Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree830Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-23-2013, 04:09 PM
  #18271  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (136)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,723
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

This question may have been answered, is there a live broadcast of the races this weekend?
MD is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 07:25 PM
  #18272  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey everyone,

Gates open at 6:45am. Driver check in begins at 7:15am. Since we have to hand out tires we will begin controlled practice at 8:00am and run one complete controlled session. Same schedule as today.
GT3/spec
GT2
GT1
F1
Mini
1/12 GT

Race 1 round 1 will begin no later than 10:00am
Driver check in closes at 8:30
FMW is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 08:38 PM
  #18273  
Tech Regular
 
2CARTEAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.O.C. Cali
Posts: 368
Default

Originally Posted by FMW
Hey everyone,

Gates open at 6:45am. Driver check in begins at 7:15am. Since we have to hand out tires we will begin controlled practice at 8:00am and run one complete controlled session. Same schedule as today.
GT3/spec
GT2
GT1
F1
Mini
1/12 GT

Race 1 round 1 will begin no later than 10:00am
Driver check in closes at 8:30
Fred
Mini is after GT1. and before F1. this was todays order.
2CARTEAM is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 09:31 PM
  #18274  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2CARTEAM
Fred
Mini is after GT1. and before F1. this was todays order.
Yes. You're right. I had that backwards.
FMW is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 09:35 PM
  #18275  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

OK everyone out in TCS land.

I have successfully activated Live RC onto our RC Scoring Pro program. I have tested it and it works! I won't have video or audio. I still need to invest into the right mics and cameras. Anyway, you will be able to see live scoring and laps.

Just go to http://www.liverc.com/ and look for the Tamiya USA (Reedy Race and More) track.

We are being loaned a Verizon Mi-Fi Hot Spot and we should be golden
FMW is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:31 AM
  #18276  
AWK
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Good luck to everyone today! Maybe I will make it out next year....
AWK is offline  
Old 08-24-2013, 09:22 PM
  #18277  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Good luck to everyone this weekend! Mrs. Doc and I are in Alaska on a cruise celebrating our 39th anniversary, hence my absence at this year's Nats.
Go fast, have FUN!
Doc
rccardr is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 01:40 AM
  #18278  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tustin,CA,USA
Posts: 420
Default

I took some photos on Saturday afternoon. http://imgur.com/a/Pp2Qu#8
torg is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 08:01 PM
  #18279  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I can't say enough good things about my tcs nationals experience, it's amazing the quality of the event that costs nothing to enter as long as you have an eligible car. Great comfort with power, shade, tables, and porta potties. Outstanding announcer and competition directors. Top notch competition in all classes and some really good shows for the spectators.

Thank you Tamiya!
racer robert is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 08:16 PM
  #18280  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (110)
 
CW22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,115
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default TCS pictures

Originally Posted by torg
I took some photos on Saturday afternoon. http://imgur.com/a/Pp2Qu#8
Thank you to Torg, for such a detail and nice pictures quality for everyone.
CW22 is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 PM
  #18281  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks everyone for coming out this year. This marks the end of the 19th year of the TCS Finals. 2014 is our 20th year celebration. I will be posting updated information very soon on what to expect for TCS 2014.

I will be posting all the heat qualifiers and races tomorrow morning so every lap, every finish can be viewed. I will be posting this on the TamiyaUSA website as the files are too big to post here.

I will be going through all the images I took and I will be posting them on our TCS site tomorrow.

Thank you to Speed Tech RC for being the on-site hobby shop, Charlie Suangka for an excellent announcing job and to the TRF (Tamiya Racing Factory) members who helped the the Tamiya staff run a smooth and efficient TECH area. It's with this help and support that makes running the event possible.

Thanks again everyone. We appreciate your continued support and congrats to all the winners this year
FMW is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 09:44 PM
  #18282  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
vadersing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 949
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Body shell choice

Need some feedback on which body shell to get.

Which is more stable? Which offers more steering and aggression?
1) Honda HSV
2) Ferrari 458
3) Audi R8 LMS
vadersing is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 11:40 PM
  #18283  
CL
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (34)
 
CL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 843
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

It looks like there was a 3-way tide for GT2. How was the winner determine?
CL is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 08:42 AM
  #18284  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,259
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Congratulations to the winners!

The qualifying and mains were packed with drama.

Yet again -the series and finals proved to be the best show in town. Fred & Crew continuously deliver a flawless event.

Charlie - whether on LIVERC or LIVE, your banter and race calling is memorable. Glad these guys convinced you to run it.

Troy, Dan, JC - rocked it in 1/12. We'll get the program on rails for next year.

Benzi - could not have happened to a nicer guy. The true OG racer.

O - the class of 2014!

My son could not have had a better time. Although he didnt get the 'bigger trophy' he sat in the back seat and kept talking about the trophy he got, the kit he won, the raffle body and the hat he was given by Oliver Clipper. And how he wanted to practice and prepare for next year. He said it was the best and only race he ever wanted to go to.

Thanks Tamiya - he is a big fan of the red & blue. Soaked in apple cider and drinking from his trophy this was his perfect weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-screen-shot-2013-08-26-8.40.00-am.png  
MDawson is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 09:13 AM
  #18285  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
izzyracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,776
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MDawson
Congratulations to the winners!

The qualifying and mains were packed with drama.

Yet again -the series and finals proved to be the best show in town. Fred & Crew continuously deliver a flawless event.

Charlie - whether on LIVERC or LIVE, your banter and race calling is memorable. Glad these guys convinced you to run it.

Troy, Dan, JC - rocked it in 1/12. We'll get the program on rails for next year.

Benzi - could not have happened to a nicer guy. The true OG racer.

O - the class of 2014!

My son could not have had a better time. Although he didnt get the 'bigger trophy' he sat in the back seat and kept talking about the trophy he got, the kit he won, the raffle body and the hat he was given by Oliver Clipper. And how he wanted to practice and prepare for next year. He said it was the best and only race he ever wanted to go to.

Thanks Tamiya - he is a big fan of the red & blue. Soaked in apple cider and drinking from his trophy this was his perfect weekend.
Up n coming Tamiya champ with full daddy support! Congrats to all the winners.
izzyracer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.