Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by izzyracer
O my goodness, great idea, so simple and yet effective! hey Gary, what the hell is going on, you and me agreeing on something... dang!
What can I say Izzy, I guess you just can't be wrong ALL the time Great running with you this weekend too BTW.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
If Tamiya drops using only Tamiya tires for '06, I have some stock I would like to return for credit.
doh.. 14 sets of Bs...and 10 sets of B3s left!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by madjack
so are you talking about me again Barry?

BTW whats the handycap these days?

John (aka - 2 pack madjack)
good run.. from B-main to 2nd. thats one hell of a run JC. call me later if you aint too tired.

when's the Fremont TCS?
Old 08-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
MARK D......I have one more constructive advice for next years race also.....

How bout checking to make sure that everyone is not sponsored at all!

This race is for the unsponsored drivers that drive Tamiyas for fun and have a chance to go to the worlds in Japan....They are(as far as I was told before) to be unsponsored...I look down the list of mains and I see many sponsored drivers......I know that there were complaints about people also...so if nothing is to be done then I probably will see many more next year also....just my .02$...........

Barry
That is a good point.

In the ideal world you are correct. I donít believe that there is anyone that is sponsored by Tamiya that ran in any of the classes.

Sure there were guys that have ran for other companies like XRAY, Losi, AE, Yokomo, Corally and every other RC manufacturer at different levels in the past or folks that were on the "Team Homie" programs. The "Team Homie" programs are even worse. Those are folks that are off the sponsored 'radar screen' that get all of the team benefits but never have to declare that they have help. How do you screen those folks?

I am sure there are some racers that have some relationships that gets them better knowledge and access. At the end of the day, to run a series such as this, it demands an extraordinary expense in equipment that is really only useable for TCS. We donít run 23T in the US nor do we run Tamiya tires on a week by week basis. There are many racers that are now looking at boxes of 1 run tires and motors that will never be used again or until next year.

I am not going take your constructive criticism personally. There was a large investment made in running Tamiya and TCS series as I am sure many other made as well. And I can say that CHASE MANHATTAN is not giving me 'special' terms on my billing.

The truth is that best equalizer for an event like this is to limit motors, tires and batteries. All of which Tamiya does to some extent. More could be done, but it is their event.

I think there is a little peril in talking about the cost of buying 26 sets of tires, 4 practice motors, 2 race motors, 40 pairs of brushes to figure out what works. Guess what Barry, no one sent me a check to cover that expense. Not to mention the infinite numbers of inserts and combinations that many of us footed personal costs for or even buying equipment last minute just to keep above water.

I am well aware that my investment makes my plaque the most expensive paper weight ever. Was it worth it? Not as an investment with a dollar return, but for pride. That it was done on my own, my own resource and no backing of factory team.

*edited for spelling and grammar

Last edited by MDawson; 08-30-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have to agree with Mark. There are some drivers that get 'under-the-table' help and, while this is considered a type of 'sponsorship', cannot be detected. Some of the 'top' drivers at this race....you can't tell me they didn't get some help of some sort....something free or even at a discounted price. Either way, that's a form of sponsorship. How many of the low-A and beyond drivers got any type of 'deal'. I'm guessing not many, IF any.

There's no way to cure this without using the spec motor, battery and tire. This way the only help you can get is with car setup, really. It's a matter of driving and not who has the most power.

That's MY 2c.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Barry -

Can you email me a setup for my Associated Factory Team TC4 please?

Thanks.

*edited for spelling and grammar
Old 08-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
So here's a suggestion for an easy fix...

Lets go back to the old rules, handout motors, handout battery, and maybe add handout tires? Saves us all money and really levels the playing field. Say we have to pay $50 to enter but you get the above listed? Tell me that's not a bargin? The Chumps did it this year and it worked awesome!

Izzy, I agree with you on the 27 idea (OMFG, right? I agree with you, lol). So why not have someone at TA, or a group of people, start in April and work through July and simply pre-glue Tamiya tires with the same insert in all of them?
Hmmmm....

IF we really want to go back to the old rules why don't go back to the old timing rules such as racing against the clock and added up lap times instade of this triple A main format. That would be cool!
Old 08-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Lee, why don't you shorten your sig and instead of 1 year-12 months till... why don't you just say 2 years?

I'd be ok with the old way of doing it. People now don't remember what it was like to "race" in their qualifiers because of IFMAR qualifying, so mains are more crash laden than ever before. Either that or use the RROC format.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
doh.. 14 sets of Bs...and 10 sets of B3s left!
Between A's, B's, and B3's, how about 32 sets. Time for an e-bay sale ?
Old 08-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Spec

I'll add a vote for spec tires, batteries, inserts. I think most of us buy new stuff for this race anyway. Lets make it more about setup and driving skill. Thats one of the reasons I went to mini. Maximum fun minimum budget. I think Devon had 8 runs on his winning tires.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

I agree. I spent over $300 on batteries for nationals...granted these are the only packs I'll buy until next year, but still I'd rather spend $100 combined for my motor, batteries, and tires than $300 on packs, $300 on tires, and $15 on a motor.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
good run.. from B-main to 2nd. thats one hell of a run JC. call me later if you aint too tired.

when's the Fremont TCS?
Chris, it's gone from 3rd, to B-main, to 2nd...so does that mean a C-main finish in 06?
Old 08-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by madjack
Chris, it's gone from 3rd, to B-main, to 2nd...so does that mean a C-main finish in 06?
thats fine... that means 1st in 07
Old 08-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

I can't resist....

John, what color car you gonna run in KOH next year?
Old 08-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lots of good ideas for keeping costs down.

Motors - Having 2 to 3 handout motors seems to work. I get a little nervous with 1.

Tires - If they can get into a Spec premount that would be cool for next years nats. Also limiting the amount of tires for the weekend that are spec'd. They did it one year with B2s at I think it was 3 sets and you had to mount them in front of a Tamiya employee. Not that I would want to repeat the B2 scenario, specing and marking a nats tire would definately level the playing field especially if it was announced the week before the race.

Batteries - Not too crazy about that idea mainly because I had it one year and got a bum battery. Although the newer batteries are much better than what we had. If they run the triple A format I would want 2 handout batts.

I don't mind the Triple A format besides with the current system we have 7 races instead of 6 assuming you are 1 of the lucky 10 in a class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.