Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-09-2015, 02:23 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The EBBRO is discontinued and it's just time to let that one go too.

I see many of you are interested in the new NSX Concept GT body. The body sets are currently sitting on a container ship docked at Long Beach harbor. As soon as the Union guys at the harbor do their over paid jobs we will start shipping
Old 01-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Exclamation

i personally think the 'optinal wings' should be removed from all GT classes except GT1

$0.02
Old 01-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by torg
Reading between the lines and detecting sarcasm on an (semi-anonymous) internet forum is difficult. You may need to look into using the <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags or a (j/k) to indicate that you are just kidding.

without them you may come off quite... disrespectful...
I am responding with my last post for a while (retired TCS racer).

I know A LOT of people - maybe, not enough Cali's - in RC.

Those that know me know that I say what I mean and I mean what I say.

There is no sarcasm in my posts (thanks for trying to cover, Steve).

I want the US to win all podiums in the TCS worlds. We do have the talent.

The current system does not guarantee that we are sending our best US racers to Japan. Whenever we want to get serious, we will - without ego.

Fred is the best man to do this job, as he has watched us race for a good 15 years.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
The EBBRO is discontinued and it's just time to let that one go too.

I see many of you are interested in the new NSX Concept GT body. The body sets are currently sitting on a container ship docked at Long Beach harbor. As soon as the Union guys at the harbor do their over paid jobs we will start shipping
Will do, I think we will see lots of different bodies being used this year. Time to start testing again
Old 01-09-2015, 03:24 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I would like to see the body rule amended for GT2 & GT3 and allow the older NSX bodies. Tamiya bodies are expensive. If I have a Tamiya chassis and parts and I am going to run one regional race it discourages myself and others from participating because of the expense of a body. If we could run the older bodies that we have it would make the race less expensive.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
i personally think the 'optinal wings' should be removed from all GT classes except GT1

$0.02
That will drive people towards finding the Tamiya body with the biggest stock wing (like SLS AMG with lexan and the new t500 machines with big scooping wings) and once again drive people to all use the same body.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Body controvesy

Originally Posted by SMcD
Originally Posted by tobyzhang
That will drive people towards finding the Tamiya body with the biggest stock wing (like SLS AMG with lexan and the new t500 machines with big scooping wings) and once again drive people to all use the same body.

At first I understood why not NSX's because of availability, but I realized that a body that will fit low enough on my TRF418 to run GT-1 is limited because of the stand up shocks won't allow it. For example the R8 body will just clear but there is a big problem with the body tucking under the rear tires even on the slightest tap in the back and just clipping the burm will also cause body tuck. I've tried a couple of the anti body tuck aftermarket parts but they just don't work!
I can't imagine buying a boat load of bodies in order to see if all the bodies fit and that handle well enough for the high speed 13.5 motors and using B3 tires is in this class is quite a challenge for me and not to mention the $40 dollar per body cost to try and not fit or work! That can be very very pricey. I can ask my friends that are trying different bodies to let me see if it works on my car but again not everybody has that luxury!
I'm not saying to allow the older NSX bodies in GT-1 but how about allowing us to cut beyond the trim line in order to help handling and clearance issues.
ie. the bottom side of the bodies, in the back where the tires may hit make contact with the ashpalt where the diffusers hit the ground. For example on the FF03 Golf 24 body the instructions actually say trim diffuser if it contacts the ground!
So bottom line, let us trim the new bodies to reduce the cost of trying 10 different bodies and have them not work at a $400 price tag.
Tamiya bodies have always been more expensive then most body companys but for the licencing and the authenticity of the bodies we were willing to pay a higher price, no different now but at a minimum $40 price per body it is just not cost effective if you want to see if each body will fit and handle properly. Oh, and as far as using kit wings................. Orlando you've got to be crazy!
Enough said for now!
Just my $2
Old 01-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Has anyone ordered from RC Champ in the last few months? Are they still doing overseas orders?
Old 01-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maxepower

