, and springs are considered as such. Being that this is a spec class, it requires spec-springs, two types, and they're the silver ones. Black springs were offered separately as a Hop-Up Option with different springs rates, and the point is for everyone to run the same thing. In addition, we in tech can easily identify the spec, silver spring.

The kit-type silver springs are the ones that come in essentially every Tamiya on-road car kit, ever. If you frequent the Tamiya track at all on Saturdays, I'm sure someone has a stash and can provide a set for you.

note: the CVA super-mini shock set (item 50746) comes with the 7-coil springs (the softer of the two). It wouldn't hurt to have a spare set of shock bodies for tuning with different weight oils and pistions. etc

Last edited by EricP; 07-28-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:49 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Details regarding the 2015 TCS Finals are Now LIVE! Please read them carefully and post any questions you may have here. Sign ups will be open soon.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=554

FM
Old 07-28-2015, 07:26 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Hi everyone. I want to clarify one thing for the finals. The TRF102 is a legal chassis to use.

My iPhone has been ringing off the hook. Sorry for the confusion.

FM
Old 07-28-2015, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Details regarding the 2015 TCS Finals are Now LIVE! Please read them carefully and post any questions you may have here. Sign ups will be open soon.
Thanks, Fred!

1. The "personal tranponder information" portion of the driver's manual says that MRT transponders do not work at the Tamiya facility. And yes, the original "MRT PTX" model is not RC4 compatible. But the newer "MRT PTX (NS)" model, available for about two years now, is compatible with RC4 decoders. I ran an MRT last year and expect to run one this year unless there is some new issue with them (if so please advise).

The driver's manual steers people toward AMB Hybrid transponders, but given that the Tamiya track has an RC4 decoder, the cheaper AMB RC4 (3 wire) transponders will work. As will the AMBrc and the MRT PTX (NS) transponders.

2. The "M-Chassis class handout motor and pinion gear" section says that a pinion gear will be provided with the motor. The manual should specify how many teeth this pinion gear will have, so racers can ensure that the correct set of motor mounting screw holes is available (and not covered by ballast, a transponder, or whatever).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.