Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-08-2014, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MDawson
"The WOW! Seriously Award" should go to the Team that built the RC Scoring Pro Our Laps Application.

A brilliant idea. The OurLaps guys should be commended.

They should also look at what 5280 Raceway in CO has done - http://5280raceway.com/practice/ - auto publish times to the site from the scoring system.

This was something that RC4 promised as a service but never really delivered.

###
There's no affiliation with RC Scoring Pro. Mylaps has a solution but like most things that need to publish, it needs an internet connection to work. I'd have to donate a hotspot as well Just learned the other day that the cheap battery back ups don't operate well on generator power...

The liverc site worked great during the reedy race btw. Ourlaps is purely geared towards practice. We have been tinkering with the idea of "late publishing", someone could upload lap data when they get home.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by torg
There's no affiliation with RC Scoring Pro. Mylaps has a solution but like most things that need to publish, it needs an internet connection to work. I'd have to donate a hotspot as well Just learned the other day that the cheap battery back ups don't operate well on generator power...

The liverc site worked great during the reedy race btw. Ourlaps is purely geared towards practice. We have been tinkering with the idea of "late publishing", someone could upload lap data when they get home.
More of semantics referencing RC Scoring Pro. Surely Our Laps needed some help connecting in to the system.

Nevertheless good job.

Late publishing is an interesting solution. Some of use RCRACINGWARE with the DCD system that allows logging on the device with integration to Dropbox for archive. That is trick.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

More of semantics referencing RC Scoring Pro. Surely Our Laps needed some help connecting in to the system.

Nevertheless good job.

Late publishing is an interesting solution. Some of use RCRACINGWARE with the DCD system that allows logging on the device with integration to Dropbox for archive. That is trick.
Thanks! Mylaps were kind enough to provide the protocol information, Rc Scoring Pro uses serial, we use Ethernet. So we happily co-exist

Thanks for all your input, it's giving me lots of ideas. I'll have to talk to Fred first, but maybe we can do something with a hotspot for the nationals.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What time will the gates open tomorrow for practice?
Old 08-08-2014, 09:53 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The track is closed tomorrow. Beach party with RC cars and water pistols.

J/K Someone is usually there by 9:00 am
Old 08-08-2014, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FMW
The track is closed tomorrow. Beach party with RC cars and water pistols.

J/K Someone is usually there by 9:00 am
Hey! Don't scare me like that, I plan to be there tomorrow for the first time in years!

We shouldn't park in the parking lot right? Only out on Orion Drive?
Old 08-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks to the TTLs for keeping the Saturday Program going. My son had a great time. Thank you for being patient with the new guys; can't graduate him too quickly to GT3.

He was so fired up that he wants to go racing tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks to the TTLs for keeping the Saturday Program going. My son had a great time. Thank you for being patient with the new guys; can't graduate him too quickly to GT3.

He was so fired up that he wants to go racing tomorrow.
Agree, track prep has been grand as of late. Excellent job guys.

Also, awsome to see some new blood at the track Mark (and a father providing direction/support to a future champ). Pat yourself on the back Dad.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:42 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Hello TCS racers,

The Tamiya track facility has become very busy leading up to the 20th Anniversary Finals. With that said beginning Saturday August 16, 2014 we will be running controlled practice starting at 10:00 am.

This will be the same schedule used for Thursday and Friday practice the week of the event.

Controlled practice schedule below and attached with exact Tee times:

GT-3 and GT-2

M-Chassis

F-1 & 1/12GT

GT-1

Spec GT & FF-03 (FWD)

Make sure to make your practice runs no more than 6 minutes to give people in line a chance to practice as well. There is no need to dump your battery by making 20 minute runs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Practice Schedule 2014.pdf (33.1 KB, 121 views)
Old 08-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Fred, how much will the onsite B3's and sauce be? Thx!

Thanks, but I found the info...
Just so u all know:
Tires $34.50 +tax
Sauce provided at tech inspection table.
Can I take some sauce "to go"?

Last edited by RC Passion; 08-12-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:35 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC Passion
Fred, how much will the onsite B3's and sauce be? Thx!
I haven't made it official as a email will go out tomorrow to all the pre-registered racers, but......the onsite B3 tires will sell for $35 (tax included) and the tire sauce is supplied FREE from Tamiya America. There will be a saucing station so it's not like you can take the sauce home LOL
Old 08-12-2014, 07:52 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

For those who frequently come to the Tamiya America racing facility I would like to make the following observation a notice to all:

In recent weeks I have seen people who shall be nameless appear with brands of cars who won't be nameless...Awesomematix and X-Ray. They have chosen to run them on the Tamiya owned and operated racing facility. The facility is the sole property of Tamiya America, Inc. and last I looked Awesomematix nor X-Ray have any ownership or pay Tamiya for the use of their cars on Tamiya property. The Tamiya America Raceway is open every Saturday for our Tamiya customers who own Tamiya cars to run on the track and have a good time. The track is there for Tamiya America's racing promotions. There are those rare events where other brands of cars are allowed on the track. Those events include the prestigious Reedy Race of Champions and other events such as the Speed Tech Grand Club race. Unless these events are taking place other brands of cars are not allowed. PERIOD. If you own an Awesomatix or X-Ray car product please feel free to visit their facilities. I'm sure they would love to see you enjoy their track facility.

FM
Old 08-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FMW
...Awesomematix and X-Ray. They have chosen to run them on the Tamiya owned and operated racing facility.
That is pretty gutsy.

I cant confuse the sound difference of an Evo6 with another brand.

My 'other' cars were in my pit bag > getting repacked into my pit bag when the rain hit.

They NEVER were on the track or on your pit tables. They might have broken sovereign lines of the Blue/Red Stars but with no intent other than to stay in the bag.

Btw - I donated for use of the track for the 417/Evo6 and the sons TT01. All legal. They would have passed tech.

The actual offenders on the other hand - pretty gutsy for running them.

Gossip mongering drama pre-TCS.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That is pretty gutsy.

I cant confuse the sound difference of an Evo6 with another brand.

My 'other' cars were in my pit bag > getting repacked into my pit bag when the rain hit.

They NEVER were on the track or on your pit tables. They might have broken sovereign lines of the Blue/Red Stars but with no intent other than to stay in the bag.

Btw - I donated for use of the track for the 417/Evo6 and the sons TT01. All legal. They would have passed tech.

The actual offenders on the other hand - pretty gutsy for running them.

Gossip mongering drama pre-TCS.
I sat across from Mark for the last two saturdays. the only cars i saw were tamiyas.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by torg
Thanks! Mylaps were kind enough to provide the protocol information, Rc Scoring Pro uses serial, we use Ethernet. So we happily co-exist

Thanks for all your input, it's giving me lots of ideas. I'll have to talk to Fred first, but maybe we can do something with a hotspot for the nationals.
Also take a look at http://5280raceway.com/practice/

You can ping Syndrome here on RCTech - he was one of the key guys that built some trick scoring boards and post-race publishing extensions to the race software.

Is there a need to restart the app after every 'session'? Assuming that someone has completed run 1 and app has captured those laps. Will they need to restart app or just start a new session for run 2 with those results appending into the recorded data from previous runs?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.