Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-17-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Will the Audi TT be legal for FWD?

It has been listed on the site in years past, even in 2013, but not on the 2014 rules.
IMO the TT looked odd out there with the rest of the FWD bodies on the list. My guess is the Suzuki SX4 replaces the TT for those who like the short wheel base while keeping a certain look across the board.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
I went to see Kevin Niino in the hospital today. He had an accidental fall which caused a compression or a displacement in the discs in his neck. This has resulted in some weakness and numbness in one of his hands. It looks like he'll have some surgery for the problem this Monday. It's unclear as to when he'll be back, but it probably won't be too long before he's back racing Minis again.

Looks like Kevin will be the Peyton Manning of the Mini racers.
Sorry to hear about this. Hoping the best for Kevin.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default Porsche gt3 body

Originally Posted by djfourmoney
I know TCS rules require a Tamiya rear wing for those cars that didn't come with one.

These wings don't look right and aren't scale.

My solution is to use a FIA GT3 body like the Benz SLS or Audi R8 LMS, but my question is would a Subaru 2008 WRC body with its factory aero aerodynamic package be legal?

I am trying to run this to a strict budget, using one body for all activities would be ideal.
Does this mean my Porsche body that doesn't have a wing needs one added?

Bummer dude
You only have to add a wing if the body has the dimples for a wing according to TCS rules

Last edited by Rcjunk-yard; 12-17-2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Adding text
Old 12-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djfourmoney
I know TCS rules require a Tamiya rear wing for those cars that didn't come with one.

These wings don't look right and aren't scale.

My solution is to use a FIA GT3 body like the Benz SLS or Audi R8 LMS, but my question is would a Subaru 2008 WRC body with its factory aero aerodynamic package be legal?

I am trying to run this to a strict budget, using one body for all activities would be ideal.
Originally Posted by Rcjunk-yard
Does this mean my Porsche body that doesn't have a wing needs one added?

Bummer dude
You only have to add a wing if the body has the dimples for a wing according to TCS rules

All car bodies must use the wings that are supplied in the kit. Mixing and matching ABS plastic wings, between different body styles, is not allowed. Part number 53470 (Lightweight Wing) and 53604 (Racing Wing Set) or any future OPTIONAL wing set is legal for any sedan/sports car body as long as the body is pre-marked with dimples for the option wing mount. See specific class rules for restrictions.

This was pulled straight from the TCS rules. The way I interpret it is this. If your body did not come with a wing, you do not have to add one. However, if your body did not come with a wing but has the pre-marked dimples for a wing, you can add one of the optional wings. Hope this helps.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wyvern95
All car bodies must use the wings that are supplied in the kit. Mixing and matching ABS plastic wings, between different body styles, is not allowed. Part number 53470 (Lightweight Wing) and 53604 (Racing Wing Set) or any future OPTIONAL wing set is legal for any sedan/sports car body as long as the body is pre-marked with dimples for the option wing mount. See specific class rules for restrictions.

This was pulled straight from the TCS rules. The way I interpret it is this. If your body did not come with a wing, you do not have to add one. However, if your body did not come with a wing but has the pre-marked dimples for a wing, you can add one of the optional wings. Hope this helps.
Absolutely, but I got a TT01 that was prebuilt and didn't come with a body.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

The wing rule is in regards to bodies. If you buy a Tamiya body that doesn't come with a wing, you don't have to add one. It doesn't matter what chassis you put it on.

When you buy a body, it comes as a "kit" which includes an unpainted body, stickers (which you don't necessarily have to use), and a parts tree which contains things like mirrors (which most people don't use) and usually, a wing. Bodies are interchangeable between most chassis, provided the wheelbases match.

Again, this is how I interpret the wing rule. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Fred?

Last edited by Wyvern95; 12-17-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 12-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

WINGS..

If you use a wing, you must use the wing that is included with the BodyKit. The only exceptions to that rule applies to only those bodies that have optional 'wing dimples' molded into them.. When using those bodies you have the option to use the optional Tamiya lexan wings if you so choose.

I dont recall any rule that states that you must run a wing.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Mandy and went to see Kevin today, and found him in ICU recovering from successful neck surgery that fixed a very squished disk. Spirits high and looking good, he was already rehabbing his cat-like transmitter skills with still slightly numb fingers. Unlike our heroic Max, who ran to the track with leaky tubes still hanging out of his shirt, Kev may listen to the Docs and take it easy for a week or two. This is very good Christmas news!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Will the Audi TT be legal for FWD?

It has been listed on the site in years past, even in 2013, but not on the 2014 rules.
Glad it's gone. should not have been in the class anyway.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default TCS F1 and more

Some images I've been taking the past two years as homage to on road / F-1 and TCS - enjoy!

Slide show:
http://s721.photobucket.com/user/Hel...rcos%20Wanless

PS Are you in the photo?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Mandy and went to see Kevin today, and found him in ICU recovering from successful neck surgery that fixed a very squished disk. Spirits high and looking good, he was already rehabbing his cat-like transmitter skills with still slightly numb fingers. Unlike our heroic Max, who ran to the track with leaky tubes still hanging out of his shirt, Kev may listen to the Docs and take it easy for a week or two. This is very good Christmas news!
Thanks for the update Craig. Glad to hear all went well for Kevin and he will have ninja stealth reflexes equal to Grandpa's again.

Panda
Old 12-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Thanks for the update Craig. Glad to hear all went well for Kevin and he will have ninja stealth reflexes equal to Grandpa's again.

Panda
Kevin get well soon, wishing you love and a happy recovery!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blewer
IMO the TT looked odd out there with the rest of the FWD bodies on the list. My guess is the Suzuki SX4 replaces the TT for those who like the short wheel base while keeping a certain look across the board.
Originally Posted by C5R01
Glad it's gone. should not have been in the class anyway.
Its a shame.

All the bodies except 4 are 257mm wheelbase.
The Volvo 850 and Honda Accord 96 are 258mm.
The Suzuki SX4 is 251mm.
The Renault Clio is 245mm.

Under current rules only long WB bodies, 1 Med and 1 short to choose from. If the Audi was kept, there would be 2 short. I don't buy the look of the class argument. You basically have two different types of cars, boxy 90s sedans VS modern VW Golf/CR-Z bubble cars. The ABT Audi is a mix of the two.

BTW ABT Audi is 247mm.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Can't find it in the rules, are the minis allowed to put bearings instead of bushings??
Old 12-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes you can swap to bearings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.