Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-13-2014, 11:57 AM
  #19156  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,838
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I sat across from Mark for the last two saturdays. the only cars i saw were tamiyas.
It wasn't Mark. I know who one of them was, pitted next to me.
CraigMBA is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 05:59 AM
  #19157  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Tamiya Racing Facility

Originally Posted by FMW
For those who frequently come to the Tamiya America racing facility I would like to make the following observation a notice to all:


In recent weeks I have seen people who shall be nameless appear with brands of cars who won't be nameless...Awesomematix and X-Ray. They have chosen to run them on the Tamiya owned and operated racing facility. The facility is the sole property of Tamiya America, Inc. and last I looked Awesomematix nor X-Ray have any ownership or pay Tamiya for the use of their cars on Tamiya property. The Tamiya America Raceway is open every Saturday for our Tamiya customers who own Tamiya cars to run on the track and have a good time. The track is there for Tamiya America's racing promotions. There are those rare events where other brands of cars are allowed on the track. Those events include the prestigious Reedy Race of Champions and other events such as the Speed Tech Grand Club race. Unless these events are taking place other brands of cars are not allowed. PERIOD. If you own an Awesomatix or X-Ray car product please feel free to visit their facilities. I'm sure they would love to see you enjoy their track facility.

FM
Thanks Fred for clarifying the rules. We all assume that the rules are known by all but I only have had a couple of instances where we had to let racers know of the rules. One did and one didn't know.
We, as in volunteers of maintaining the track are there to make conditions as nice as possible for all to enjoy and answer any questions regarding practice and rules of the Tamiya facility as per their instructions, including smoking, drinking and profanity not being allowed at the track.
If certain racers don't abide by the rules we just pass the information on to Fred.
I think these were isolated instances and not the norm, so we are all pretty good at policing ourselve and the honor system has work well so far. We don't want to see that change!
Right?
Just my 2$
maxepower is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 07:29 AM
  #19158  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,367
Default

Yeah and there's always the "freeloaders". It seems that some don't realize that the power at the track, the timing system, track prep, etc. are all due to donations of time and money from fellow racers. From the relatively large % of "freeloaders" we have, it seems that there's a prevalent opinion that Tamiya is doing this. Not true.

The guys who accept the "donations" of $5/month are really "nice" people. They are not going to approach you for the money. Wish they would cause you're just screwing over every other guy there who's kicking' into the pot. And the truth be known, $5/month doesn't begin to cover expenses. Frankly, I think calling this $5/month a donation is a misnomer, it should be a requirement.

Been wanting to say that for awhile now. If it pisses you off, good. You're probably one of the guys screwing everyone else over. If you want to take me on over this subject, have at it. I have a lot of ammo stock piled to take you on.
Granpa is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 09:40 AM
  #19159  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,259
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Granpa
Yeah and there's always the "freeloaders". It seems that some don't realize that the power at the track, the timing system, track prep, etc. are all due to donations of time and money from fellow racers. From the relatively large % of "freeloaders" we have, it seems that there's a prevalent opinion that Tamiya is doing this. Not true.

The guys who accept the "donations" of $5/month are really "nice" people. They are not going to approach you for the money. Wish they would cause you're just screwing over every other guy there who's kicking' into the pot. And the truth be known, $5/month doesn't begin to cover expenses. Frankly, I think calling this $5/month a donation is a misnomer, it should be a requirement.

Been wanting to say that for awhile now. If it pisses you off, good. You're probably one of the guys screwing everyone else over. If you want to take me on over this subject, have at it. I have a lot of ammo stock piled to take you on.
Only $5/month?

I have always thought it was $5/Saturday. That is what I have been donating.

Don't mind paying more based on the effort the guys put into it. There is no other permanent track in SoCal where you can pay $5/month for practice.
MDawson is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 09:56 AM
  #19160  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,901
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MDawson
Only $5/month?

I have always thought it was $5/Saturday. That is what I have been donating.

Don't mind paying more based on the effort the guys put into it. There is no other permanent track in SoCal where you can pay $5/month for practice.
+1
madjack is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 09:59 AM
  #19161  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,563
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MDawson
Only $5/month?

I have always thought it was $5/Saturday. That is what I have been donating.

