Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-25-2015, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricP
A body set for the 190E was never re-made available... though clearly the M3 would be the victor

I do have a pretty cool one though...

Come on Eric, I still have the Berlin 190E in the box and about three of the Konig-Pilsner that was re-released only in a full kit (TT01) at the same time they re-released the Schnitzer E30 MS on the same base TT01 chassis. As an owner of a bimmer and a Merc, I still would choose the E30 M3 over the 190E (bit would take the 190E over a stock E30). Would I be crazy to break out the AS E30 M3 body for this class ? I also have a Watson's decal set from the Macau GP I picked up in HK for the M3.

Panda
Old 06-26-2015, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback. Well, it doesn't look like Tamiya produces aluminum steering uprights for either the TT-01 or TT-02, so we can't do anything about that. Our Spec Novice class is popular and we do not seem to see any issues with their cars breaking at our track.
Eric, not to beat a dead horse, but just to say that because you don't have any issues with cars breaking at your track out in Cali, doesn't mean its not going to happen at any other tracks.
Some of the tracks out this way are not so forgiving when you bump the walls.
Now the purists are going to say, well just don't bump the walls, but what about accidents???

I realize and appreciate what Tamiya does for the hobby, maybe an exception can be made for this class in the new rules package???
Old 06-26-2015, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Come on Eric, I still have the Berlin 190E in the box and about three of the Konig-Pilsner that was re-released only in a full kit (TT01) at the same time they re-released the Schnitzer E30 MS on the same base TT01 chassis. As an owner of a bimmer and a Merc, I still would choose the E30 M3 over the 190E (bit would take the 190E over a stock E30). Would I be crazy to break out the AS E30 M3 body for this class ? I also have a Watson's decal set from the Macau GP I picked up in HK for the M3.

Panda
I don't feel nearly so bad about my humblebrag after that 1 sentence gem

Nothing wrong with non-M e30s Still faster around a racetrack then some of these clowns with 'actual' fast cars.

Give that sticker to mEEEE kevin!!! I will probably just do a Marlboro car. Ha

Last edited by EricP; 06-26-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Eric, not to beat a dead horse, but just to say that because you don't have any issues with cars breaking at your track out in Cali, doesn't mean its not going to happen at any other tracks.
Some of the tracks out this way are not so forgiving when you bump the walls.
Now the purists are going to say, well just don't bump the walls, but what about accidents???

I realize and appreciate what Tamiya does for the hobby, maybe an exception can be made for this class in the new rules package???
I understand that concern, however Tamiya doesn't make the part. So with that said and if I'm understanding correctly, the exception you'd like to have is the option to run aftermarket steering uprights?

Well, the TCS Nats this year will be the trial run for this class, so if its a success and the class becomes official, then we'll move forward.

Last edited by EricP; 06-26-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I understand that concern, however Tamiya doesn't make the part. So with that said and if I'm understanding correctly, the exception you'd like to have is the option to run aftermarket steering uprights?

Well, the TCS Nats this year will be the trial run for this class, so if its a success and the class becomes official, then we'll move forward.
No Eric I understand this is a brand new thing that you're trying to get the bugs out of, and Im sure I speak for a bunch of Teams out there that we really
do appreciate all of the work and thinking that your doing to try and make this work!
Im not sure but maybe there could be an exception on the regional level
and then when you step up to the Nats that's where the your rule of no outside
parts permitted, just like with the Finals over in Japan, (and correct me if Im wrong here) There are no outside parts permitted. Everything has to be Tamiya...
Im just throwing this out there if you want me to discuss this on PMs
just let me know
Mike
Old 06-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Talking Blasts from the past

[QUOTE=EricP;14067242]Hey everyone! We're looking to create a new class for the TCS series, with a special-rules start being at the 2015 TCS Finals. This will be an inexpensive, very fun and competitive class!

Similarly to the Porsche Cup a few years back, a Spec E30 M3 class on spec'd chassis' will be run at the Nationals for intermediate/advanced drivers. See below for a preview of the rules. Feedback is welcomed!

