Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-10-2015, 10:34 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gcooper
Gents,

My local club has a M-chassis class that follows TCS rules only.

Some of us have the M03 but only have rectangular batteries and are not too keen on the oval batteries.

Since the M05 and M06 allow rectangular batteries, is it legal to rectangle the oval battery slots?

Or.

Is there a M03 kit chassis that already has done this?

I do have an M06 opted out so you don't have to tell me to buy an M05-6.

Coop
There's a simple solution. If you have a M-05 Version ONE, you may convert it to Version II spec. All you need are these 4 Hop Up Option parts:

Items
54605 RC M-05 Ver.II A Parts (Chassis)
54606 RC One Piece Lwr Sus Arm Set
54609 RC Aluminum Motor Mount
54613 RC Stainless Steel Sus Shaft

The A-Parts have the square shaped battery slot.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
Looking on attending one of these races in June.

I am a huge Tamiya fan and finally get to go to one of these races.

I do have a few questions, Can I race my TRF TA04 with the Carbon Fiber chassis hop up in GT1?

I also plan on running GT2 with a TB-04, can I race both classes?

For the chance to win a trip to Japan, is that race only held in California or any GT1 TCS race?

Thanks.
any of the Tamiya chassis' are legal for GT1 - i've run a TA05ViiR in GT1 a couple of years ago... as far as running the same chassis, I don't believe there are any rules that say you need a separate chassis for each class.. that being said - GT1 is 13.5 and GT2 is 17.5, so you'll need to swap motors. also, GT2 has a minimum weight where as GT1 doesn't IF you're running a tub chassis..

and the only way to win the ticket to Japan is to win the class at the TCS North American Finals - which is held at Tamiya USA. but the only way to qualify for the finals is to make the "A" main at the local events

hope that helps
Old 02-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Talking How to qualify for TCS Nationals!

Originally Posted by k_bojar
any of the Tamiya chassis' are legal for GT1 - i've run a TA05ViiR in GT1 a couple of years ago... as far as running the same chassis, I don't believe there are any rules that say you need a separate chassis for each class.. that being said - GT1 is 13.5 and GT2 is 17.5, so you'll need to swap motors. also, GT2 has a minimum weight where as GT1 doesn't IF you're running a tub chassis..

and the only way to win the ticket to Japan is to win the class at the TCS North American Finals - which is held at Tamiya USA. but the only way to qualify for the finals is to make the "A" main at the local events

hope that helps
Yes, you are correct on everything but I don't believe you have to make the "A" main at your local track to qualify for the Nationals, but you do have to race that class at the regionals in the last 2 years to run in that class at the Nationals.
However, there is a chance if there are too many entries that show up for the Trip to Japan classes then Fred may impose the "A" main rule but for the last 6 years I've been doing the Nationals this has never happened, but maybe Fred can verify,I just can't remember that far back!

Then again, if a racer does shows up from out of state I'm sure they will make sure he or she is able to run, again Fred can verify!
Just my 2 ?
Old 02-10-2015, 03:44 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=554

After the end of the TCS season there is a TCS Finals Championship held in Aliso Viejo, California, home of the Tamiya America Raceway track facility. Four classes are chosen at the beginning of the season where the champion of that class moves on to the Tamiya World Championships held at Tamiya’s headquarters in Shizuoka, Japan.

In order to participate in the TCS Finals, all participants competing in a Tamiya World Championship class eligible for the “Trip to Japan” prize must be legal citizens and residents of the United States of America. All other regions are excluded at this time.

In order to enter a “trip winning” TCS Finals class, you must have competed in that class during the previous or current regional season to compete in that class at the Finals.

All TCS racers finishing in the top ten in any class automatically qualify for the Tamiya TCS Finals. Those not making the top ten will be given first priority as “walk-ins” on a first come first serve basis. Unqualified racers and walk-ins may not enter a trip winning class, which they have never raced in previously. You must have participated in the 2014 and or 2015 season to be eligible to take part in the TCS 2015 finals.
EXCEPTIONS include: GT SPEC Novice, 1/12 GT and exhibition classes. If you are new to TCS, you may enter GT Spec Novice, 1/12 GT and any exhibition classes offered at the TCS Finals even if you did not participate in a regional event.
The TCS Finals trip winning classes for 2015 are: GT-1, GT-2, Formula 1 and M-Chassis. The winner of each eligible class is awarded a trip to Japan to compete in the Tamiya World Finals held in November 2015.

Former TCS champions who have won the trip to Japan are once again eligible to compete at the TCS Finals for another shot at the trip to go to Japan and compete at the Tamiya World Championships. Read below for eligibility and details.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Yes, you are correct on everything but I don't believe you have to make the "A" main at your local track to qualify for the Nationals, but you do have to race that class at the regionals in the last 2 years to run in that class at the Nationals.
However, there is a chance if there are too many entries that show up for the Trip to Japan classes then Fred may impose the "A" main rule but for the last 6 years I've been doing the Nationals this has never happened, but maybe Fred can verify,I just can't remember that far back!

