Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree830Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-17-2015, 08:51 PM
  #19846  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (54)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 782
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Cuda

Thank you for the kind words.

Here is the video Anthony took.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSFkqjtM4kg
Yellowtaro is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 07:13 PM
  #19847  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,908
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Jason, I wanted to relive that again and thought others might enjoy it too.
That was a really great run dude! Nerves of steel.
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 09:57 AM
  #19848  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
xsracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lake Elsinore, Ca.
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Question. Does the Audi A4 STW body qualify for the FWD class? Thanks for your time.
xsracer is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 10:03 AM
  #19849  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tustin,CA,USA
Posts: 420
Default

Originally Posted by xsracer
Question. Does the Audi A4 STW body qualify for the FWD class? Thanks for your time.
no. here is the list of FF bodies


and IMHO the Golf24 (51497) is the best.
torg is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 12:21 PM
  #19850  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
xsracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lake Elsinore, Ca.
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by torg
no. here is the list of FF bodies


and IMHO the Golf24 (51497) is the best.
Thanks Bro. Appreciate your time.
xsracer is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 01:59 PM
  #19851  
Tech Adept
 
EricP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by xsracer
Question. Does the Audi A4 STW body qualify for the FWD class? Thanks for your time.
Originally Posted by torg
no. here is the list of FF bodies


and IMHO the Golf24 (51497) is the best.
Well hold on. I thought I added the A4 body to the rules under "ok bodies not offered on FF cars"... so, I more than likely will change it and include it.

Additionally, we originally had them listed, but any body that came on an FF01/02 chassis (ex. Nissan Primera), we would deem on the spot as legal to run. We only removed these FF01/02 bodies from the list because they were not currently/readily available.

Last edited by EricP; 04-22-2015 at 02:09 PM.
EricP is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 02:02 PM
  #19852  
Tech Adept
 
EricP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by torg
no. here is the list of FF bodies


and IMHO the Golf24 (51497) is the best.
... and for what it's worth, I really want to remove that body because I don't want to see a 1-body FF class, like the NSX did to GT.
EricP is offline  
Old 04-22-2015, 03:16 PM
  #19853  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tustin,CA,USA
Posts: 420
Default

Originally Posted by EricP
... and for what it's worth, I really want to remove that body because I don't want to see a 1-body FF class, like the NSX did to GT.
What is the thinking behind which body is allowed? I thought it was FWD cars in real life would be ok. But that Audi was not FWD.

would the Subaru Impreza WRC 2008 body be ok?
torg is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 08:17 AM
  #19854  
Tech Adept
 
EricP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by torg
What is the thinking behind which body is allowed? I thought it was FWD cars in real life would be ok. But that Audi was not FWD.

would the Subaru Impreza WRC 2008 body be ok?
Torg

The logic behind the class basically is: If the actual, full scale vehicle which Tamiya used as the subject for a product is in fact an FF platform, then the R/C body is legal for the FF-class.

Additionally, variations of the subject, which may be a road-going FF vehicle, does not deem the body legal. The Audi TT DTM is a perfect example. The DTM vehicle was not an FF, so it makes no difference that an FF road-car existed, though the body may have been desirable (wing, flares, low nose), it is not legal.

There have been exceptions added to the list, notably the Suzuki SX4-rally and the Golf24, which I'm pretty certain both are AWD vehicles... bodies such as the Focus/Peugeot Rallies, the A4 Quattro, etc. were also on that list at one point.

The list used to be more extensive, including all of the FF01 chassis bodies (Primera, Mondeo, Beetle, etc), where all these bodies, including the Focus/Peugeot/A4 were removed due to availability. We wouldn't exclude the FF01 bodies on race-day as they always met the FF-requirement. As for the A4 Quattro, the reasons it was originally added was because it was not aerodynamically advantageous, and also that the FF-versions of the same racecars looked exactly the same. I would not exclude someone from racing it.

I will see about redoing the list.

Last edited by EricP; 04-23-2015 at 11:39 AM.
EricP is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 PM
  #19855  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EricP
Torg

The logic behind the class basically is: If the actual, full scale vehicle which Tamiya used as the subject for a product is in fact an FF platform, then the R/C body is legal for the FF-class.

Additionally, variations of the subject, which may be a road-going FF vehicle, does not deem the body legal. The Audi TT DTM is a perfect example. The DTM vehicle was not an FF, so it makes no difference that an FF road-car existed, though the body may have been desirable (wing, flares, low nose), it is not legal.

There have been exceptions added to the list, notably the Suzuki SX4-rally and the Golf24, which I'm pretty certain both are AWD vehicles... bodies such as the Focus/Peugeot Rallies, the A4 Quattro, etc. were also on that list at one point.

