Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree822Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great choice Fred on the official tire sauce - SXT3.0. I've previously only used it inside on carpet - not quite sure why I never thought of it for outdoor asphalt. Tried it out this past weekend on used 2012 Finals tires and the combo seemed to work well when track temps were in 110-120 range.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
That was TyreePhillips who made and sold the red sauce... And it was AWESOME
Thanks for refreshing my memory Orlando. I bought 4 bottles of the stuff at the time, but haven't been doing much outdoor racing until this summer to rediscover it. Three small drops on a tire is all you need, and thus a small bottle lasts a long time. It is awesome stuff - Nathan & I have been using up our old supply this summer with weekly outdoor racing - anybody got some to sell?

It has been suggested to me that it might be Marvel Mystery Oil based, I even went out and bought some MMO to try and recreate the secret formula, but alas without success.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricP
Hey guys!

Don’t forget to finish, or dig out that concourse body you have buried away in a box somewhere, and bring it out to the TCS Finals to compete in our Best of Show/Concourse competition at the start of the weekend. We’ll be awarding a winner in the F1, Mini, 1/12th and GT (all sedans from all classes). See rules here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=525

We’re doing things a little differently this year compared to all previous years; it will no longer be the dubbed “Fred’s Choice Awards” as I’m taking on a more objective approach and judging by means of criteria and a points system. There will be 3 or 4 judges critiquing your cars.

In addition to the 4 prize winners, we will be doing a “Racer’s Choice” Grand Prize that will be awarded during the closing presentation. Throughout the weekend, each racer will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite of the 4, and a grand prize will be awarded to the “Best of the Best of Show”.

Otherwise, we're looking forward to a great weekend of racing!
Hi Eric,

Sounds like a cool new format. So the Renown Mazda787B paint scheme I was going to do this year is no longer an automatic winner ?

Joking aside, is there any rule about not using a body that has won concourse in a previous national (or even a previous regional) or is that just an honor thing and it is okay to use the same body over and over and just keep adding a few new details ?

Panda
Old 07-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FMW
1. I'm not sure where the confusion lies here: d. NOTE: Despite the ROAR approved list, Sport Packs (round case batteries) used in the M-Chassis class such as the M03 and M05 are not required to meet ROAR approval. All TCS legal LIPOS must have a Molded Plastic, Hard Case! Soft case packs are not legal for the TCS series.

Yes, you may continue to use "sport" packs for the M-chassis class. They do not have to be ROAR approved, but they must be hard cased.

2. Shame on any manufacture that put on ROAR labels before they are actually approved! My suggestion is for everyone to do their due diligence in getting true approved batteries. We will do our best to be on top of what is legal to help anyone with any concerns.
Checked the ROAR list and the new 7000mah 100C shorty packs I just ordered are listed and good to go !

Panda
Old 07-31-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Hi Eric,

Sounds like a cool new format. So the Renown Mazda787B paint scheme I was going to do this year is no longer an automatic winner ?

Joking aside, is there any rule about not using a body that has won concourse in a previous national (or even a previous regional) or is that just an honor thing and it is okay to use the same body over and over and just keep adding a few new details ?

Panda
Absolutely not, sir! Fred obviously would be partial to that scheme, and me well... I would just like SOMEONE to give you some competition

There is not a stated rule, but as you mentioned, I would think it "less honorable" bringing a previously winning body out, especially a TCS Finals winning body. I'm not terribly concerned about Regional wins.

Not that we all can remember previous bodies (without pics), if I do remember one, you know i'll just give you a hard time
Old 07-31-2014, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

anyone running the Ta05V2 in GT2 or GT3 and have a decent setup for carpet? with the IFS?
Old 07-31-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EricP
Absolutely not, sir! Fred obviously would be partial to that scheme, and me well... I would just like SOMEONE to give you some competition

There is not a stated rule, but as you mentioned, I would think it "less honorable" bringing a previously winning body out, especially a TCS Finals winning body. I'm not terribly concerned about Regional wins.

Not that we all can remember previous bodies (without pics), if I do remember one, you know i'll just give you a hard time
Thank you for the they reply Eric. It was hard getting the stitching lines correctly lined up on an F1 body anyways. As for competition, there's this guy out East that I hear does a pretty decent job with painting and decal sets on F1 cars.

Panda
Old 08-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

This a video of all the mains of the July 27th race.http://youtu.be/MRsSb0p1I_g
Old 08-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Was curious when results/pics from the Galaxy Hobby regional will be up on the TCS site???

As well as Jackson TCS.... haven't seen any pics yet....
Old 08-06-2014, 04:10 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys!

As many of you are aware Tamiya America's website was overhauled a year or so ago. One thing that was not overhauled was the "search" function. Quite simply the search function on our website was not very good. We have implemented new logics, so if you're in search of parts or whatever on our website make sure to give it a try.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by FMW
Hi guys!

As many of you are aware Tamiya America's website was overhauled a year or so ago. One thing that was not overhauled was the "search" function. Quite simply the search function on our website was not very good. We have implemented new logics, so if you're in search of parts or whatever on our website make sure to give it a try.
Product SearchSearch Tip > No matches were found for BD7
Old 08-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Product SearchSearch Tip > No matches were found for BD7
Although I have not experienced it - you can purchase new caster blocks that will imitate BD7 caster blocks in terms of durability.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:50 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW! Seriously
Old 08-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
WOW! Seriously
"The WOW! Seriously Award" should go to the Team that built the RC Scoring Pro Our Laps Application.

A brilliant idea. The OurLaps guys should be commended.

They should also look at what 5280 Raceway in CO has done - http://5280raceway.com/practice/ - auto publish times to the site from the scoring system.

This was something that RC4 promised as a service but never really delivered.

###

Fred - on other notes do the caster blocks come in a 6-pack part number?
Old 08-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by FMW
WOW! Seriously
Hey, you said to test it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.