Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrowniesHobbies
ATTENTION!!!

All M-chassis racers. If you we're lucky enough to get the new M05 Ver 2 you WILL be able to run it at our July 27th race but will be restricted to a maximum of 50c batteries. I spoke with Fred at Tamiya and to keep the field even he agreed with this restriction.
good call John, limiting battery rating...

however, what I don't understand is why Tamiya didn't limit the battery type to round for the remainder of 2014. This would have eliminated the need for racers to fell as if they switched to the M05v2 in 2014, they didn't have to purchase new battery packs.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to racing my m03 for the remainder of 2014. Very said to see Tamiya ban a great race chassis. And for the record I will have an M05v2 ready to roll even if the M03 wasn't banned. Like many of us on this forum, we love a new build. I wish Tamiya would reconsider it decision on the M03... its just so easy to work on! So much for passing it down to the kids
Old 07-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

going to be interesting to see the drivers running an m05v2 with a shortly pack make minimum weight? 1300 grams is a lot. I have to add 60grams to my M05 and 80grams for the M03.... this using a killshot... I've switched to Reedy and R1 just because they are heavier. If / when Tamiya releases a spec motor, I hope its a brick to add in heat disbursement.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

So this is a brushless only mini event, right? Just wanna be clear. My old beach motor seems faster than my 21.5. Hopefully The motor I bought from Sodano is better.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GoFast1
This QUITE a significant change. Your allowing a car that you cant measure the difference in competitiveness. Thats what makes it absurd. And how is adding a battery restriction of 50c leveling the playing field when in my m03 or m05 i cant get higher than a 40c round pack. For a series so tight on its rulebook, its a bit hyprocritical to make this type of sudden change two weeks before the biggest race of the TCS series. And jackson IS the biggest race easily doubling the turnout of the Championships in Cali.
Let's just agree to disagree as to whether this was a minor adjustment or a major revamping of the rules.

However, I do like to understand where people are coming from when we have a disagreement cause your viewpoint may have more validity than mine. So for my benefit could you explain what you meant in the second sentence of your post. I read it several times and can't figure it out.

My round packs are 4200 45C packs. 50C seemed okay, but 65C and up seemed to give someone with a V2 quite an edge in the battery dept.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Finals

Here is the finals manual

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...2014%20NAF.pdf
Old 07-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

LOL, what a mess.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? mo3 banned ?????????

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
good call John, limiting battery rating...

however, what I don't understand is why Tamiya didn't limit the battery type to round for the remainder of 2014. This would have eliminated the need for racers to fell as if they switched to the M05v2 in 2014, they didn't have to purchase new battery packs.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to racing my m03 for the remainder of 2014. Very said to see Tamiya ban a great race chassis. And for the record I will have an M05v2 ready to roll even if the M03 wasn't banned. Like many of us on this forum, we love a new build. I wish Tamiya would reconsider it decision on the M03... its just so easy to work on! So much for passing it down to the kids

hey guys, did I miss a chapter here. Is there any validity thst the mo3 will be banned for sure next year ??? Please Fred or somebody let me know. I do not see the need to ban a car that still works well and shares 50% of the parts the other m-chassis have.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

For anyone desperate to buy and M05v2 it looks like they may be in stock here.

http://www.tamiya-shop.ca/shop/advan...keywords=58593
Old 07-11-2014, 07:38 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
For anyone desperate to buy and M05v2 it looks like they may be in stock here.

http://www.tamiya-shop.ca/shop/advan...keywords=58593
Advantage Hobby has it.

http://www.advantagehobby.com/253697/TAM58593/?pcat=243
Old 07-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markpoleon
It looks like it would be closer to the Tamiya 18T Brushless motor Item#54181 (2270 kv)
Thanks Markpoleon.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default M05 V2

Hey you guys out there posting about the 50c rating controversy, How many of you were planning on coming to the Jackson Race on July 27th? I would like to hear from only racers that are coming. You can post here or pm me if you like.

I would have to assume that if you're an M-chassis racers you already have batteries that you were running in your old car. Right? So that means no additional battery purchase. So the way I see it by restricting the battery I'm saving you money! I don't know if the V2 car by it self is an advantage or not, I'm only trying to make things as fair as I can in my own way.

Let me hear from the guys who are planning to attend.

Thank you.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hey you guys out there posting about the 50c rating controversy, How many of you were planning on coming to the Jackson Race on July 27th? I would like to hear from only racers that are coming. You can post here or pm me if you like.

I would have to assume that if you're an M-chassis racers you already have batteries that you were running in your old car. Right? So that means no additional battery purchase. So the way I see it by restricting the battery I'm saving you money! I don't know if the V2 car by it self is an advantage or not, I'm only trying to make things as fair as I can in my own way.

Thank you.
I am coming and know quite a few others from Maryland are also coming. In regards to old mini batteries, those would indeed work for people who have not sold off their older cars and batteries once the new car was obtained.
I will play by the rules, and am more than happy to. Is your last posting the official statement for the TCS race in Jackson? If you say it is set in stone, I will make the proper purchase of a battery.

Thank you
Old 07-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Me and my brother are both going to race at Jackson. I think it is bull about allowing a car that was not legal at the start of the series. If I knew it was legal I would have bought 2 of them a month ago, but I wanted to play by the rules and run a legal car. I have been racing for 25 plus years and one of the many things I learned is don't change the rules mid stream. This is why we have less and less racers. If it were not for the fact I want to race with my brother I would be happy not to race in the series.

PS if that many people have the new car let them race in there own class.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:02 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 2014 TCS Finals Drivers Manual is now live on the TCS web page. The Drivers Manual covers all the details regarding the schedule, times and structure of the event. Please read it over carefully and feel free to ask questions on this forum so we may answer as much as possible before the event.

Since it is the 20th anniversary we have a few special things planned.

1. We are looking to get some really unique trophies for the winners.
2. If you register for the event before the deadline you will receive a special 20th Anniversary Pit Mat.
3. We have a new cool podium!
4. Event pit passes are back!
5. Special sales tent.
6. Hot trophy girl!

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=554
Old 07-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Thank you.
Round peg -> Square hole means most have already dumped their old M03/M05 round packs for a square one. Additionally, when the initial build shots were posted, it was a highlight that the car could accommodate a square pack, shorty packs would fit (and be legal) and the car would be able to compete this year.

So, the realistic thing here is that the out-of-the-blue 50c restriction is costing most v2 racers more money rather than saving. Common budget/club-level packs start at 65C+.

Last edited by Jethroz; 07-11-2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: elaborated

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.