Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-19-2015, 05:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
'RODICULOUS"

Definition: Anything that is presented or done with the utmost precision without consideration of time or monetary expense. "RODICULOUS"
Well that pretty much sums up mini
Old 02-19-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
Thanks Danny. The bodies do take a while (about an hour or two for each color) to mask, paint, and finish...but the results (at least with this livery) are worth it.

I spent almost 2 hrs last night cutting and applying decal. I was 80% done. I miss pre cut decal.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Emphasis on each color
Still thats a really nice job, sharp lines and all
Old 02-19-2015, 12:27 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
You're totally correct, but this is the rules that the track techs have been going by
For quite some time, and for all of the tcs races we have ran the only non tamiya
Add on option parts that were permitted in the spec novice class were the receivers and batteries . Even the servos had to be tamiya brand.
If these are the rules you are making, as the person who co wrote the rules
You really should clairify this right away on the web site. Because like I said
This is what the track techs go by!
TCS Rules, subsection "General Rules":
CHASSIS
14. Any manufacturer’s radio equipment, servo saver, antenna pipe, antenna mount, pinion and spur gear, ball bearing, tire insert are allowed in all classes, unless exceptions are noted within class specific rules.

BATTERIES
20. Any ROAR approved battery may be used for any TCS class. See below for more details.
a. NiCd and NiMh batteries are legal for TCS racing. See the ROAR approved list found here: http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/sbattery.php
Old 02-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

nevermind... should have read the last 2 pages

I know Brownie's rules say Tamiya speedo only.. If my daughter is going to do the horsham race, she'll be running a Tekin RS, since I have one - she might also get the 'full ex-team Tekin driver' treatment speedo AND tekin battery

but its a big IF about her doing the race - she's afraid of racing against adults and crashing all over
Old 02-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

....always read the fine print....

especially since its been there for YEARS...
Old 02-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
'RODICULOUS"

Definition: Anything that is presented or done with the utmost precision without consideration of time or monetary expense. "RODICULOUS"

I would like some mention in the Wiki for that definition. Dawson for the phrase, Rod for the inspiration and Fred for the validation!
Old 02-20-2015, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AWK
TCS Rules, subsection "General Rules":
CHASSIS
14. Any manufacturer’s radio equipment, servo saver, antenna pipe, antenna mount, pinion and spur gear, ball bearing, tire insert are allowed in all classes, unless exceptions are noted within class specific rules.

BATTERIES
20. Any ROAR approved battery may be used for any TCS class. See below for more details.
a. NiCd and NiMh batteries are legal for TCS racing. See the ROAR approved list found here: http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/sbattery.php
And your point is AWK?
We were not discussing any of the points you mentioned
Old 02-20-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Stunning....
Old 02-20-2015, 12:45 PM
AWK
Tech Master

And your point is AWK?
We were not discussing any of the points you mentioned
Your post indicated that the rules did not clarify the issues of electronics and batteries in the spec novice class. I quoted a section of the rules that addressed this. Your comment stated that in the Spec novice class that your track had:

For quite some time, and for all of the tcs races we have ran the only non tamiya Add on option parts that were permitted in the spec novice class were the receivers and batteries . Even the servos had to be tamiya brand.
The section of the rules I posted indicated that you did not need to do this. You then asked Eric to clarify this in the rules when it is clearly stated as I posted. This is an issue I had not seen come up before, so hopefully this will help clarify going forward.

In addition, for reference as to what Tamiya classifies as a "hop-up" you may reference the link on their site which lists all Tamiya hop-up options here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...up-parts-72000

Anything not included in the kit to complete the vehicle for use is not a hop-up but a "required item" as it stated on the side of the box, and in the product links on the website. Transmitters, receivers, batteries, and servos are all items that must be purchased in order to make the car work. The rules then help clarify what brands and models for those items can be run in each class.

This was simply to help point out that the rules contained the answers to your original issue. I do advise that if there are some clarification issues you have, it might be easier to call Tamiya USA customer service and speak to them directly or send them an email through the link on their website. Best place to go is the source as they do not always visit this forum.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:48 PM
AWK
Tech Master

I am surprised if any of the TA regulars are surprised by this at this point. I would be more surprised if he posted a picture of his latest "Casper" body
Old 02-20-2015, 03:47 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

M-Chassis Racers,

I have uploaded the NEW M05 Version 2 set up sheet here:
http://www.teamtrf.com/index.php/201...ategory/9-m-05

This file is invaluable for two reasons...
1. It will help you track what you're doing to make your car faster and better overall.
2. It basically tells you what is allowed to be changed to meet TCS rules. If you see the set up sheet call a change out, then it's legal to do using Tamiya Option Parts of course.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Fred, can you get involved with the spec novice discussion please
Old 02-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Fred, can you get involved with the spec novice discussion please
Wow, do you really have that much trouble reading the current rules ? It is very obvious the tech people at the TCS event you race at are making their own interpretations that do NOT follow the rules AS PRINTED on the TCS section of the Tamiya USA website. There are a number of Spec Class legal kits from Tamiya that do not come with servo's or esc's.

The only rule under Spec Novice specific to anything electronic is the motor.

3. The Kit type closed-end-bell, silver can motor (Mabuchi/Johnson) 540-J and RS 540 Torque Tuned motor (items 54358 & 53689) are the only two motor types allowed for this class.

As AWK already posted, it is stated under "General Rules Applying To All Vehicles And Classes" the following that covers the rest of the electronics you question (ie: servo's and esc's).

Time to admit your local TCS race tech people have been doing it wrong and move on.....

Panda
Old 02-21-2015, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maxepower
I can't speak for Kevin but I've tried the HSV , but it wanted to over rotate in the corners a little too much for my set-up. If your set-up is very pushy then this body might be o.k.
I did try the New NSX Concept body and I liked it a lot in 13.5 GT-1 but it was too pushy in 17.5 GT-2.
I also tried the BRZ body and that worked much better in GT-2 as long as you ran a wing that works with your set-up.
I'm trying the R8 this weekend and am very anxious to see how that handles in both GT-1 and GT-2.
Just my 2?
Max ran a camouflaged test mule today...

I grabbed a "spy shot"...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.