Then again, if a racer does shows up from out of state I'm sure they will make sure he or she is able to run, again Fred can verify!
Just my 2 ?

Not sure if you were talking about the correct car or my driving style ( no offense if so ) but i would assure you both would be rocking....
Originally Posted by FMW
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=554

After the end of the TCS season there is a TCS Finals Championship held in Aliso Viejo, California, home of the Tamiya America Raceway track facility. Four classes are chosen at the beginning of the season where the champion of that class moves on to the Tamiya World Championships held at Tamiya’s headquarters in Shizuoka, Japan.

In order to participate in the TCS Finals, all participants competing in a Tamiya World Championship class eligible for the “Trip to Japan” prize must be legal citizens and residents of the United States of America. All other regions are excluded at this time.

In order to enter a “trip winning” TCS Finals class, you must have competed in that class during the previous or current regional season to compete in that class at the Finals.

All TCS racers finishing in the top ten in any class automatically qualify for the Tamiya TCS Finals. Those not making the top ten will be given first priority as “walk-ins” on a first come first serve basis. Unqualified racers and walk-ins may not enter a trip winning class, which they have never raced in previously. You must have participated in the 2014 and or 2015 season to be eligible to take part in the TCS 2015 finals.
EXCEPTIONS include: GT SPEC Novice, 1/12 GT and exhibition classes. If you are new to TCS, you may enter GT Spec Novice, 1/12 GT and any exhibition classes offered at the TCS Finals even if you did not participate in a regional event.
The TCS Finals trip winning classes for 2015 are: GT-1, GT-2, Formula 1 and M-Chassis. The winner of each eligible class is awarded a trip to Japan to compete in the Tamiya World Finals held in November 2015.

Former TCS champions who have won the trip to Japan are once again eligible to compete at the TCS Finals for another shot at the trip to go to Japan and compete at the Tamiya World Championships. Read below for eligibility and details.

Thank you very much for the clarification.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quick Question, is this body legal for TCS racing?

Old 02-11-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
Quick Question, is this body legal for TCS racing?

YES +1 winner winner chicken dinner. TQ GT2.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Just my 2 ?
i wasn't aware all you had to do was run the class in the previous 2 seasons I guess i always assumed you HAD to make the top 10 to qualify to run at the Finals...
Old 02-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
I am going to try out my old Honda HSV body this weekend and see how it does. The new NSX will be next to try when it arrives at Tamiya.

any feedbacks from the New NSX Body?
Old 02-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Cool TCS legal GT bodies!

Originally Posted by unwritten
any feedbacks from the New NSX Body?
I can't speak for Kevin but I've tried the HSV , but it wanted to over rotate in the corners a little too much for my set-up. If your set-up is very pushy then this body might be o.k.
I did try the New NSX Concept body and I liked it a lot in 13.5 GT-1 but it was too pushy in 17.5 GT-2.
I also tried the BRZ body and that worked much better in GT-2 as long as you ran a wing that works with your set-up.
I'm trying the R8 this weekend and am very anxious to see how that handles in both GT-1 and GT-2.
Just my 2?
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-img_1013.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-img_1010.jpg  

Last edited by maxepower; 02-12-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I can't speak for Kevin but I've tried the HSV , but it wanted to over rotate in the corners a little too much for my set-up. If your set-up is very pushy then this body might be o.k.
I did try the New NSX Concept body and I liked it a lot in 13.5 GT-1 but it was too pushy in 17.5 GT-2.
I also tried the BRZ body and that worked much better in GT-2 as long as you ran a wing that works with your set-up.
I'm trying the R8 this weekend and am very anxious to see how that handles in both GT-1 and GT-2.
Just my 2?
Did you try the NSX C with kit wing, not HD ?
Old 02-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just my 2?
thank you for the response...
Old 02-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Max, the R8 handles well in both GT1 and GT2. I think you'll like it with a few setup tweaks. The biggest problem with the body is that it is VERY susceptible to body tucks Even the slightest tap in the rear quarter will tuck that baby up. It was a body I really liked but I just couldn't take a chance on that tuck taking me out of contention in a race.

The 599 Ferrari might be another body you might want to try. Good steering and pretty neutral mid corner. There is a lt wt version of it also. I may have one sitting around in my body stash and I will bring it to the track on Saturday if you want to "try it before you buy it" to see if it fits your driving style. You've already bought 4-5 bodies, no sense buying another that you won't use because it doesn't handle the way you'd like it to.

Last edited by Leester; 02-12-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Question for FMW

Will the PS3 body be legal for 1/12 GT
Old 02-13-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

OK This may be a dumb question cause TCS rules state that you can switch between F103 and F04 front suspensions to get wide or narrow setups (using appropriate rear wheels). But do TCS rules allow you use the F103 and F104 stock front suspension arms on the TRF101 and TRF101W chassis?

eg. Convert TRF101W to narrow spec with F104 front suspension and rear wheels?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.