Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree830Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-31-2013, 10:10 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It was so much fun seeing Carlton have a blast at the event. Carlton. You must come again next year. David B. will tend to your farm since he gave away the Moto GP results
Old 08-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Almost a week has passed and Iím still a little overwhelmed. I feel obligated to post a bunch of thank yous.

Thank you Daniel Souza for putting up with me all weekend, for driving us down, and for the set of tires I ran in the mains. I would of never gotten involved with the TCS if it hadnít been for you, and would of never been successful if it hadnít been for your advice. Words fail to convey how truly grateful I am for the help.

Thank you to Justin Morgan (GT2 A main finalist, and store manager at Tamiya dealer Hobbytown Fresno). Both my TB-03s were purchased over the counter there, as were almost all the parts. Because of the heat, they race on Saturday nights, and I canít go, but the track is still good to go the next day (itís open everyday to the public). I tested three Sunday afternoons there in late July when the air temp was 100+, and that proved invaluable on the newly seal coated TCS track with similar temps.

Thank you Chris Daniels for being good natured about the hassle you took from, well, everybody.

Thank you to Chris W for selling the body made of ďunobtaniumĒ.

Thank you Jimmy Wright for the email intel a couple weeks before the race. Itís nice to finally meet you in person!

Thank you Dave Berger for not spoiling the MotoGP results. It was a nice present when I got home at midnight.

I concur, and thank you Peter Chuu for the advice on Friday afternoon that took my car up the next level, and for being honest after your A1. With your input, I made two small changes over the weekend that made my already good racecar a whole lot better.

Thank you Fred Medel for running an awesome program. Because my familyís farm has to come first, I canít club race locally much, so when I do get a chance to race, itís always a pleasure to attend an event thatís so well ran.

Thank you Charlie Suangka for announcing an awesome race, and making me feel like I was eight years old and on the playground at Meadow Lane Elementary for about two minutes during the awards. Next time the Red Bull/Gray Goose is on me (but isnít it always?), but next time text me Fredís address ahead of time so we can make arrangements to go full ďProject XĒ on him.

Thank you to the whole TRF squad for volunteering and putting on the best ran race I ever saw.

Thank you Rustolium for the bitchin paint. However, it works better if you spray a light coat of Tamiya PS-5 first.

I can count on three fingers how many sedan races Iíve won total over the past 15 years, and having never turned a wheel at Tamiya ever before Friday, I was honestly surprised how good the car was.

See yíall next year!

-Carlton
Carlton - glad to see you and Daniel down for both the TQ Regional in May and then the Nats. Congrats on your GT-3 win at Nats. So next year, F1 or 1/12th scale ? Which one is it going to be ? Don't worry, for next year's TQ race, I can help you with either one but for outdoor, my 1/12 program is hurting.

Panda
Old 09-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Carlton - glad to see you and Daniel down for both the TQ Regional in May and then the Nats. Congrats on your GT-3 win at Nats. So next year, F1 or 1/12th scale ? Which one is it going to be ? Don't worry, for next year's TQ race, I can help you with either one but for outdoor, my 1/12 program is hurting.

Panda
Thank you too Kevin!

I knew I forgot a couple. Oh, and thanks to Turd Ferguson Racing - for the absolutely bomb LMR Electra wing I've been trying to get my greasy little hands on for like two years

Last edited by CraigMBA; 09-01-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Hi Guys! Here are my videos of the GT-1 first and second A main. I hope you like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkwf...ature=youtu.be

A main 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12I0EXSl7IA

A main 2
Old 09-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

I know it's still early but when can we expect the new list of approved esc and motors?
Old 09-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Fred Medal said he will probably open it up to all ROAR approved motors and ESC's but nothing official as of now. Also not officially speaking for mini there could be a spec brushless motor in the works?
Old 09-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Fred Medal said he will probably open it up to all ROAR approved motors and ESC's but nothing official as of now. Also not officially speaking for mini there could be a spec brushless motor in the works?
Just my 2$
Old 09-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TA05V2 Lipo Chassis

Hey, Fred. what are the chances that Tamiya would make a lipo version of their tub chassis? Having a chassis that will allow the batteries to sit flat and all the way down on the chassis would be awesome. its such a great car. that would be a great option part. You'd probably sell 1,000 of them in a week
Old 09-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2013 TC nationals GT2 B Main Video

Here is a video of the 2013 TCS Nationals GT2 B Main.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEXvK...m-upload_owner
Old 09-15-2013, 09:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
...for mini there could be a spec brushless motor in the works?
This would be very interesting. Can't wait to see if it floats!
Old 09-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

2013 TCS National Videos:

Mini A Main #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaUE9...Rqu-gbm1U_XxWw

Mini A Main #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLnTB...Rqu-gbm1U_XxWw

Mini A Main #3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF9ZD...Rqu-gbm1U_XxWw

All taken with Pivothead glasses, so the action follows the #3 qualifier, but you also get some good looks at the Top 2 contenders as well.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:58 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Hello TCS Racers.

From time to time I will be posting new product upcoming releases on this forum. I will post new and upcoming items that I believe the TCS racer will be most interested in.

Without any further delay I would like to show two new parts for the M-chassis.
1. 54530 RC Body Mount Crossmember M-Chassis Carbon

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...ssmember-54530

2. 54529 RC M05 Setting Sus Arm Set

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...ssmember-54529
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-54530.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-54529.jpg  
Old 09-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
This would be very interesting. Can't wait to see if it floats!
too late. a lot of us radical east coasters are already gone. mini pro was perfect. I guess some of the guys out west are starting to die off from old age

for the record - i'm gone and don't care - just eating the popcorn
Old 09-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
This is a really bad move! If you know someone who knows someone, then you can get a special KillShot motor from a Trinity tuner and a special software version for the Orca ESC.

Blinky racing is slowly destroying electric on-road.

Solution:
1. Keep existing list of motors. Limit 1 motor per weekend. A-Main gets a second motor.
2. GT2- 17.5 - Open ESC, GT1 - 13.5 Open ESC
Old 09-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Li-po tub chassis?

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Hey, Fred. what are the chances that Tamiya would make a lipo version of their tub chassis? Having a chassis that will allow the batteries to sit flat and all the way down on the chassis would be awesome. its such a great car. that would be a great option part. You'd probably sell 1,000 of them in a week
You must be psychic, I hear the new TB04 has a flat battery compartment! Too me it's only a matter of time before the TA-05 chassis gets an upgrade! Hopefully soon!
Just my 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 09-25-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.