Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-08-2015, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by looklikeaflip
Is Tamiya Raceway going to be open for practice next saturday?

I hear there is a Grand Prix race coming up soon at Tamiya Raceway. Will it take place instead of practice?
I've heard about this too, but never seen any official postings of a GP race.
Pls advise...
Old 03-09-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

what is the best car for GT 2 racing
Old 03-09-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Tamiya Grand Prix Race (Fredtech race)

Originally Posted by RC Passion
I've heard about this too, but never seen any official postings of a GP race.
Pls advise...
This coming Saturday will be practice for GP race including all non Tamiya cars , then the following weekend is the Grand Prix race, then the weekend after that is TCS on Sunday but regular practice will be on Saturday! If you are a novice racer I wouldn't recommend you coming out for the next two weekends, it will be controlled practice which includes modified and 13.5 so there won't be any opportunity for novice drivers to run.
I'm not the official spokes person for the track but I'm sure Fred will recommend the same thing.
Just my 2$
Old 03-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Novice drivers are our core customers to keep this hobby alive. Give them a time slot during control practice if thats what it takes.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Novice drivers are our core customers to keep this hobby alive. Give them a time slot during control practice if thats what it takes.
I agree. I am a novice driver. How am I supposed to prepare for TCS Regionals if you're not allowing us to practice? You're not giving us any time to prepare for regionals.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maxepower
This coming Saturday will be practice for GP race including all non Tamiya cars , then the following weekend is the Grand Prix race, then the weekend after that is TCS on Sunday but regular practice will be on Saturday! If you are a novice racer I wouldn't recommend you coming out for the next two weekends, it will be controlled practice which includes modified and 13.5 so there won't be any opportunity for novice drivers to run.
I'm not the official spokes person for the track but I'm sure Fred will recommend the same thing.
Just my 2$
If only those novices would know about this thread on this forum...

Every time there is closed practice, reedy, GPC, ROAR, Lyman or other race I inevitably hear someone say "damn I drove all the way from XXX and I can't even run".

This happened to myself a couple of times as I was starting out. I looked at the website and checked the schedule. Got a hall pass from the wife, prepped all the cars, walking up all excited... "sorry closed practice"...

If updating the TamiyaUSA website is too much work or not desireable for non-Tamiya Races then a link to a facebook/twitter page or even a blogspot page could be beneficial to those that never visit this thread.

I see your $2 max, and raise you 18cents

Last edited by torg; 03-09-2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: I grammar good
Old 03-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by izzyracer
+1
Old 03-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

TCS @ Horsham, PA was a Blast. Thanks the Horsham Crew for another great event, so much fun!
Awesome facilities, new carpet along with subfloor - Site of the 2015 Roar Carpet Nationals in 2 weeks.
Get there if you have a chance.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:05 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Hold the phone everyone.

The Tamiya track is NOT closed this Saturday to any level of Tamiya product user. If you own a Tamiya vehicle you are more than welcome to come and run your car this coming Saturday. The Tamiya track is primarily used for Tamiya's customers. On special occasions we do have special events.

That being said... on March 14 I am expecting a large crowd of Grand Prix 2 racers for the practice day. Because of this fact, I have posted a schedule here: http://www.rccarevents.com/event_det...?event_id=2325
Simply go to the schedule tab and you can even print it out.

If you have a 13.5 powered car simply run on the TC 13.5 time slot.
If you have a 21.5 powered car simply run with the 17.5 sportsman group.
Mini and F-1 cars have their allotted times.
The schedule is pretty clear. The schedule is also really precise. If you'd like to run simply prepare your charge time accordingly.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:10 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

I would like to add the non-Tamiya racers attending the practice day have been notified on how the day will be run.

Practice Tee Times are seperated by 4 major groups:
TC 17.5 & GT-10 (21.5 cars too)
TC 13.5
TC Mod
Mini & F1

Basic rules of practice:

1. No more than 11 cars on the track at one time.

2. Since the Tee Times are in 15 minute increments, you run for 5 minutes and you are to pull off the track and give the next group of guys in your grouping their chance to practice. There is no good reason to run longer than 5 minutes during your session.

3. When you pull off the track, you are to turn marshal the drivers that follow you. Driver marshaling will keep practice flowing and prevent catastrophic accidents.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by torg
...a facebook/twitter page or even a blogspot page could be beneficial to those that never visit this thread.
that was quick
Old 03-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FMW
I would like to add the non-Tamiya racers attending the practice day have been notified on how the day will be run.

Practice Tee Times are seperated by 4 major groups:
TC 17.5 & GT-10 (21.5 cars too)
TC 13.5
TC Mod
Mini & F1

Basic rules of practice:

1. No more than 11 cars on the track at one time.

2. Since the Tee Times are in 15 minute increments, you run for 5 minutes and you are to pull off the track and give the next group of guys in your grouping their chance to practice. There is no good reason to run longer than 5 minutes during your session.

3. When you pull off the track, you are to turn marshal the drivers that follow you. Driver marshaling will keep practice flowing and prevent catastrophic accidents.
Fred, How is that supposed to work when we already have 42 17.5 drivers? With only 11 drivers for every 5 minutes, the maximum amount of drivers per practice session is 33, given that each session is 15 minutes.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
TCS @ Horsham, PA was a Blast. Thanks the Horsham Crew for another great event, so much fun!
Awesome facilities, new carpet along with subfloor - Site of the 2015 Roar Carpet Nationals in 2 weeks.
Get there if you have a chance.
+1
Can't say enough good stuff about the Horsham facility (and crew) , John Brown (Brownies Hobby) and Tamiya. Flawless...well run show.

My 2nd tcs race and I must say...it yet again has restored my faith that rc racing is still my favorite pastime.
Handouts,free race entry,dads spending time with their kids,"Mini Madness",F1 action, fierce competition and AWESOME awards. This race has it all.

If you have not had the opportunity to run a Tcs event...Please do so.
You will not go away disappointed.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Hold the phone everyone.

The Tamiya track is NOT closed this Saturday to any level of Tamiya product user. If you own a Tamiya vehicle you are more than welcome to come and run your car this coming Saturday. The Tamiya track is primarily used for Tamiya's customers. On special occasions we do have special events.

That being said... on March 14 I am expecting a large crowd of Grand Prix 2 racers for the practice day. Because of this fact, I have posted a schedule here: http://www.rccarevents.com/event_det...?event_id=2325
Simply go to the schedule tab and you can even print it out.

If you have a 13.5 powered car simply run on the TC 13.5 time slot.
If you have a 21.5 powered car simply run with the 17.5 sportsman group.
Mini and F-1 cars have their allotted times.
The schedule is pretty clear. The schedule is also really precise. If you'd like to run simply prepare your charge time accordingly.
Thanks for posting the correct information.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:42 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by looklikeaflip
Fred, How is that supposed to work when we already have 42 17.5 drivers? With only 11 drivers for every 5 minutes, the maximum amount of drivers per practice session is 33, given that each session is 15 minutes.
Due to the "possible" amount of attendees I will make adjustments to the schedule and update the event website the closer we get to the weekend.

If everyone shows up to practice it's very probable we will go to six rounds of controlled practice instead of 8. I'd count on that.

When the schedule changes you will see it posted on rccarevents.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.