At first I understood why not NSX's because of availability, but I realized that a body that will fit low enough on my TRF418 to run GT-1 is limited because of the stand up shocks won't allow it. For example the R8 body will just clear but there is a big problem with the body tucking under the rear tires even on the slightest tap in the back and just clipping the burm will also cause body tuck. I've tried a couple of the anti body tuck aftermarket parts but they just don't work!
I can't imagine buying a boat load of bodies in order to see if all the bodies fit and that handle well enough for the high speed 13.5 motors and using B3 tires is in this class is quite a challenge for me and not to mention the $40 dollar per body cost to try and not fit or work! That can be very very pricey. I can ask my friends that are trying different bodies to let me see if it works on my car but again not everybody has that luxury!
I'm not saying to allow the older NSX bodies in GT-1 but how about allowing us to cut beyond the trim line in order to help handling and clearance issues.
ie. the bottom side of the bodies, in the back where the tires may hit make contact with the ashpalt where the diffusers hit the ground. For example on the FF03 Golf 24 body the instructions actually say trim diffuser if it contacts the ground!
So bottom line, let us trim the new bodies to reduce the cost of trying 10 different bodies and have them not work at a $400 price tag.
Tamiya bodies have always been more expensive then most body companys but for the licencing and the authenticity of the bodies we were willing to pay a higher price, no different now but at a minimum $40 price per body it is just not cost effective if you want to see if each body will fit and handle properly. Oh, and as far as using kit wings................. Orlando you've got to be crazy!
Enough said for now!
Just my $2
Has anyone tried #84340 (Heavy duty R8 1.2mm)? Sure it's heavier, but does it still tuck? Does dry-wall tape + shoe goo prevent tucking? I've only done it to protect the front.

How much would you allow to cut? 5mm, 10mm, 20mm? In what shape? Where do you cross the line from not tucking to getting an aero advantage? It seems very fuzzy, like Mini tire-glue voodoo.

Being able to cut obvious rear diffusers off, i.e. #51515 Subaru BRZ R&D could become interesting again.

The NSX concept #51563 will probably sell out in no time since it says NSX on it, but it is nothing like the old NSX bodies. I would point to the #51562 Eneos Sustina as a remarkably similar car (I have both and they work well for me).

I still like the LaFerrari with the optional adjustable wing

GT3 class was pretty diverse last year, GT2 was NSX parade, mini was Swift Parade, FF will be Golf24 parde and all those F1 cars... looked like F1 cars (sorry I can't tell a mclaren or ferrari apart )

BTW Don't listen to Orlando, that's crazy talk... Just for saying that we'll have to mount the air brake/curved wing from #54494 (RC Racing Wing Set 2) on his CRX

Just my $1.23 +tax
Old 01-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
I would like to see the body rule amended for GT2 & GT3 and allow the older NSX bodies. Tamiya bodies are expensive. If I have a Tamiya chassis and parts and I am going to run one regional race it discourages myself and others from participating because of the expense of a body. If we could run the older bodies that we have it would make the race less expensive.
I would encourage allowing GT3 to run any body, except the 2-3 that have been listed for years.

I was surprised the 2007 NSX was added to the list. It is a nice body for those like myself, who run IFS. I could understand eliminating the $20 ones that don't come with sticker sets. Seems that is the one everyone goes to for cost and performance, why test others. Although I do test and buy others.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman

$0.02
It used to be that way. One good crash, they break, making the body junk.
I have not seen plastic wing sets for sale. Glue will not fix them, unless you get the stuff that has nasty vapor.
I don't usually crash, 9 other racers have a say in that.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:48 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Has anyone ordered from RC Champ in the last few months? Are they still doing overseas orders?
I tried, but got no reply a few months back. This has happened before where they go through a long spell without anyone handling the international emails, but I just ended up going through RC Mart instead.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by torg
Does dry-wall tape + shoe goo prevent tucking? I've only done it to protect the front.
Or, Is it legal at all?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:58 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower

Enough said for now!
Just my $2
I don't disagree with you, but I can't see that happening. If you open up the rules to allow for trimming to help with tucking or tire rubbing, you open it up to be quite subjective. Where you deem the need to cut might be higher or lower than I determine and then you get into complaints. I think as Torg mentioned if you can allow for the diffuser area of any body to be cut off, that would be enough to really open up the body rules.

I remember back with the TA02 and TA03 that people would trim that area off of the Opel Calibra bodies and it made it one of the best bodies of the time. I also think if the instructions call it out on that body set, then it would be a good area to look into.

We all know this will only be an issue for a few races until everyone finds "the" body to have. I see a 458 or R8 parade in GT1.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

kit wings.. everyone will learn to tune their suspension even more so. and teach us ALL to drive better.. its not crrazy, its FUN

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.