[I]Tamiya GT PRO Spec Class

Recommended Minimum Skill level: Any

The GT PRO Spec Class is for anyone that wants to race head to head with racers of any skill level with equal spec’d race cars and a limited Hop-Up-Option selection for the chassis.

The class allows beginner, intermediate and advanced drives the chance to compete together in an arena where driver skill level and car prep will determine race result success. This class is perfect for new drivers to move up to a higher level of competition and still race their TT01 or TT02 chassis, and great for the more advance drivers to compete in a Spec type environment.

Eric, loving this. Reminds me of my old DTM spec car proposal I made to Fred some time ago. Why not just call it the M3 Cup and end the bickering over whether to run those Merc trucks in the same class. ( hee, hee, Munich over Sindlefingen forever) One question; wouldn't it be cheaper to run 21.5 motors, or even 25.5, than the Tamiya 16T. Or are you hoping to eliminate some of the, ahem, improving we do to motors.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

New to this forum and racing... have been a Tamiya guy for decades. My local track is not tcs compliant as far as rules are concerned, but we run a tt and m chassis class.... I would love to find a track in the Midwest that runs real tcs rules. Any suggestions? I'm in Indianapolis and willing to drive 4 hours in any direction to race.... any suggestions?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't feel nearly so bad about my humblebrag after that 1 sentence gem

Nothing wrong with non-M e30s Still faster around a racetrack then some of these clowns with 'actual' fast cars.

Give that sticker to mEEEE kevin!!! I will probably just do a Marlboro car. Ha
I think they ran the Marlboro M3 at Macau also. Maybe this will be the motivation I need to do the Watson's livery on the E30 MS. Or we could negotiate.....

Panda
Old 06-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Eric, loving this. Reminds me of my old DTM spec car proposal I made to Fred some time ago. Why not just call it the M3 Cup and end the bickering over whether to run those Merc trucks in the same class. ( hee, hee, Munich over Sindlefingen forever) One question; wouldn't it be cheaper to run 21.5 motors, or even 25.5, than the Tamiya 16T. Or are you hoping to eliminate some of the, ahem, improving we do to motors.
Well you know Fred, probably went over his head :P teasing. Well, its just the E30 M3 cup for the Nationals. Not sure what the debate is with the Merc. The idea for now is to do handout motors for the Nats, just like mini. After that we'd work on the details for next year; we may spec the TBLE-02s ESC that comes in all the new kits as well.

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I think they ran the Marlboro M3 at Macau also. Maybe this will be the motivation I need to do the Watson's livery on the E30 MS. Or we could negotiate.....

Panda
Well, I have some Marlboro decals that were cut for me a while back when I did a Marlboro scheme on the e46 GT2. If you've got them, by all means, DO IT!!... I REALLY want to do the green/white Tic Tac e30!!

Of course whether or not 'we' will be allowed to run is up to Fred, I may just have to let the Pops drive my car... assuming he shows up -.-

Last edited by EricP; 06-29-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skootertrash74
New to this forum and racing... have been a Tamiya guy for decades. My local track is not tcs compliant as far as rules are concerned, but we run a tt and m chassis class.... I would love to find a track in the Midwest that runs real tcs rules. Any suggestions? I'm in Indianapolis and willing to drive 4 hours in any direction to race.... any suggestions?
On the Tamiya USA website is a TCS section where you can find all the information you'll need.

The following link is the TCS schedule for this year. These stores have been approved as sites to host TCS regional races for this series.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/schedule.php#.VZF0OvlViko
Old 06-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skootertrash74
Hobbyplex - www.hobbyplexraceway.com
The Track at Harbor Hobbies - 1225 Sheridan Rd, Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096
Old 06-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The TT02's upright is easy to break.

Last edited by TamiyaW1688; 06-29-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Last edited by sickboy; 06-30-2015 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

The GT Pro spec class (e30 M3 cup) has been officially added as an exhibition to the Tamiya 2015 Nationals. Rules will be adjusted for the 2016 season.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=556
Old 06-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

The GT Pro spec class (e30 M3 cup) has been officially added as an exhibition to the Tamiya 2015 Nationals. Rules will be adjusted for the 2016 season.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=556

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.