Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Looking at 3 hrs to build before tech/concourse
Not included in 12hr race time
I was pretty excited when I see the flyers going at Tuning Haus race.

By the way is tamiya releasing more F103gt cars? Would be interesting if we can get a LMP/GT endurance race going. The GTR NISMO LMP car Tamiya brought out looks pretty amazing. If they can re-release their Courage LC70 Migen then it will be great.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tobyzhang

By the way is tamiya releasing more F103gt cars? Would be interesting if we can get a LMP/GT endurance race going. The GTR NISMO LMP car Tamiya brought out looks pretty amazing. If they can re-release their Courage LC70 Migen then it will be great.
LMP/GT was thinking the same thing this week
Old 06-24-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default TCS new class!

Hey everyone! We're looking to create a new class for the TCS series, with a special-rules start being at the 2015 TCS Finals. This will be an inexpensive, very fun and competitive class!

Similarly to the Porsche Cup a few years back, a Spec E30 M3 class on spec'd chassis' will be run at the Nationals for intermediate/advanced drivers. See below for a preview of the rules. Feedback is welcomed!

Tamiya GT PRO Spec Class

Recommended Minimum Skill level: Any

The GT PRO Spec Class is for anyone that wants to race head to head with racers of any skill level with equal spec’d race cars and a limited Hop-Up-Option selection for the chassis.

The class allows beginner, intermediate and advanced drives the chance to compete together in an arena where driver skill level and car prep will determine race result success. This class is perfect for new drivers to move up to a higher level of competition and still race their TT01 or TT02 chassis, and great for the more advance drivers to compete in a Spec type environment.

1. Legal chassis platforms: TT-01 and TT-02 Base KITS only. Note: TT01R, TT-02R has specific parts exceptions you must omit. TT-02 Type S kits are not legal for this class.
2. Any TT-01/TT-02 Hop-Up-Option is legal with the below exceptions:
3. Rear toe-in uprights: items #53673, #53800 and #54549 are not legal to use. Stock plastic uprights must be used.
4. Shocks: Plastic Tamiya CVA shock units only (item 53619, 50746, and 50519) or kit friction dampers are allowed. Note: Only the 5 or 7 coil, chrome silver springs may be used.
5. Suspension: No adjustable upper arm Hop-Up-Options are allowed. TT-01 Type ED droop screws are not allowed. TT-02 Type S (short reversible suspension) is not allowed.
6. Motor: You must use the Tamiya 16T Brushless - Sensored motor (item #54275). (Provided at Event)
7. Tires: Only Tamiya Pre-Mounts B3 tires are allowed, item #1015.
8. Bodies: In order to keep the aero package equal, the 2015 GT Pro Spec body is the BMW E30 M3 Sport EVO (Item 51514)
9. ESC: You must use a ROAR legal Blinky enabled ESC.
10. Recommended Hop-Up-Options: You can go wild with Hop-Up-Options, but you only really need to consider these 6:
• Ball Bearing set (item 54476)
• Speed Tuned Gear Set (item 54500)
• Aluminum motor mount (item 54558)
• Plastic Oil-filled dampers (item 50746)
• Aluminum Prop-shaft (items 54501 & 54502)
• Steering Turn Buckle set (item 53662)

The GT Pro Spec class will be run at the 2015 Tamiya TCS Finals as a fun trial basis. It’s also being done to celebrate one of the Tamiya body sets that helped fuel the early touring car fun!

Last edited by EricP; 06-24-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:14 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricP
Hey everyone! We're looking to create a new class for the TCS series, with a special-rules start being at the 2015 TCS Finals. This will be an inexpensive, very fun and competitive class!

Similarly to the Porsche Cup a few years back, a Spec E30 M3 class on spec'd chassis' will be run at the Nationals for intermediate/advanced drivers. See below for a preview of the rules. Feedback is welcomed!

Tamiya GT PRO Spec Class

The GT PRO Spec Class is for anyone that wants to race head to head with racers of any skill level with equal spec’d race cars and a limited Hop-Up-Option selection for the chassis.

The class allows beginner, intermediate and advanced drives the chance to compete together in an arena where driver skill level and car prep will determine race result success. This class is perfect for new drivers to move up to a higher level of competition and still race their TT01 or TT02 chassis, and great for the more advance drivers to compete in a Spec type environment.