The list used to be more extensive, including all of the FF01 chassis bodies (Primera, Mondeo, Beetle, etc), where all these bodies, including the Focus/Peugeot/A4 were removed due to availability. We wouldn't exclude the FF01 bodies on race-day as they always met the FF-requirement. As for the A4 Quattro, the reasons it was originally added was because it was not aerodynamically advantageous, and also that the FF-versions of the same racecars looked exactly the same. I would not exclude someone from racing it.

I will see about redoing the list.
The Golf 24 is indeed a 4wd vehicle. Currently everyone at Tamiya is running Golf 24 for its wing and stability. I think the wing is making this particular body standout above everything else. I think it might be better to allow lexan wings on sedan bodies to even it out or ban the attachment of any lexan wings including kit wings. I personally would like to see GT wings to be allowed for FF class to make the cars handle better for racing. Currently I feel ff03 has too much over steer in low to mid traction conditions. At high bit carpet tracks like TQ, I find FF03 handling very well without any aero.
tobyzhang is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 05:31 PM
  #19856  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tustin,CA,USA
Posts: 420
Default

Originally Posted by EricP
Torg

The logic behind the class basically is: If the actual, full scale vehicle which Tamiya used as the subject for a product is in fact an FF platform, then the R/C body is legal for the FF-class.

Additionally, variations of the subject, which may be a road-going FF vehicle, does not deem the body legal. The Audi TT DTM is a perfect example. The DTM vehicle was not an FF, so it makes no difference that an FF road-car existed, though the body may have been desirable (wing, flares, low nose), it is not legal.

There have been exceptions added to the list, notably the Suzuki SX4-rally and the Golf24, which I'm pretty certain both are AWD vehicles... bodies such as the Focus/Peugeot Rallies, the A4 Quattro, etc. were also on that list at one point.

The list used to be more extensive, including all of the FF01 chassis bodies (Primera, Mondeo, Beetle, etc), where all these bodies, including the Focus/Peugeot/A4 were removed due to availability. We wouldn't exclude the FF01 bodies on race-day as they always met the FF-requirement. As for the A4 Quattro, the reasons it was originally added was because it was not aerodynamically advantageous, and also that the FF-versions of the same racecars looked exactly the same. I would not exclude someone from racing it.

I will see about redoing the list.
Thank you for the clarification. My FF03 Pro didn't come with a body and neither did the FF04Evo hence the Golf24 for me as I tend to break the Scirocco ABS wing..

FF is the fun class, I don't care which body is allowed to be honest. Was just trying to help someone out when they asked.

I want to find that volvo 850 now
torg is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 09:18 PM
  #19857  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The wing is good but no where near as good as a sedan wing... We've already traveled down that road... It wasn't pretty.. Literally..

Do not allow sedan wings please.. Thanks.
OSherman is offline  
Old 04-24-2015, 03:05 PM
  #19858  
Tech Adept
 
EricP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by torg
Thank you for the clarification. My FF03 Pro didn't come with a body and neither did the FF04Evo hence the Golf24 for me as I tend to break the Scirocco ABS wing..

FF is the fun class, I don't care which body is allowed to be honest. Was just trying to help someone out when they asked.

I want to find that volvo 850 now
No worries Torg. It just threw me off as I had thought they were on the list, but had forgotten we removed them for reasons stated above. I will in fact re-write the list and group all of the older bodies to clarify what we will in fact allow as acceptable.

Originally Posted by OSherman
The wing is good but no where near as good as a sedan wing... We've already traveled down that road... It wasn't pretty.. Literally..

Do not allow sedan wings please.. Thanks.
Not to worry Orlando. The FF class is 'my baby' and I have no intention on allowing the GT wing. Those of you that oversteer, slow down or set your cars up better. Everyone else is in the same boat.
EricP is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 01:23 PM
  #19859  
AWK
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

There will always be "the body" to have no matter which bodies are ruled out. If the Golf is no more, everyone will go to the Scirocco. At least when outlawing something like the Golf, since it never came on the kit, you won't run into the potential issue of a new racer showing up with their box stock kit and being told they cannot race their body. With the Scirocco, that would happen.

I will say this class was the most fun when everyone was running old FF01 style bodies like the Alfa 156 right Eric? Make it the 90's BTCC class!!!
AWK is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 01:31 PM
  #19860  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (136)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,723
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

The body rules keep people from participating in the TCS. In my area their are guys with Tamiya TCS legal cars, but the Tamiya bodies they have are not approved and they don't participate.
MD is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.