Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-30-2015, 07:32 PM
  #19996  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 75
Default Tamiya Slurry

New slurry at Tamiya. Any setup tips for us newbies?
RaiderDave is offline  
Old 07-01-2015, 02:58 PM
  #19997  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
minidriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lake Mills, WI
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TCS Nationals Tires?

Will August TCS Nationals be using the same control tire rules/availability this year? That is, will GT1 class be purchasing their tires at the event as was done last year? Or do we need to start stocking up on tires for Nationals?

Will FWD class be bringing their own tires, or purchasing at event?

Thanks! Just trying to be prepared, but Nationals are now just 7 weeks away!
minidriver is offline  
Old 07-01-2015, 07:27 PM
  #19998  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond,Va
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by RaiderDave
New slurry at Tamiya. Any setup tips for us newbies?
ANY PHOTOS OF THE NEW SURFACE @ TAMIYA?
hickmeister is offline  
Old 07-02-2015, 08:47 AM
  #19999  
Tech Adept
 
EricP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by minidriver
Will August TCS Nationals be using the same control tire rules/availability this year? That is, will GT1 class be purchasing their tires at the event as was done last year? Or do we need to start stocking up on tires for Nationals?

Will FWD class be bringing their own tires, or purchasing at event?

Thanks! Just trying to be prepared, but Nationals are now just 7 weeks away!
Good question. As of right now, not sure. I'll see if I can get an announcement made soon.
EricP is offline  
Old 07-02-2015, 08:53 AM
  #20000  
Tech Adept
 
EricP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 153
Default TCS Nats - Pro Spec m3

Ok fellas, get those nice paint jobs on. I'd like to see a diverse field of cars. I've got mine goin!


Last edited by EricP; 07-02-2015 at 09:33 AM.
EricP is offline  
Old 07-02-2015, 10:58 AM
  #20001  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
unwritten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hickmeister
ANY PHOTOS OF THE NEW SURFACE @ TAMIYA?
its on Tamiya FB page...
unwritten is offline  
Old 07-03-2015, 05:58 AM
  #20002  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal
Posts: 52
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Open on July 4th?

Is the track open tomorrow?
rayan is offline  
Old 07-06-2015, 01:13 PM
  #20003  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 12
Default Gt1 body

What are the preferred bodies for gt1? What have people been running since the nsx's and ebbro got banned? I run a trf419 looking to possibly buy a couple bodies and do some testing but I have no idea where to start

Last edited by Wsckidd2; 07-06-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Wsckidd2 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:22 PM
  #20004  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Preferred?

Originally Posted by Wsckidd2
What are the preferred bodies for gt1? What have people been running since the nsx's and ebbro got banned? I run a trf419 looking to possibly buy a couple bodies and do some testing but I have no idea where to start
The good thing is, "preferred" really means what do you prefer. Now that you can't run a pre-2007 NSX or an Ebbro, it really does come down to what do you like. The new NSX Concept body is proving popular, as is the Subaru BRZ. Both have their merits. But everything from an old R34 Skyline to the HSV-010 and the Lamborghini Gallardo will work, as will practically every Ferrari Tamiya markets (360 Modena, 430, 458, LaFerrari, 599XX). Well, except the Enzo. Too much front overhang.
So really, thing to do is pick what you like and start dialing in around that. Unless you pick the Ford F150 body, you should be fine. Same goes for how much wing; you now have a lot of choices for wing. So just pick something and get on with it.
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:24 PM
  #20005  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In der Black Forest mit der elves
Posts: 273
Default Never seen THAT before

Originally Posted by EricP
Ok fellas, get those nice paint jobs on. I'd like to see a diverse field of cars. I've got mine goin!

OK, the Marlboro car's covered, y'all. Everybody do something else. Eric, I did a straight Jager car for practice, and I have planned something I bet nobody's seen. Unless they have an old Kyosho M3.
Tom Slick is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 08:49 AM
  #20006  
Tech Adept
 
EricP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
OK, the Marlboro car's covered, y'all. Everybody do something else. Eric, I did a straight Jager car for practice, and I have planned something I bet nobody's seen. Unless they have an old Kyosho M3.
That's right!!... I need to come up with something for the Pops. I think Fred may let GD and myself run for fun.
EricP is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 08:51 AM
  #20007  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EricP
That's right!!... I need to come up with something for the Pops. I think Fred may let GD and myself run for fun.
You and GD need to turn a few laps before the 12Hr anyway
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 10:38 AM
  #20008  
Tech Adept
 
EricP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
You and GD need to turn a few laps before the 12Hr anyway
I think i'l be fine; GD I'm thinking will need it . And its a good thing we're running together. He has a history of taking me out at the end of straightaways
... it looks like a practice TT-02 is sitting there on the desk.
EricP is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 11:46 PM
  #20009  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
OK, the Marlboro car's covered, y'all. Everybody do something else. Eric, I did a straight Jager car for practice, and I have planned something I bet nobody's seen. Unless they have an old Kyosho M3.
Gee, I bet I know what your M3 livery will be for your race body.

Panda
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 07-10-2015, 08:04 AM
  #20010  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: LA/SGV SoCal
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know if the TCS rules require the pinion cover and motor guard to be installed on the TB04 chassis for GT2 cars?
greenpea76 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.