1. Legal chassis platforms: TT-01 and TT-02 Base KITS only. Note: TT01R, TT-02R has specific parts exceptions you must omit. TT-02 Type S kits are not legal for this class.
3. Rear toe-in uprights: items #53673, #53800 and #54549 are not legal to use. Stock plastic uprights must be used.
4. Shocks: Plastic Tamiya CVA shock units only (item 53619, 50746, and 50519) or kit friction dampers are allowed. Note: Only the 5 or 7 coil, chrome silver springs may be used.
5. Suspension: No adjustable upper arm Hop-Up-Options are allowed. TT-01 Type ED droop screws are not allowed. TT-02 Type S (short reversible suspension) is not allowed.
6. Motor: You must use the Tamiya 16T Brushless - Sensored motor (item #54275). (Provided at Event)
8. Bodies: In order to keep the aero package equal, the 2015 GT Pro Spec body is the BMW E30 M3 Sport EVO (Item 51514)
10. Recommended Hop-Up-Options: You can go wild with Hop-Up-Options, but you only really need to consider these 6:

The GT Pro Spec class will be run at the 2015 Tamiya TCS Finals as a fun trial basis. It’s also being done to celebrate one of the Tamiya body sets that helped fuel the early touring car fun!
I think it's a great idea. We tried to get a class going for our parking lot series, but it wasn't successful. I wish there more classes like this. I hope it's successful.

I realize that I have said this before, but my experience with junior high students, intermediate and advanced drivers shows me aluminum steering uprights are a must for these chassises. I realize the Tamiya track is not hard on cars, but it will save time any money.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MD
I think it's a great idea. We tried to get a class going for our parking lot series, but it wasn't successful. I wish there more classes like this. I hope it's successful.

I realize that I have said this before, but my experience with junior high students, intermediate and advanced drivers shows me aluminum steering uprights are a must for these chassises. I realize the Tamiya track is not hard on cars, but it will save time any money.
Thanks for the feedback. Well, it doesn't look like Tamiya produces aluminum steering uprights for either the TT-01 or TT-02, so we can't do anything about that. Our Spec Novice class is popular and we do not seem to see any issues with their cars breaking at our track.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tamiya GT PRO Spec Class

Very cool and this should be fun to run.
Eric, one suggestion is to edit the rule number 10. You copied the rule from the spec class that allows any hop up, and the gt pro class does not allow most hop ups. I get what the rules say, but there are those few that will say, "but you said!".

It looks like a base kit with bearings, allow prop and plastic shocks are the primary hop ups. The gearing also needs to address the speed tuned for both TT variants.

Being gt pro, will you consider TT unlimited except for motor? This will expose just how well these cars can do with all ho pups applied.

Either way, I'm in!

EB Racer
Old 06-25-2015, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Tamiya GT PRO Spec Class

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!!
Old 06-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EB Racer
Very cool and this should be fun to run.
Eric, one suggestion is to edit the rule number 10. You copied the rule from the spec class that allows any hop up, and the gt pro class does not allow most hop ups. I get what the rules say, but there are those few that will say, "but you said!".

It looks like a base kit with bearings, allow prop and plastic shocks are the primary hop ups. The gearing also needs to address the speed tuned for both TT variants.

Being gt pro, will you consider TT unlimited except for motor? This will expose just how well these cars can do with all ho pups applied.

Either way, I'm in!

EB Racer
I understand your point, but what we're saying is, "you can run any Hop-Up with the exception of the above mentioned shocks, rear uprights and adjustable suspension"... We've decided that every other Hop-Up for these kits don't really have a direct effect on the handling characteristics of the car... just bling. These rules will also be adjusted some as this is a preview, so we will probably fix the wording and add something like 'bullet motor connectors on ESC required', just like MINI class last year.

As for gearing, the TT-02 has more gear ratio options than the TT-01, but overall they're pretty much exactly the same. For what it's worth, like for like in setup the TT-02 was easier to drive.

Also, the kit-included brushless ESC TBLE-02s may likely be added as the spec ESC come 2016 season, so those of you that have TT-02 kits, keep those ESC's!
Old 06-25-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does Tamiya still got the Mercedes-Benz 190E body in stock? Would be interesting if it's a M3 vs 190E race
Old 06-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Does Tamiya still got the Mercedes-Benz 190E body in stock? Would be interesting if it's a M3 vs 190E race
A body set for the 190E was never re-made available... though clearly the M3 would be the victor

I do have a pretty cool one though...

Old 06-25-2015, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

A body set for the 190E was never re-made available... though clearly the M3 would be the victor
Obviously
Old 06-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I do have a pretty cool one though...

190 EVO II is way cooler than any e30....ever.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sickboy
Mercs are cool, and that EvoII is sick

But come on, E30 > 190 Evo all day everyday

You know this
Old 06-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sickboy
Can't really say anything when you rock a donk Chrysler 300. I guess there's some degree of brand loyalty there. Haha
Old 06-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Who needs re-release Toby ? I still have a NIB Courage F103GT kit and spare body from original release.

Panda

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.