Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-18-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thanks to all mentioned, and the great camaraderie in the pits as well.

My third time ever on carpet, though I am Sean's all the time buying parts. Good fun!
Old 05-18-2015, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The following race advertisement has been approved by Fred Medel !

Come join us on Saturday June 13th for the Tuning Haus Summer Haus Party, Part 1. A one day race at the famous Tamiya America race track in Aliso Viejo. For those who are not familiar with the Tuning Haus Series, our format is a single three minute qualifier that grids you for your race heats. You then have three rounds of 10 minute each races with one pit stop. This will be a great warm-up race for those who will be racing at the TCS Nats were they up the ante with 8 minute Triple A's. Our point system is like qual points every round and your days total is all three races combined so consistency and clean driving in addition to outright speed are rewarded. There will be trophies and raffle prize at the end of the day and a BBQ food vendor serving up delicious short links, ribs and other tasty treats. (not to be mistaken with BBQ motors as a certain driver in our Winter Series earned the nickname "smokehouse"). A big fat fun race with your friends in Sunny SO Cal ! Due to the longer race times, we are maxed out at 8 heats maximum. We currently have set-up for the following three classes at our event. Formula 1 - 2 heats of 10. GT Sedan (open chassis and tire, 17.5 motor, spoke wheels, scale race body (like what Tamiya Series runs) - 4 heats of 10 and 13.5 Touring Car - 2 heats of 10. Sign-ups are limited and already 35 spots filled and registration just opened Friday.

For more information on the race and to stay up with updates, please visit our thread. http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...g-haus-15.html

Entry for the race is through RC Car Events. Same site used for the Fred-Tech races so if you are already registered for a previous Fred-Tech race, you already had an account set-up on RC Car Events. If you do not have an account yet, they are free to register. Registration payment is through Pay Pal. http://www.rccarevents.com/event_det...?event_id=2406

If any questions, please ask them on the SoCal RC Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus thread. We now return you back to your regularly scheduled TCS discussions.

Thank you,
Panda
Old 05-18-2015, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kevin...Is that any chassis or Tamiya only?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Kevin...Is that any chassis or Tamiya only?
If I may answer for Kevin/Panda.

Wide Frickin Open to all chassis.

Best racing format on the planet!

1 Quick qualifier and 3 long mains!
You can win the round from any main, A, B, C or ?
You just need to turn the most laps.

After all it is about racing all day and not qualifying all day right?
Old 05-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by CW22
Another great day TCS at TQ.
Thank you to Fred, Sean, Joe Mac and the Tech guys Tiko and Steve.
Fun race day right for every one.
Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Kudo's to all the people Chris mentioned above. A fun and relaxing days with friends and some great racing battles. Full field in Novice Spec class that was the most exciting and entertaining race. Some great drives by the veteran TCS racers as well as some of the newer drivers. Next TCS stop.....Nationals in August.

Panda
Originally Posted by unwritten
Awesome TCS at TQ.
Thank you to Fred, Sean, Joe Mac, Tiko and Steve....
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
TCS at TQ was a lot of fun

Racing with my 1/12 scale buds, hanging on to the Schuurspeed powered Porsche 956 all day was a blast

We need a TCS Nats here

Thank You Sean, Fred, Jo, Steve & Tiko

Originally Posted by AngryRog
Thanks to all mentioned, and the great camaraderie in the pits as well.

My third time ever on carpet, though I am Sean's all the time buying parts. Good fun!

Thank you all for joining the series, appreciate your support
Old 05-18-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

TCS Main Videos are up.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 05-18-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Signed up
Old 05-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
If I may answer for Kevin/Panda.

Wide Frickin Open to all chassis.

Best racing format on the planet!

1 Quick qualifier and 3 long mains!
You can win the round from any main, A, B, C or ?
You just need to turn the most laps.

After all it is about racing all day and not qualifying all day right?
Thanks for answering and the props for the series Cuda.

Dotman, like Cuda said, open chassis. I know you have more sedans than most of So Cal combined so I am sure you can come up with a GT Sedan and a 13.5TC.

