Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree830Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by maxepower
This isn't NASCAR, lets ease up on the rules and lets go and have some fricken fun instead!!
Just my 2$
There are a plethora of events outside of TCS, where one can mod a car to their wildest machinations

TCS has tried in earnest to use the KISS method for rules

It's the Tamiya sandbox, perhaps you are ready to venture outside of it ?
Old 03-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

In my opinion,

Tamiya should allow racers to use any Hop-Ups as long as they are Tamiya Brand and as long as they fit on their car with no modifications. That means no cutting or drilling.

All these parts are available for public. so, it wont be cheating as long as anyone can purchase the parts and put the same hop ups in their car. Also this way, Tamiya can sell ore Hop-Ups.

I am more for spec motor and esc over this nitpicking on which parts cant be use on certain cars. This way everyone will have similar HP and can concentrate more in setup and driving...

Thats just my .2$

Last edited by unwritten; 03-05-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unwritten
In my opinion,

Tamiya should allow racers to use any Hop-Ups as long as they are Tamiya Brand and as long as they fit on their car with no modifications. That means no cutting or drilling.

That is the rule...
Old 03-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy Who is TCS anyway? Me ... you... the squeaky wheel

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
There are a plethora of events outside of TCS, where one can mod a car to their wildest machinations

TCS has tried in earnest to use the KISS method for rules

It's the Tamiya sandbox, perhaps you are ready to venture outside of it ?
I am willing to play nicey nice in the box but if sand keeps getting thrown in your face then that is where the problem lies. Racers whining about somebody using Tamiya parts in Tamiya cars! Wow!
Most of us are not novice racers and were using Tamiya designed option available parts that inhance the performance of their cars to use in TCS races, that's what their made for that is all I am saying is to have the opportunity to utilize these parts in my 1/10 scale sedan which is what they are intended for.
That is definitely not venturing outside of the BOX!
Just my 2$
Old 03-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Cool No love!

Originally Posted by OSherman
That is the rule...
Then don't sand the back of your gears in your diff or trim off the flash on any part and smooth it out because that is modifying your parts! Then sanding the sharp edges off your chassis to smooth the sharp corners off and gluing the edges afterwards that is modifying . Tapping or drilling the holes in the chassis for screws to fit is modifying. You never trimmed anything ever on any of your cars in order for it to fit better? REALLY?
REALLY?
Old 03-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Ask Rod if I glue any of my carbon.. But glueing the edges is legal because its pointed out in some of the Tamiya instructions

there are some things that are allowed for fit purposes, like using removing chassis material to fit square pacs in the tub chassis.. which we all know has been deemed legal ever since the LiPo hit the Car scene.. Flashing we all know is part of the regular assembly sequence to insure proper fit when removing the parts from the parts tree.

Adding/increasing a mounting hole to a part modify a current mounting point differently that what was originally designed is however not ok... which ive never done.

you may assume i do trickery because my cars are free and 'fast'. i just tediously build/shim them in the intended fashion without modifying parts in an illegal fashion. theres a lot of lube involved
Old 03-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
That is the rule...
is this is the rule, then why are we still talking about 418 arms are not legal for the TBs and the TAs?

any Tamiya parts right?
Old 03-05-2015, 11:55 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

We manufacture all sorts of shim sets so you may shim to the best of your ability. These shim may be used to remove any unwanted suspension, differential or hinge pin slop.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/search.php?q=shim+set

Shim away...Remove mold flash away...but don't drill, cut, epoxy away to "Frankenstein" parts into your racing machines. It's a pretty simple rule.

Look. We also make excellent side cutters to cut the parts from the trees. Imagine that: http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/tools...80/tools-74000

The ONLY exception in recent years has been with the TB-03, TA-05. These cars were designed before "Square" shaped batteries completely took over RC Racing.
In Mini, you can either buy a M0-5 Version II or you may update your Version one with the updated V2 chassis.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:59 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by unwritten
is this is the rule, then why are we still talking about 418 arms are not legal for the TBs and the TAs?

any Tamiya parts right?
I really need to clarify this. It's become a hot topic from what I see. More than I have anticipated so I will clarify this shortly.

I need a law degree it seems
Old 03-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

That's my point exactly,mass production parts have to be carefully deburred to fit properly and care is taken so all these pieces fit and rotate smoothly.is the performance Inhanced by doing so? Probably but is that why you're fast? No driving skill is what it comes down too. The mini enduro was a good example all the motors ESC's were the same but in the hands of a good driver they were 5 tenths faster than the rest. You can't buy driving ability you either got it or you don't. Racers ca accuse you of me of cheating if we are 5 tenths faster per lap but just see the lines we drive compared to theirs! Enough said!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

im curious to see this 418 Front Arm installation on a TA05ifs

curious to see if you are using swaybars as well. would be very infomative to the rest of us TCS participants..
Old 03-05-2015, 02:56 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

TRF418 Suspension Ruling!
A lot of you have been asking if you may use TRF418 suspension on your existing TA, TB or TRF cars. The short answer is YES, but read below to see which specific platforms may use it.

The SIX parts in question are items:

54568 RC TRF418 C Parts Carbon Reinforced Fnt Uprights
54569 RC TRF418 D Parts Carbon Reinforced Sus Arms
54570 RC TRF418 E Parts Carbon Reinforced Rr Uprights
54571 4 Degree/For Reversible S Arms
54580 RC Carbon Rein Hub Carrier
54546 RC Carbon Rein Hub Carrier For Reversible Sus Arms (6Deg)

The items in question are all Hop-Up-Option parts. These items all came with the following description when they were first introduced into the market: “Compatible with 1/10 scale touring car models fitted with short reversible suspension arms.” That’s a pretty cut and dry statement. Tamiya America’s subsequent product pages went a step further by calling out specific chassis platforms that use “short reversible suspension.” Those platforms include: TA-05 Version 2, TB-03, TB-04, TA-06, FF-03 and TRF416/417.

If you have any of those chassis platforms you MAY use the TRF418 suspension. Also, I will take this a step further because I know people will ask. “Can I mix and match the reversible short suspension with 418 suspension?” The answer is yes! The reason is simple. Current set up sheets for cars that use 418 suspension call out “reversible” parts such as the “steering blocks” and “rear hub carriers” as an Option to use when setting up your car.

This matter is now closed.

FM
Old 03-05-2015, 03:09 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

And for clarification sake: IFS set ups are NOT possible and not allowed when using TRF418 suspension arms.

Per the Hop Up literature: "Please note that these suspension arms cannot be used with Inboard Front Suspension setups."

This matter is also closed.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thank you Fred for the clarification.
I hope this ends this rules discussion.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:12 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

The gear bag needed to make a TB-04 oil filled diff is item 51547 and 51549. Those two parts are "Spare Parts" and not "Hop Up Option" parts. They may only be used with the TB-04 and TB EVO 6.

This matter is now closed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.