Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anybody going to be doing live web timing and scoring of the event?

Some of us will be there in spirit.....
Old 08-23-2005, 08:58 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey everybody.

No. I don't need to win. But I do need to wreck havoc as Mr. Lewis stole my thunder at this years KO. As long as Rod doesn't take me out I will be fine.

Martin. I've only run the car for two packs worth. I'm really impressed how well it works with a 23 T motor.

All normal option touring car parts are legal. Dampers, spacers, TI stuff. Like I said before I want everyone to have fun with it as the TA-05 will be the past chump car for some time to come.

I know the spec Tamiya tire thing is kind of a bummer as most other races use RP's, Sorex or Take Off's. I'll be looking at the GT tire rules for 2006 after this season. Frankly, I'm a bit tired of scrambling for tires for our events when I can easily call up Adrain at Schumacher. Catch my drift We'll see. I'll take a poll with the host sites and racers after the Nats

I set up the track layout this late afternoon I think most of you guys will appreciate it.

There will be some live coverage. I'll post who that is tomorrow. I'll also post the track layout on our site in the morning too.
Good luck to all. I have some cool prizes and cool things to announce for next year. It's going to be a blast.
Last thing. Izzy was asking about the dry ice dealio. After much thought I will be banning those systems as the danger of them falling out and causing a unforseen accident could ruin someones' day. Sorry Izzy
Old 08-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Hey everybody.

No. I don't need to win. But I do need to wreck havoc as Mr. Lewis stole my thunder at this years KO. As long as Rod doesn't take me out I will be fine.

Martin. I've only run the car for two packs worth. I'm really impressed how well it works with a 23 T motor.

All normal option touring car parts are legal. Dampers, spacers, TI stuff. Like I said before I want everyone to have fun with it as the TA-05 will be the past chump car for some time to come.

I know the spec Tamiya tire thing is kind of a bummer as most other races use RP's, Sorex or Take Off's. I'll be looking at the GT tire rules for 2006 after this season. Frankly, I'm a bit tired of scrambling for tires for our events when I can easily call up Adrain at Schumacher. Catch my drift We'll see. I'll take a poll with the host sites and racers after the Nats

I set up the track layout this late afternoon I think most of you guys will appreciate it.

There will be some live coverage. I'll post who that is tomorrow. I'll also post the track layout on our site in the morning too.
Good luck to all. I have some cool prizes and cool things to announce for next year. It's going to be a blast.
Last thing. Izzy was asking about the dry ice dealio. After much thought I will be banning those systems as the danger of them falling out and causing a unforseen accident could ruin someones' day. Sorry Izzy

Fred

whats the best way to ask about "legality" when it comes to our cars? Post here? email you? some people might not be able to see you until Saturday. Thanks.

- Chris
Old 08-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Fred,

It's cool, get it, COOL! LOL, duh!
it was'nt much of an improvement though, so to anyone who wants to use this technology in other events in the future, forget about it, take it from me it does not work."
Old 08-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Well Guys. It's really wierd being that it's the week of the TCS Nationals and I'm not in Aliso Veijo. This is probably for the first time in 8 years that I'm not in California. I miss it alot . But I hope to see some of you in Las Vegas this september and I hope it's really a good show! Again I really... REALLY miss being here. Good Luck!

-Lee
Old 08-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah I guess it does feel a little weird not being there, but I did miss the year before last due to a wedding that I had to go to, so its not that weird. Again to those that are out there, good luck and safe travel from your respective locations. Just to stir the pot since I am not there to do it in person, could this be Docs year for a mini title? and will the Hickman juggernaut come ot of hibernation for the F1 crown? Will Marty tune himself out of contention and Will Katzer finally go to Japan? To find out tune in on Sunday same bat time, same bat channel. Fred, good luck in the grudge match haven't talked to you in a while, but it seems like the event is running like a well oiled machine.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Ok I am going after the TCS Nats No-Prize.

My Picks....
GT1 - Orlando Sherman (he has an "Incredible" avatar)
GT2 - Kevin Michellich (probably has the TA05TRF)
Mini - Doc Mertes (remembers my birthday)
F1 - Steve Hickman (he likes Jeff Gordon in F1)

Izzy, George and Corey are probably the ones but hey, trying to step outside the box.

Past Chumps...
Well since 1st is Martin Crisp.
My pick for 2nd will be Ding-a-Linger

Jeff
Old 08-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Oh...there's a race this weekend?

*peels plastic wrap off TA05*

Step1, build diffs...nuts! Can we just run what ya brung ala 415MSDJ?

Good luck to everyone participating and I look forward to seeing everybody have a good time.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to let everyone know that Tamiya came through and delivered one last shipment to us today before the TCS National. Most of the spare and hop-up parts are back in stock and we even got about 10 sets of B3 tires and some F201 tires in stock as well. So for those of you coming by tonight, we should be well stocked for you guys

So who fast out there today?

Steve Wang
Old 08-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
So who fast out there today?

Steve Wang
the usual suspects JC, JA, KM and GK.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I want to know what you're smoking Chris. Lucky to make the B....
Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ah, but then you're such a lucky boy.... ..as am I:
Wally and I did the Tut thing today and we're going out to dinner at Montage tonight to celebrate our 31st anniversary.
See you tomorrow morning!
Doc
Old 08-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
I want to know what you're smoking Chris. Lucky to make the B....
HE's ALIVVVVEEE!!!!! Really glad to see you compete GK...
Old 08-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Any disintigrations?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Any disintigrations?
the back chicane is BRUTAL. its feast or famine there

it'll be fun to see past chumps running 8 mins though. that'll be an awesome race to watch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.