Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
What are some of the preferred tire choices for TQ Raceway. I am going to try it one more time.
B3 works but type C grips better. Type C is much larger in diameter and will have a lot more traction roll issue than b3.

Finally decided to come out to TQ?
Old 05-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

I hear track repairs are underway for Reedy. Will there be open practice this Saturday?
Old 05-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

B3 are more consistent in speed on carpet, but have to clean them about every half a race. LOL. Type C work well and quick for setup, but will traction roll.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

2015 TCS Regional Signup is open !!

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/entry/168.php

Here is the TCS Layout.

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

TQ has it's own kink on the left side. FUN....... been on there already. You guys will love it.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
I hear track repairs are underway for Reedy. Will there be open practice this Saturday?
Mike - do you know what the scope of the repairs is?

Curious if it is smoothing the cracks and berms, paint or possible new coating.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lbckevin
What are some of the preferred tire choices for TQ Raceway. I am going to try it one more time.
Originally Posted by tobyzhang
B3 works but type C grips better. Type C is much larger in diameter and will have a lot more traction roll issue than b3.

Finally decided to come out to TQ?
Originally Posted by greenpea76
B3 are more consistent in speed on carpet, but have to clean them about every half a race. LOL. Type C work well and quick for setup, but will traction roll.
Hey Guys,

My local track (Middle River Hobbies in MD) will be hosting TCS in June, and our race will also be medium-high bite carpet. The shop owner doesn't have much in stock for Tamiya TC tires at this point, but we want to stock up on the right tire for our event. Should he bother ordering the Type C, or just stick with the B3? I guess the A is too soft? Appreciate the info you've already provided, as well as any additional guidance.

Thanks!
Robbie
Old 05-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

I would try both and see how they react on the carpet surface you guys run on. I've only tried B3 and Type C's, but this weekend I will be testing type A also. B3 seems to react better with tire warmers, but C seem very grippy initially and then tapers off, but remains consistent. I will provide more feedback after this weekend. Type A seem super soft, but will try anyway since these were given to me.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:18 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by greenpea76
I would try both and see how they react on the carpet surface you guys run on. I've only tried B3 and Type C's, but this weekend I will be testing type A also. B3 seems to react better with tire warmers, but C seem very grippy initially and then tapers off, but remains consistent. I will provide more feedback after this weekend. Type A seem super soft, but will try anyway since these were given to me.
Thanks greenpea! I appreciate that. It has been so long since I've done anything with Tamiya tires that I don't really know what to expect. I've only ever run A and B3 on parking-lot asphalt several years ago. We hope to find a tire that won't traction roll, but will handle well without too much emphasis on tire prep.

To give you an idea of what our track is like, Jaco Blues and Solaris Mediums work well. Some of our locals, myself included, have also used Solaris Hards with very good results. We only ran the Hards because that's what was used at ROAR Nats; otherwise we generally stick to the Medium/32 shore tires. All of the tires I mentioned are within a tenth or two on hotlap and don't require major setup changes. We are only allowed to use SXT 3.0, as most carpet tracks do. Our track is relatively small, roughly 80x36 and on a wood sub-floor.

So far I think I like the way the B3 sounds, but I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback after this coming weekend!
Old 05-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Hey Guys,

My local track (Middle River Hobbies in MD) will be hosting TCS in June, and our race will also be medium-high bite carpet. The shop owner doesn't have much in stock for Tamiya TC tires at this point, but we want to stock up on the right tire for our event. Should he bother ordering the Type C, or just stick with the B3? I guess the A is too soft? Appreciate the info you've already provided, as well as any additional guidance.

Thanks!
Robbie
Hey Robbie
Good to hear you have a TCS race at your track, should be fun

If there is any interest in the RM-01 1/12 GT cars, we run Tamiya option front, kit rear tires

Tamiya foams are high quality and easy to tech as they have Tamiya Stars molded into the sides

db
Old 05-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MDawson
Mike - do you know what the scope of the repairs is?

Curious if it is smoothing the cracks and berms, paint or possible new coating.
Mark, I'm just going by the Fredtech email but if practice will be open I should know more by Saturday
Old 05-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Hey Robbie
Good to hear you have a TCS race at your track, should be fun

If there is any interest in the RM-01 1/12 GT cars, we run Tamiya option front, kit rear tires

Tamiya foams are high quality and easy to tech as they have Tamiya Stars molded into the sides

db
Great, thanks for the heads-up Dave! I wasn't really aware of this car before. Looks pretty good though! How long has this kit been out?
Old 05-11-2015, 12:09 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks greenpea! I appreciate that. It has been so long since I've done anything with Tamiya tires that I don't really know what to expect. I've only ever run A and B3 on parking-lot asphalt several years ago. We hope to find a tire that won't traction roll, but will handle well without too much emphasis on tire prep.

To give you an idea of what our track is like, Jaco Blues and Solaris Mediums work well. Some of our locals, myself included, have also used Solaris Hards with very good results. We only ran the Hards because that's what was used at ROAR Nats; otherwise we generally stick to the Medium/32 shore tires. All of the tires I mentioned are within a tenth or two on hotlap and don't require major setup changes. We are only allowed to use SXT 3.0, as most carpet tracks do. Our track is relatively small, roughly 80x36 and on a wood sub-floor.

So far I think I like the way the B3 sounds, but I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback after this coming weekend!
B3 will work in general but type C will have little more traction. However type C is much larger in diameter, I think almost 1.5mm larger. B3s do not last as well as type C in my experience but on carpet B3 do not wear too badly either. A single set of type C is all you need for a race weekend. The tapering off in traction for type C is not very significant and will stay consistent for very long time. I also found that type C do not react too much with SXT 3.0 and will not become overly soft with repeated sauce application. All of these are coming from testing at TQRC so there might be some difference when it comes to your track.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Great, thanks for the heads-up Dave! I wasn't really aware of this car before. Looks pretty good though! How long has this kit been out?
The RM-01 has been out for some time now

Here is a thread I started for it back in 2011

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ng-master.html
Old 05-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looking forward to the TCS race at TQ Racing this weekend. Looks to be a strong field for GT-1 class !

Panda

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.