Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-17-2015, 01:49 PM
  #19756  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Valencia, CA
Posts: 376
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maxepower
On behalf of the whole crew your welcome!
It is a lot of hard work especially when it was hot. For me I never get tired of prepping the track and afterwards seeing racers smiling faces coming off the drivers stand after a good run.
Most of the time we get it right but sometimes mother nature pulls a fast one on us and lays down a lot of pollen from the wind which forced us to decide to re-spray that morning. We sprayed the night before but that morning was really bad, so I got a little carried away and soaked the track a little too much and the track stayed wet for at least an hour before the sun dried everything out which made the first run feel like you were using drifting tires! We wont make the same mistake again ! We have in the past dragged wet towels onto the track instead and cleaned off the pollen and allowed the track to dry much faster.
If the same situation comes up next week we know what to do!
Just my 2$
Hey Max,

Thanks again for your hard work. Track was fine for me

Danny
fx35rc is offline  
Old 03-17-2015, 02:14 PM
  #19757  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
unwritten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fx35rc
Hey Max,

Thanks again for your hard work. Track was fine for me

Danny
+1

Track was awesome Max...
Thank You...
unwritten is offline  
Old 03-17-2015, 11:17 PM
  #19758  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
gsxr0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

hay maxepower,

You never told us how the audi compares to the nsx concept? I know the audi is good but how does the nsx concept handle? Is it better or worse? Thanks
gsxr0311 is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 06:36 AM
  #19759  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,838
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I have a five hour one way drive to practice at Tamiya America. It's always a pleasure to do it, in no small part to the awesome track prep by Max, and Edgar, and Rod.

Thank you guys for putting in the effort.
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 08:35 AM
  #19760  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool NSX CONCEPT BODY

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
hay maxepower,

You never told us how the audi compares to the nsx concept? I know the audi is good but how does the nsx concept handle? Is it better or worse? Thanks
The body is very stable, you will need to find a wing that parallels your set-up and driving style. Now that there are so many choices, this is no easy task!
I ended up using the medium downforce wing with the adjustable mount and have it in the middle setting. Some say too stable but again with the right wing it will give you the rotation you want in the corners! Others say the body is very heavy but I heard a lightweight version is in the works! (Rumor mill)
Just my 2$
maxepower is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 11:46 AM
  #19761  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maxepower
The body is very stable, you will need to find a wing that parallels your set-up and driving style. Now that there are so many choices, this is no easy task!
I ended up using the medium downforce wing with the adjustable mount and have it in the middle setting. Some say too stable but again with the right wing it will give you the rotation you want in the corners! Others say the body is very heavy but I heard a lightweight version is in the works! (Rumor mill)
Just my 2$
Your car looks great running the NSX, I think the body is in a good middle balance where small change in wings will change the rotational characteristics well. If there is a light weight coming out I'll jump on it

Your car drives very sharp with the BRZ as well max, smoking my car in the chicane area with that quick turn in.
tobyzhang is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 02:20 PM
  #19762  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (110)
 
CW22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,115
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
Your car looks great running the NSX, I think the body is in a good middle balance where small change in wings will change the rotational characteristics well. If there is a light weight coming out I'll jump on it

Your car drives very sharp with the BRZ as well max, smoking my car in the chicane area with that quick turn in.
Well Max knows where he spray at, some other driver are blind.
CW22 is offline  
Old 03-18-2015, 05:23 PM
  #19763  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (108)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,289
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default

The next body release???
Core Creations is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 07:54 AM
  #19764  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Valencia, CA
Posts: 376
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Core Creations
The next body release???
I hope this will be released!!! LOL
fx35rc is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 10:28 AM
  #19765  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
g12314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Looking for a rule clarification. The general rules state: All Tamiya vehicles must use Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures unless specified within this document.

For those running the TB04, the Exotek motor mount is a must in GT3 and makes life easier in GT2. They state it is legal for TCS: http://www.exotekracing.com/tb04-stock-motor-adaptor/

However I do not see this part listed in the Tamiya rules as being legal.

No worries as I ended up running my TA05 this past weekend at the TCS race, but did raise this in a conversation with another racer. If its legal to run, would be helpful to see it clarified in the TCS rules.

Thanks,
Jimmy.
g12314 is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 11:06 AM
  #19766  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by g12314
Looking for a rule clarification. The general rules state: All Tamiya vehicles must use Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures unless specified within this document.

For those running the TB04, the Exotek motor mount is a must in GT3 and makes life easier in GT2. They state it is legal for TCS: http://www.exotekracing.com/tb04-stock-motor-adaptor/

However I do not see this part listed in the Tamiya rules as being legal.

No worries as I ended up running my TA05 this past weekend at the TCS race, but did raise this in a conversation with another racer. If its legal to run, would be helpful to see it clarified in the TCS rules.

Thanks,
Jimmy.
When it first came out the Exotek spacer is legal as there is no Tamiya equivalent. However tamiya now does have a equivalent part 54601 so you should use this instead.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=8418
tobyzhang is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 01:12 PM
  #19767  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
gsxr0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Thanks max, i thought that body would be a good choice.
gsxr0311 is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 01:38 PM
  #19768  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
gsxr0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maxepower
The body is very stable, you will need to find a wing that parallels your set-up and driving style. Now that there are so many choices, this is no easy task!
I ended up using the medium downforce wing with the adjustable mount and have it in the middle setting. Some say too stable but again with the right wing it will give you the rotation you want in the corners! Others say the body is very heavy but I heard a lightweight version is in the works! (Rumor mill)
Just my 2$
So did you use the stock wing that comes with the kit? What is the medium wing?
gsxr0311 is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 03:29 PM
  #19769  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Re: NSX CONCEPT

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
So did you use the stock wing that comes with the kit? What is the medium wing?
I never tried the stock wing went straight to the high down force wing then the medium wing! The original option wing kit that comes with two wings. The stock wing looks like it should have some decent down force but if it breaks you're done, good luck trying to find another one without buying the whole kit!
Just my 2$
maxepower is offline  
Old 03-19-2015, 05:04 PM
  #19770  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
gsxr0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Ok. So Tamiya makes a generic medium and high downforce wing? Im not sure because I have never ran TCS. Can you post a picture of the wing mounted on the body? Thanks
gsxr0311 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.