Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A-Ko

I will stick with my picks...

F1 I don't have a crazy dice to roll....
George C is due for a win but there are a lot of fast guys in that list.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Unhappy Tires......

Looks like another round of "Lets chase down some B3's". I loved running the regional, but I wish the tire spec rule could be changed. Maybe Tamiya could at least drop the price down to street pricing if we have to buy them at there track.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default first run with the ta05

Well...I finally ran the TA05 tonight...

Unfortunately it was on carpet and not asphalt but at least I got to run it.

Boy this drivetrain is smooth. The car seems smooth and I liked it better without swaybars...but too early to tell.

The car weighted about 1550grams.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jw92656
Looks like another round of "Lets chase down some B3's". I loved running the regional, but I wish the tire spec rule could be changed. Maybe Tamiya could at least drop the price down to street pricing if we have to buy them at there track.
If I were Tamiya I would probably give only the registered racers a discount for Thursday - Friday like 20%. In all reality you are only looking at a day and a half, usually they close the shop Friday at noon to setup stock for the weekend.

I know the feeling about missing something, none of the shops have it then you are stuck with full list price. They cut the series down to two practice days to save money, what can they do to further help racers to save money? ? ?

Fred, David, Gary, Toto.....?
Old 08-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by B3x
Would you or someone else could tell me please what to do to a silver can, to make it ready for racing. I have never used one before.
With Irigashi, Mabuchi, Johnson there is only so much you can do to it. One thing for sure is to break it in submerged in water for a long time at low voltage. The dry it completely and relube with light oil. I know I have seen some crazy stuff tried at TCS but this is a sound proven method. I have seen some people set their motor breakin to run for 9999 seconds and let it run in a hotel bathtub while they went out all night and partied

Originally Posted by tomdav
Does the spec motor for F1 use laydown brushes. Does anyone know the part #. I know the website says laydown but.........
They usually don't tell the exact motor until the week of the race but the rules state the following:

TCS Nationals Motor Rules

GT-1 and F-1
The Tamiya 23 Turn Type RR Stock motor will be used.
These motors must be purchased at the event.
A maximum of two motors may be purchased on site for racing and practice.
The Tamiya Type RR motor uses lay-down brushes.
Motors may be taken apart for comm truing.
The stock bushings must be kept in place. NO BEARINGS!
No funny business is allowed on the motors. I.E. Taking off winds or shorting out one of the stacks.
Motors will be marked with special dyes to curb "funny business".
Motors must be turned in on Saturday night into Tech.

FYI, laydown brushes are the same ones you would use for normal stock motors like the Trinity and Epic motors.

We've never had motor impound in the past in anything but the sealed motor classes and I'm not wild about it. I would rather spend my evenings productively than having to do all my motor work at the track.

The Super Stock RR 23 turn is the motor we ran in F201 two years ago at TCS Nats and it was... uhh... well a 23 turn.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi all,

I posted Ling's 2004 TCS Worlds report at http://tinyurl.com/ctzkr

It's a good read if you haven't checked it out yet.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tamiya USA is trying to get another shipment of spare parts and tires (including about 20 sets of B3s) to us before next wednesday for our special TCS hours until 10PM thursday night. Hopefully they pull through, but for sure the tires are in at the Tamiya USA warehouse

Steve Wang
Old 08-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Staying open till 10pm is truely supporting the hobby. Awesome job Steve :-) But this is the only rule that I keep running into supply issues with, not to mention these tires well.....there not Sorex, Take Off, or RP's so they hit the trash can when I'm done with them. I hope you get them Steve, cuz I am probably going to need 3 sets. If I have to buy them at Tamiya for full price I will be a little more than upset, and I know two racers who just won't show due to what they had to pay during the last regional.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Staying open till 10pm is truely supporting the hobby. Awesome job Steve :-) But this is the only rule that I keep running into supply issues with, not to mention these tires well.....there not Sorex, Take Off, or RP's so they hit the trash can when I'm done with them. I hope you get them Steve, cuz I am probably going to need 3 sets. If I have to buy them at Tamiya for full price I will be a little more than upset, and I know two racers who just won't show due to what they had to pay during the last regional.
Having traveled to quite a few out of state races, I understand that there will always be something you need, or something you forget. So I'm opening late to allow guys to come in to get what they need last minute, or also something they happen to break during Thursday practice. There has also been quite a few guys requesting later hours because they want to come in and check it out

On the tires, although I understand the spirit of the rule for TCS is to have all Tamiya products on the car, however, tire should be an area where maybe we can have some flexibility of other tires (that grips better and have longer life) I know exactly what you mean about going through tires, because racing GT-1 last year, I think I went through 6 sets of Bs by the time the race weekend ended spec Take off CS27 or RP-30 would be very nice

Steve Wang
Old 08-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks Steve, for staying open late on Thurs, gives us out of towners a chance to see your new store.

What time Thurs does the shuttle leave from Tamiya to Speedtech ?
Fred
Old 08-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gibbous
Hi all,

I posted Ling's 2004 TCS Worlds report at http://tinyurl.com/ctzkr

It's a good read if you haven't checked it out yet.
GREAT READ Ling! and again Congrats!

Boomer
Old 08-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Thanks Steve, for staying open late on Thurs, gives us out of towners a chance to see your new store.

What time Thurs does the shuttle leave from Tamiya to Speedtech ?
Fred
Hi Fred, no problem. It'll be great seeing everyone again. Word of advise on those that are coming from Tamiya, leave after dinner, the traffic will should be much better by then. If you leave after 7 or 7:30PM, you'll get here in about half an hour or so with probably just light traffic. If you leave earlier, you'll probably just end up sitting in the traffic for a long time.

The address for our new store is:

Speed Tech R/C
717 Brea Canyon Rd. #12
Walnut, 91789
(Inside the Shea business center) Look for the Shea business center sign because you won't be able to see 717 from the street.

Lastly, if you guys need something but can't make it to the store, we can still ship parts on Thursday (before 4PM) straight to the hotel that you're staying at. If we ship Thursday, you'll have it Friday

Steve Wang
Old 08-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Linger,

Thanks for the props in the article. I never get tired of reading your great report

Steve Wang

Last edited by SpeedTech; 08-20-2005 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:15 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default B3 tires

Hi guys,

We will have plenty of B3 tires for the Nationals weekend. We have also shipped to local hobby stores who had back orders including Speed Tech R/C. I will do something about the retail price of the tires for the weekend to give everyone a break who doesn't get to buy them at their local hobby shop. They retail for $37.00 buckeroos, but I will cut that down come race weekend to ease the pain.

Hey Martin! I got my TA-05 finally built today. It drives so much better than the 04. Maybe we'll have something for you this year. I engraved your medal in advance. LOL
Old 08-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FMW
Hi guys,

We will have plenty of B3 tires for the Nationals weekend. We have also shipped to local hobby stores who had back orders including Speed Tech R/C. I will do something about the retail price of the tires for the weekend to give everyone a break who doesn't get to buy them at their local hobby shop. They retail for $37.00 buckeroos, but I will cut that down come race weekend to ease the pain.

Hey Martin! I got my TA-05 finally built today. It drives so much better than the 04. Maybe we'll have something for you this year. I engraved your medal in advance. LOL
Thanks for the reassurance FMW. We'll do what we can to ease the pain as well

I hope the past champ really mix it up this year so it doesn't become a Dr. Martin driving tutorial again good luck guys!

Steve Wang

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.