Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaiderDave
This is awesome! Love the r/c community. Thank you so much. I will get a hold of you.
You bet!

We all get the same help at some time. I don't know if I am paying it forward, or returning a previous favor. In any case, I just prepped a used set that will go all three rounds, and a brand new set that I'll have available to you including inserts.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is this a new restriction for GT2? Not allowing Nsx 2007 and older? Y?
"Any Tamiya 190 mm GT or Sports car body is permitted with the exception of the VERMAC 350R GT (AKA EBBRO 350R or Willcom/Shaken 408R) and any Honda NSX model years 2007 and older."
Old 03-25-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC Passion
Is this a new restriction for GT2? Not allowing Nsx 2007 and older? Y?
"Any Tamiya 190 mm GT or Sports car body is permitted with the exception of the VERMAC 350R GT (AKA EBBRO 350R or Willcom/Shaken 408R) and any Honda NSX model years 2007 and older."
This is new for 2015, but not new news. There's a new NSX and the older NSX body sets are not readily available anymore (discontinued).
Old 03-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

just wondering. Didn't see it in the rules, but when did GT12 become an exhibition only class?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by EricP
This is new for 2015, but not new news. There's a new NSX and the older NSX body sets are not readily available anymore (discontinued).
I raced with the NSX Concept GT last week at an open race at Tamiya
It is a very well balanced body

I did not have to do any specific tuning for it to work on a BD-7

The 07' NSX is a thing of beauty, but have no fear, a NSX will soon dominate again
Old 03-25-2015, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSeils
just wondering. Didn't see it in the rules, but when did GT12 become an exhibition only class?
That's what I asked a few weeks back and didn't get a reply. Not sure why you would give kits in all other classes but not 1/12. I don't see anything nor do I recall it being mentioned anywhere that it was an exhibition class. I know FF class is exhibition but from what I see on sign up, it looks like a full blown class.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I raced with the NSX Concept GT last week at an open race at Tamiya
It is a very well balanced body

I did not have to do any specific tuning for it to work on a BD-7

The 07' NSX is a thing of beauty, but have no fear, a NSX will soon dominate again
I am willing to bet some NSX Concept bodies will also be spotted on some TA05, TB03, TB04 and 416-419 chassis's this weekend.

Panda
Old 03-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Question for TA06 racers.

I recently purchased Julian Wong's TA06 but have a question on using a 4mm bullet type battery pack. The + / - bullet hole spacing on my packs are narrow and I know you can't modify the chassis. How are you TA06 racers using a battery pack with 4mm holes without touching the plastic tub chassis? The spacing appears tight and I'm concerned using a carbon chassis could short out the battery pack. Also, are you guys using a shorty pack or regular size packs. My understanding is there is no minimum weight when you use a tub chassis in TCS?

Thanks for the advice?
Old 03-25-2015, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano

I recently purchased Julian Wong's TA06 but have a question on using a 4mm bullet type battery pack. The + / - bullet hole spacing on my packs are narrow and I know you can't modify the chassis. How are you TA06 racers using a battery pack with 4mm holes without touching the plastic tub chassis? The spacing appears tight and I'm concerned using a carbon chassis could short out the battery pack. Also, are you guys using a shorty pack or regular size packs. My understanding is there is no minimum weight when you use a tub chassis in TCS?

Thanks for the advice?
I'm using the LRP pack and you are right it is a tight fit on the battery connectors. I went to use the old style bullet connectors with the spring type cage and shrink wrap.
the no minimum weight for tub chassis only applys cor GT1.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So why exactly is the is 2007 and earlier nsx body banned? And does this go for the tamiya bodies as well as the hpi body?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks for the advice?
The modifications are not legal if the intention is to lighten the chassis or change its intended performance and/or function of the vehicle.

To accommodate Rule 24 which states that any battery connector or direct hard wiring to the battery is allowed. You are allowed to slightly widen the area of the TA06 to accommodate your 4mm bullets to fit. These type of modifications are allowed to adopt to certain equipments that are legal to run. So in other words, if you just want to shave off a little bit of plastic to fit your connectors it should not be an issue. Although I was sure of this I still confirmed it with Fred to avoid further confusion.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the advice?
regular size packs. I use packs with bullet connectors at the corners (reedy, thunderpower) or a thunderpower deans connector pack (wires at corners).

I drilled a hole in my TA06 to get to the balance port so I could charge it in the car... TA06 is not exactly quick release
Old 03-25-2015, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

No love for the New RCF? That one looks almost identical in terms of general aero shape. Although I'm almost certain that one is heavier.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
No love for the New RCF? That one looks almost identical in terms of general aero shape. Although I'm almost certain that one is heavier.
Torg tested the rcf. I would like a full report by end of day Friday. Sorry I'm writing this while I am in the office and my bossy side just came out.

Torg, inquiring minds would like to know.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the response to my TA06 chassis modification question to accommodate the battery packs with 4mm plugs. However before I make even the slightest change to the chassis, I'd like for Fred to give his opinion on this topics. Fred? Thanks.

Looking forward to running this TA06 in GT1 against all the guys using 419's.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.