Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks FMW and SpeedTech for easing the pain. This will be my 1st missed nats, not a happy decision but one that had to be done. I hope that everything goes well. I am already going through withdrawls and cringe at the 6 month wait for the next TCS race....

The bright side is I have saved trip money to spend on Tamiya Toys...

Jeff
Old 08-22-2005, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Gonna miss you, Jeff.
See you in Milwaukee in February!
Later
Doc
Old 08-22-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey everyone,
I too am missing the NAF this year, however I'm not completely bummed although it does feel funny not thrashin to get to the coast. I think it's pretty cool that Fred is gonna give the racers a break on tires, once again reenforcing Tamiyas commitment to the hobby. Anyways just wanted to wish everyone luck out there this week and weekend and hopefully I will be back next year, maybe racing a new F1 car ,F202? F104? Fred? comment?!!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Hi guys,

We will have plenty of B3 tires for the Nationals weekend. We have also shipped to local hobby stores who had back orders including Speed Tech R/C. I will do something about the retail price of the tires for the weekend to give everyone a break who doesn't get to buy them at their local hobby shop. They retail for $37.00 buckeroos, but I will cut that down come race weekend to ease the pain.

Hey Martin! I got my TA-05 finally built today. It drives so much better than the 04. Maybe we'll have something for you this year. I engraved your medal in advance. LOL
Sweet, thanks for looking out after the racers, that's very cool! I was hurting at the qualifier back in June, because they limited the sale to 1 set of tires per racer. I ended up using that set for my qualifying and the main also. (Can you say darriffftttoooo) Anyway, thanx for taking care of the situation and I will see you all this weekend!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Thanks for the reassurance FMW. We'll do what we can to ease the pain as well

I hope the past champ really mix it up this year so it doesn't become a Dr. Martin driving tutorial again good luck guys!

Steve Wang
Oh yeah, the race is this weekend huh? I'm on page 6 of the build. Car's in the garage somewhere. Have to find it after moving over the weekend. I'm setting myself up for the B main at this rate- even if there isn't enough people for a B
Old 08-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Oh yeah, the race is this weekend huh? I'm on page 6 of the build. Car's in the garage somewhere. Have to find it after moving over the weekend. I'm setting myself up for the B main at this rate- even if there isn't enough people for a B
Don't worry Mike. I haven't touched a transmitter since the Reedy Race. I've got one more night to paint a body, install electronics, build shocks etc, before I drive off wednesday night. It will be 8 guys in the A main, and Mike and I in the B.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by linger
Don't worry Mike. I haven't touched a transmitter since the Reedy Race. I've got one more night to paint a body, install electronics, build shocks etc, before I drive off wednesday night. It will be 8 guys in the A main, and Mike and I in the B.

So is anyone else using the TRF dampers? If we are allowed to use them then that would save me some time having to build up the plastic kit ones
Old 08-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mike, Ling... I'll see you guys in the B too(I hope there's still room... ) Heck, if there's past chumps concourse, I'll just join that instead... odds are better than finishing in the top 3...
Old 08-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys It's Lee Passehl from Milwaukee WI.

Sorry to inform you guys that I will not be at the Tamiya North American Finals This year me and my dad are going to be particpating in the 2005 International Indoor Championship in Las Vegas Nevada this year I know it stinks but it won't be forever. Good Luck to everyone this year in Cali and and I hope to see someone from the United States win this year in Japan whether they be from California or Alaska (Not you Mike Lack! ) I will be rooting for them.

Your's truly

-Lee Passehl
Old 08-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR

So is anyone else using the TRF dampers? If we are allowed to use them then that would save me some time having to build up the plastic kit ones
MikeR,

I think on the website they just revised the rules for the past champ in regards to what hop-ups are allowed on the TA05. Basically I think the rules has opened up to all hop-ups that are in stock currently at Tamiya warehouse. Shocks shouldn't be a problem.

Steve Wang
Old 08-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

except one ways...
Old 08-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eeyan
except one ways...
oops, yes, that's correct, except one-ways

Steve Wang
Old 08-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
MikeR,

I think on the website they just revised the rules for the past champ in regards to what hop-ups are allowed on the TA05. Basically I think the rules has opened up to all hop-ups that are in stock currently at Tamiya warehouse. Shocks shouldn't be a problem.

Steve Wang

Ooh- I see now, thanks!

Hey, Steve Williams is signed up If you're out there HOLA!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default time to fly

Hey,

Well Fred, glad to see you have finally built your car. Have you had a chance to drive it on the track? By the way, what is the final list of Past Chumps this year? I had a chance to drive one pack with TA05 on pavement on Sunday....very smooth. Given the slow speed of these 23 turns, I expect our race to be very close. My guess is that all of the past chumps will qualify within 3 seconds of each other....it will be a battle of tenths! I can't wait to get some practice on the track to see what this TA05 can do.

The Canadians fly out tomorrow (wed) and we are all looking forward to one of the best races on the planet (Fred - u da man).
Old 08-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Sir Martin Crisp,

Pls make sure Fred wins or he's not "DA MAN!" jas kidding...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.