Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrowniesHobbies
Hey you guys out there posting about the 50c rating controversy, How many of you were planning on coming to the Jackson Race on July 27th? I would like to hear from only racers that are coming. You can post here or pm me if you like.

I would have to assume that if you're an M-chassis racers you already have batteries that you were running in your old car. Right? So that means no additional battery purchase. So the way I see it by restricting the battery I'm saving you money! I don't know if the V2 car by it self is an advantage or not, I'm only trying to make things as fair as I can in my own way.

Let me hear from the guys who are planning to attend.

Thank you.
FWIW - those with the ambition to pursue pre-ordering the new car prior to its release to the public probably planned on obtaining new batteries to compliment that purchase. The revised battery slot in the chassis was one of the big changes to the platform that made it so appealing. If anything, I'd assume racers that have the new car DID buy new batteries. Thus far, those that have the V2 have suggested as such...

The proposed changes to the rules for this race won't change the fact that I plan to attend and race that weekend. I sincerely hope other racers that planned to attend still plan on doing so.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

John, I plan on attending the Jackson TCS with a m05v2

Last edited by Markus; 07-11-2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: nothing useful in previous post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So, no FF class for finals?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Rookie

What I meant by not knowing about the advantage was, we havent seen these v2 cars go against the older m chassis models. Thus we do not know how much of an advantage they may or may not have. Meaning there could be a difference of a second a lap between the newer and older versions. These unknowns make adding a car to a class such as this risky. While it could also go the other way, odds are Tamiya isnt putting out a newer version of a car because its slower or less efficient. racing for quite a few years, time and time we see these types of rule change decisions during a season. One thing I can guarantee is it certainly doesnt draw more racers than it does discourage them.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey John, I'm planning on attending the Jackson race with my boys who will run Novice. For me, I will have an m03 and m05v2 but can't see running the v2 without any time shack it down. I raced an m05 for 2 years and could never get it to where the m03 is today. It will be interesting to see if the v02 was worth it. I'm just disappointed Tamiya banned the m03 as they would have been perfect hand me downs for my boys. Lets hope the TT-01 novice class never goes brushless. Looking forward to the largest TCS race of the series! Hopefully one year I can make it out to CA.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Boy, I'll tell you...take a week away from the forum and all sorts of crazy breaks out.

I'll be at the NJ race and will bring my MO3 and old-man style battery (note singular usage). It's been good enough for the three TCS races I've attended this year, we'll see how it stacks up against Markus and Jamie...

Won't be able to attend the Nats this year, as Mrs. Doc and I will be celebrating our 40th year of nuptial bliss. However, I must admit that I find the prospect of racing at the national level with a motor I've never seen, on tires I'm unable to practice with, using sauce of an undefined nature, to be particularly amusing.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:21 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
So, no FF class for finals?
If I can get enough guys to commit I'd be glad to have FF as part of the 20th Annual TCS Finals

Let me know and it will be fun. It can be run as a 2nd or 3rd class.

FM
Old 07-11-2014, 10:24 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rccardr
Boy, I'll tell you...take a week away from the forum and all sorts of crazy breaks out.

I'll be at the NJ race and will bring my MO3 and old-man style battery (note singular usage). It's been good enough for the three TCS races I've attended this year, we'll see how it stacks up against Markus and Jamie...

Won't be able to attend the Nats this year, as Mrs. Doc and I will be celebrating our 40th year of nuptial bliss. However, I must admit that I find the prospect of racing at the national level with a motor I've never seen, on tires I'm unable to practice with, using sauce of an undefined nature, to be particularly amusing.
Congrats Doc on 40 years.

We are running this years Finals pretty close to how the World's are run. We'd like to think it gives the guys that win a better understanding at what to expect at the Worlds minus the tire sauce. That's not allowed in the World event.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:27 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Speaking M-03....Let's not talk about banning it. It's too soon and it probably won't happen as long as we can support it with parts.

Keep Calm and Chive On.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FMW
If I can get enough guys to commit I'd be glad to have FF as part of the 20th Annual TCS Finals

Let me know and it will be fun. It can be run as a 2nd or 3rd class.

FM
Myself and Chris Daniels were looking forward to it - sign us up!

Panda? Tom? Anybody else?
Old 07-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Anybody else notice qualifying is your 5 best hot laps in a qualifying heat?

UF1 style!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Another new set of mini tires in practice.. Another AirGapFlat. This time on the front. Last weeks was a rear.

Only 20• on timing of R1-Wurks.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccardr
However, I must admit that I find the prospect of racing at the national level with a motor I've never seen, on tires I'm unable to practice with, using sauce of an undefined nature, to be particularly amusing.
In 2012, I attended IIC for the first time. In fact, it was the first time I had ever ran a sedan on carpet. In fact, it was the first time I had ever ran Jaco blues and used the handout sauce. In fact, it was the first time I had ever seen the TWO handout motors, or even driven the two brand new chassis. I survived it fine, although it was obvious some of the guys in the A and B had prepared more than I had.

I was privileged to pit across from Dave Berger. The week was so insanely fun I can't hardly describe it. Totally looking forward to doing it again this year, and looking forward to the TCS Finals under the same circumstances.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Tcs

Originally Posted by robk
Anybody else notice qualifying is your 5 best hot laps in a qualifying heat?

UF1 style!
I saw that too also no qual points
Old 07-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Speaking M-03....Let's not talk about banning it. It's too soon and it probably won't happen as long as we can support it with parts.

Keep Calm and Chive On.
Music to my ears! Support it with parts? The kits are cheap enough and who's ever broken an M03 part.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.