Don't mind paying more based on the effort the guys put into it. There is no other permanent track in SoCal where you can pay $5/month for practice.
Aw Man, I thought is was $5 each time you practiced. Oh well
DOTMAN is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 AM
  #19162  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

T-minus 7days till The FWD Extravaganza.
OSherman is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 01:20 PM
  #19163  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys,

I wanted to let everyone know the pricing for the Spec tires at the TCS Finals.

The pre-mounted B3 tires are $35.00 for a set of 4. This includes tax. GT-1 and GT-2 racers must buy the event B3 tires to ensure "lot manufacturing" fairness. We will begin to sell these and tech these beginning Friday at 10:00 am. Cash, credit or first born.

Racers in the GT-3 and Front drive class are free to bring their own "B3 spec" tires, but you are more than free to purchase the one's we will be selling at the discounted price. You can purchase these tires also beginning on Friday at 10:00 am.

The spec M-chassis 60D tire package is $25.00 including tax. Same procedure as above. You will have to assemble these tires in tech in front of the officials beginning on Friday at 10:00 am until 4:30 pm.

That's it for now...
FMW is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 01:20 PM
  #19164  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,367
Default

Originally Posted by MDawson
Only $5/month?

I have always thought it was $5/Saturday. That is what I have been donating.

Don't mind paying more based on the effort the guys put into it. There is no other permanent track in SoCal where you can pay $5/month for practice.
Actually Mark, that rate was instituted years ago, before the generator for power and the lap timer etc. Even at $5 for each Saturday, it's still the biggest bargain around. What's been happening lately is that the "donations" haven't been covering expenses due to some not contributing. It seems as if they, the track maintenance team have been running short, on gas money. So some of the "guys" have been kicking in extra.

As in any other situation like this, there are a few that contribute "extra" and some who take advantage of the situation. Frankly, I just don't understand. How can you do that???? Beyond my comprehension.

Sorry, Mark. You're obviously not one of the "people" I was referring to. I just go on these rants every so often. Probably my overdeveloped sense of Justice

Last edited by Granpa; 08-14-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: addition
Granpa is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 01:36 PM
  #19165  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,259
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Granpa
Actually Mark, that rate was instituted years ago, before the generator for power and the lap timer etc. Even at $5 for each Saturday, it's still the biggest bargain around. What's been happening lately is that the "donations" haven't been covering expenses due to some not contributing. It seems as if they, the track maintenance team have been running short, on gas money. So some of the "guys" have been kicking in extra.

As in any other situation like this, there are a few that contribute "extra" and some who take advantage of the situation. Frankly, I just don't understand. How can you do that???? Beyond my comprehension.
Perhaps the last set of dialog will remind attendees that it is a Not-for-Profit and will pitch in their fair share.

It is a right thing to do. And the volunteers do it well!
MDawson is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 04:02 PM
  #19166  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,775
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

i suggest a donation box to encourage it. There are several times that I thought of handing off my cash and slips my minds as focusing on practice. This way it will always be a constant reminder to everyone.
izzyracer is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 04:13 PM
  #19167  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,259
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by izzyracer
i suggest a donation box to encourage it. There are several times that I thought of handing off my cash and slips my minds as focusing on practice. This way it will always be a constant reminder to everyone.
Brilliant! Im thinking of something big and identifiable.

Ill take the task of getting the donation bucket together - Feel free to sticker and decorate it. Put it out starting this Saturday. The usual TTL Guard can take it over and handle it from there.
MDawson is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 05:02 PM
  #19168  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Fred will tire procedures be the same for GT-3 and FWD? limits/ saucing etc?
Difuser is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 09:57 PM
  #19169  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Difuser
Fred will tire procedures be the same for GT-3 and FWD? limits/ saucing etc?
I didn't see the need to limit tires in GT-3 and FWD this year.

BTW: A few more announcements...We will have two very lovely trophy girls present during the award ceremony. Twins in fact! They will be arriving early Sunday and since it's the 20th anniversary they will be going around the pits conducting driver interviews. Don't be shy as we will be recording your interviews for future promotions of the TCS series.

Also, our guest announcer, Charlie Sunangka will be racing in the FWD class, so I hope all of you racing in the class bring your A game
FMW is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 10:08 PM
  #19170  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

claasy group of individuals who maintain the facility. i tried donating $20 one time, because i knew i hadnt in a while. they insisted that i only give $5... at the time.

anywhooo, bring on the bucket!!
OSherman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.