KS - glad to see you join us. You will have a blast at this race. Most people who ran our Winter Series got hooked on the format.

Panda
Old 05-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Hello everyone

Here are some more videos of the GT1/2/3 A mains this sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItUppf4Ky5Y GT3 A Main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCmHZeZycvM GT2 A main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpko2mnShcI GT1 A main
Old 05-19-2015, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Signed up! I won't miss this one like i missed the TCS on Sunday!
Old 05-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There were *two* regionals run last Sunday, one in Chino and one in Enfield CT.

The Enfield regional was blessed with a forecast of fine weather, and actual fine weather on race day, a combination that helped boost the turnout to 69 entries. A lot of folks drove in from New York and New Jersey, and some from as far away as Maryland. There were 28 entries in Mini and 14 in F1.

The Enfield track surface is a nice smooth one that gives plenty of grip even without spraying, once the spring pollen has been blown off. There were good battles in all of the races; for me the Mini B and the F1 A mains stood out as being really fun to watch.

Thanks to Chris Marcy for hosting the event and to Alex Valdes for his entertaining race announcing. See https://www.facebook.com/RCMadnessEnfield for a photo album from the event.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
There were *two* regionals run last Sunday, one in Chino and one in Enfield CT.

The Enfield regional was blessed with a forecast of fine weather, and actual fine weather on race day, a combination that helped boost the turnout to 69 entries. A lot of folks drove in from New York and New Jersey, and some from as far away as Maryland. There were 28 entries in Mini and 14 in F1.

The Enfield track surface is a nice smooth one that gives plenty of grip even without spraying, once the spring pollen has been blown off. There were good battles in all of the races; for me the Mini B and the F1 A mains stood out as being really fun to watch.

Thanks to Chris Marcy for hosting the event and to Alex Valdes for his entertaining race announcing. See https://www.facebook.com/RCMadnessEnfield for a photo album from the event.
Agree with everything said there by Mr. Brown

Alex should start a career in announcing does an excellent job none better.

The Enfield facility at RC Madness has just about everything there to offer.

Next year going to take an extra day, going anywhere close to New York makes the trip to long on the way back to PA
Old 05-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks for the kind words guys!!..... I had a blast!!......

Long live TCS!!!
Old 05-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Thanks for the kind words guys!!..... I had a blast!!......

Long live TCS!!!
Agreed! TCS is the greatest! Might have to make that outdoor Jackson race... F1 outdoors? Full throttle all lap...
Hmmmm
Old 05-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Available entries updated

Due to the popularity and increased sign-ups after the Reedy Race of Champions for the sedan classes, we have made the following changes in the entries for the Tuning Haus Summer Haus Party, Part 1 at Tamiya America Raceway on Saturday June 13th. This will allow more racers to enjoy our unique racing format but still maintain our maximum 8 heats so we can all have fun and end at a reasonable time.

Formula 1: We have capped the entries at 12 (1 heat) so this class is full. As a die hard F1 guy and racing in this class, we made this difficult decision based on the low entries for this class.

13.5 TC sedan: We have increased the entries from 2 heats to 3. This class was filled up with the addition of Associated drivers Rick Howart, Sean Cochran and Steve Weiss so we added 10 additional spots. Do you think you have what it takes to run with the big boys ? I am willing to bet most competitors in this class will have the blue "Reedy" logo on their wheels. Will the top 3 13.5 drivers from the Reedy race step up and see if they can go just as fast.......but for 10 minutes ?

17.5 GT Sedan: There are only 9 spots left in this class that is scheduled for 4 heats (40 entries). What more can you say about the fun factor of this class. Four of the Reedy 17.5 A main drivers are already signed up for this class as well as a number of other Reedy 17.5 and 13.5 entrants. This is going to be one tough class and for those that finish the day with one of our trophies for the top 10 in each class, you will know you have earned it !

http://www.rccarevents.com/event_det...?event_id=2406

STAY TUNED !

Panda

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.