Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Did Max have additional issues this weekend?
I sure hope not
Old 08-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I sure hope not
I thought your 'scary news' comment was a new development..
Old 08-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MDawson
I thought your 'scary news' comment was a new development..
Sorry, didn't mean to frighten anyone, just lookin out.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by torg
I took some photos on Saturday afternoon. http://imgur.com/a/Pp2Qu#8
Thanks for the Grand pictures torg

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 08-26-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Congrats to all the winners!

My first TCS Nats and I had a blast!

Charlie- your announcing is great! You are funny man.

Sandwich guy- thank you for bringing the food and drinks.

Thank you to Fred and staff.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tamiya USA run an excellent program and it was as exciting as any ROAR national. I was a happy racer that weekend or at least most of it lol.

I want to congratulate all the winners as well. They truly all deserved their trips to Japan. "VICTORY REWARDS PREPARATION" comes to mind. Every winner prepared so long for the big show and it finally paid off! I lost to my longtime friend Solomon and he showed me he still got it! I hope i made it interesting. I'll try to make it back next year and actually put in a little practice next time.

...now let me go put the car back in the box until next August.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
...They truly all deserved their trips to Japan. "VICTORY REWARDS PREPARATION" comes to mind. Every winner prepared so long for the big show and it finally paid off! ....
I was not prepared for 8min on the Spec Tire issued and it obviously showed.. The Mains were literally the firt time ever I had put more then 5min run on them and what-da-ya-know, slip city just around the 6min mark... oh well Lesson Learned..

Thanks to Christian Lopez for giving me a last minute tip just before the 3rd A-final.

Last edited by OSherman; 08-27-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Those 12th scale GTs look sweet. Nice paint jobs guys.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OSherman
I was not prepared for 8min on the Spec Tire issued and it obviously showed.. The Mains were literally the firt time ever I had put more then 5min run on them and what-da-ya-know, slip city just around the 6min mark... oh well Lesson Learned..

Thanks to Christian Lopez for giving me a last minute tip just before the 3rd A-final.
Orlando were they scuffs or just outta the package?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

You did good then for your first time on those tires especially in the first main. I never used any B3 premounts either until the week before the race. I struggled a lot on Sunday with the different grip level. That's what I get for my first ever race with the TA-05. I guess it only gets better from here on out.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gcooper
Orlando were they scuffs or just outta the package?
freshies in the A1... all the remaining were scuffs.. best 'feeling' run was A3 thanks to a slight setup alteration.. A2 felt the worse. again, slight setup change, but i went the wrong way, oops!!

these slight changes were solely to get the grip to last throughout the 8min..
Old 08-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

freshies in the A1... all the remaining were scuffs.. best 'feeling' run was A3 thanks to a slight setup alteration.. A2 felt the worse. again, slight setup change, but i went the wrong way, oops!!

I was curious. A race I had not too long ago with similar pre-mounts, 1/2 the track car was nearly perfect, the other part of the track it was pushing. Kinda a weird thing to tune for. I wish I had a triple to try and fix it.

coop
Old 08-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You did good then for your first time on those tires especially in the first main. I never used any B3 premounts either until the week before the race. I struggled a lot on Sunday with the different grip level. That's what I get for my first ever race with the TA-05. I guess it only gets better from here on out.

top two qualifiers saying their set up isnt good.

thats funny right there.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Less rear toe-in I'm assuming! No?
Old 08-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Almost a week has passed and I’m still a little overwhelmed. I feel obligated to post a bunch of thank yous.

Thank you Daniel Souza for putting up with me all weekend, for driving us down, and for the set of tires I ran in the mains. I would of never gotten involved with the TCS if it hadn’t been for you, and would of never been successful if it hadn’t been for your advice. Words fail to convey how truly grateful I am for the help.

Thank you to Justin Morgan (GT2 A main finalist, and store manager at Tamiya dealer Hobbytown Fresno). Both my TB-03s were purchased over the counter there, as were almost all the parts. Because of the heat, they race on Saturday nights, and I can’t go, but the track is still good to go the next day (it’s open everyday to the public). I tested three Sunday afternoons there in late July when the air temp was 100+, and that proved invaluable on the newly seal coated TCS track with similar temps.

Thank you Chris Daniels for being good natured about the hassle you took from, well, everybody.

Thank you to Chris W for selling the body made of “unobtanium”.

Thank you Jimmy Wright for the email intel a couple weeks before the race. It’s nice to finally meet you in person!

Thank you Dave Berger for not spoiling the MotoGP results. It was a nice present when I got home at midnight.

"VICTORY REWARDS PREPARATION" comes to mind.
I concur, and thank you Peter Chuu for the advice on Friday afternoon that took my car up the next level, and for being honest after your A1. With your input, I made two small changes over the weekend that made my already good racecar a whole lot better.

Thank you Fred Medel for running an awesome program. Because my family’s farm has to come first, I can’t club race locally much, so when I do get a chance to race, it’s always a pleasure to attend an event that’s so well ran.

Thank you Charlie Suangka for announcing an awesome race, and making me feel like I was eight years old and on the playground at Meadow Lane Elementary for about two minutes during the awards. Next time the Red Bull/Gray Goose is on me (but isn’t it always?), but next time text me Fred’s address ahead of time so we can make arrangements to go full “Project X” on him.

Thank you to the whole TRF squad for volunteering and putting on the best ran race I ever saw.

Thank you Rustolium for the bitchin paint. However, it works better if you spray a light coat of Tamiya PS-5 first.

I can count on three fingers how many sedan races I’ve won total over the past 15 years, and having never turned a wheel at Tamiya ever before Friday, I was honestly surprised how good the car was.

See y’all next year!

-Carlton

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.