Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Thanks everyone for coming out this year. This marks the end of the 19th year of the TCS Finals. 2014 is our 20th year celebration. I will be posting updated information very soon on what to expect for TCS 2014.

I will be posting all the heat qualifiers and races tomorrow morning so every lap, every finish can be viewed. I will be posting this on the TamiyaUSA website as the files are too big to post here.

I will be going through all the images I took and I will be posting them on our TCS site tomorrow.

Thank you to Speed Tech RC for being the on-site hobby shop, Charlie Suangka for an excellent announcing job and to the TRF (Tamiya Racing Factory) members who helped the the Tamiya staff run a smooth and efficient TECH area. It's with this help and support that makes running the event possible.

Thanks again everyone. We appreciate your continued support and congrats to all the winners this year
limiting the tires to 3 sets for GT2 (and GT1) was a great idea.

Maybe implement Reedy Invite style racing next year for GT1 if there's less than 10 entries
Old 08-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Up n coming Tamiya champ with full daddy support! Congrats to all the winners.
Whats up Izzy..how did you do on sunday? I was battling a fever and can't come back on sunday

Danny
Old 08-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fx35rc
Whats up Izzy..how did you do on sunday? I was battling a fever and can't come back on sunday

Danny
Danny, I was in a very bad car accident on thw way home Sat afternoon. multiple cars banged me around literally and I have a few bruises but otherwise okay. A lot of my RC stuff also broke due to the multiple impact. My car is in a very bad shape. I was better off staying home and get better. I felt bad not able to continue since the TA06 had a chance to stay in top 10. But there are more important things in life. See you at the track and regards to OP!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Danny, I was in a very bad car accident on thw way home Sat afternoon. multiple cars banged me around literally and I have a few bruises but otherwise okay. A lot of my RC stuff also broke due to the multiple impact. My car is in a very bad shape. I was better off staying home and get better. I felt bad not able to continue since the TA06 had a chance to stay in top 10. But there are more important things in life. See you at the track and regards to OP!
Ooh no, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you're okay Bro. Get better soon and see you at the next race
Old 08-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default TCS

No, wonder I didn't see you on Sunday Izzy.
Hopefully you fell better, so after GT2 race you have another race on the Fwy, just kidding man. I guess we are so tired after racing and most of us has to drove far from Tamiya track.
Get better Izzy, I will see you next time again at the track.

Chris
Old 08-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CW22
No, wonder I didn't see you on Sunday Izzy.
Hopefully you fell better, so after GT2 race you have another race on the Fwy, just kidding man. I guess we are so tired after racing and most of us has to drove far from Tamiya track.
Get better Izzy, I will see you next time again at the track.

Chris
I always take my racing at the track only and not on the streets as should everyone else. I actually felt giddy going home and excited for the next day. I was basically pit maneuvered on the left rear and I spun across the freeway lanes from slow to fast colliding with other vehicles. Anyway, Thanks for caring. Props to Joel, Lee and Bensie for the win.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:51 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone!

Thanks for coming out to the TCS Finals again. I have uploaded all the result files on our TCS results webpage. http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/race.php?tcs_race-id=148

I'm glad you're OK Izzy!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

I always take my racing at the track only and not on the streets as should everyone else. I actually felt giddy going home and excited for the next day. I was basically pit maneuvered on the left rear and I spun across the freeway lanes from slow to fast colliding with other vehicles. Anyway, Thanks for caring. Props to Joel, Lee and Bensie for the win.
Izzy

I heard from kevin about your accident on sunday and i was glad to see you text him that you were o.k. Sorry that you missed out but you did the right thing by staying home and recovering. Take care of yourself and please let us know how your doing.

Alex
Old 08-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MDawson
Congratulations to the winners!

The qualifying and mains were packed with drama.

Yet again -the series and finals proved to be the best show in town. Fred & Crew continuously deliver a flawless event.

Charlie - whether on LIVERC or LIVE, your banter and race calling is memorable. Glad these guys convinced you to run it.

Troy, Dan, JC - rocked it in 1/12. We'll get the program on rails for next year.

Benzi - could not have happened to a nicer guy. The true OG racer.

O - the class of 2014!

My son could not have had a better time. Although he didnt get the 'bigger trophy' he sat in the back seat and kept talking about the trophy he got, the kit he won, the raffle body and the hat he was given by Oliver Clipper. And how he wanted to practice and prepare for next year. He said it was the best and only race he ever wanted to go to.

Thanks Tamiya - he is a big fan of the red & blue. Soaked in apple cider and drinking from his trophy this was his perfect weekend.
Congrats Mark...You now get experience the ups & downs of being a racing Dad. I'm sure when it's all said and done you'll look back on these days and it will be bring you a great amount of joy. Enjot the many years to come...
Old 08-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

another fine event in the books... good racing in all classes..

Thanks Tamiya.
Thanks Racing Friends.
Thanks Winners for teaching me something new. Thats how we get faster.

See yous in 2014... or sooner..

SpeedTech, when is the next race? I have a mini to bledgen..
Old 08-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Can we just start the 2014 season now?

Congrats to the winners! Can't wait 'till next season!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

FMW,

Kudos to tire limiting for GT1 and GT2. Making them a handout, was pure gravey!

I glanced over the rules and noticed that you would possibly implement teardowns on BL motors. Did this come into play for weekends past?

Will carpet still implement open A tires or be going to the spec type?

Have you given thought to some of the well attended tracks in giving them a bonus 1 day race in the fall to maybe test new rules for the next year. Was thinking Saturday, just to set them apart from the regular races and give travelers travel time.

All the Best,

Coop
Old 08-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Any chance of an FF class again in 2014??
Old 08-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks Tamiya!
That was one intense weekend of racing and I had a blast!
Winners deserved their wins. Good job.

Izzy, sorry to hear the bad news but whew, huh? Glad you're ok

Max, how you holding up dude? Talk about scarey news.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Thanks Tamiya!
That was one intense weekend of racing and I had a blast!
Winners deserved their wins. Good job.

Izzy, sorry to hear the bad news but whew, huh? Glad you're ok

Max, how you holding up dude? Talk about scarey news.
Did Max have additional issues this weekend?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.