Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Esc

Before the tcs website changed, the speed passion gt2 pro was on the list, after the site changed, it's no longer there. I bought it with hopes of running it in the tcs for gt2. Is it not allowed anymore?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nolo148
Before the tcs website changed, the speed passion gt2 pro was on the list, after the site changed, it's no longer there. I bought it with hopes of running it in the tcs for gt2. Is it not allowed anymore?
There have been some issues with content missing or resorting to information from last year. The GT2 Pro is legal and the missing ESC's have been re-added to the web site. Sorry about that.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Rule clarification question:

I have a TB-03 that has a rib that runs right under where the servo saver should go that is interfering with my servo. Can I sand that rib flat so the servo saver will clear (like the circled part on page 14 of the TA-05 IFS manual here: http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcm...ta05_ifs_r.pdf)

Or, do I need to figure something else out?

As I told the guys in tech last time, there is a big difference between the spirit and the letter of the rules and I don't want to be "that guy".

Thanks.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Rule clarification question:

I have a TB-03 that has a rib that runs right under where the servo saver should go that is interfering with my servo. Can I sand that rib flat so the servo saver will clear (like the circled part on page 14 of the TA-05 IFS manual here: http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcm...ta05_ifs_r.pdf)

Or, do I need to figure something else out?

As I told the guys in tech last time, there is a big difference between the spirit and the letter of the rules and I don't want to be "that guy".

Thanks.
What servo saver are you using and are you using the TB-03 servo mounts? On the TB-03, removing the rib should not be necessary. The servo mounting surface is level with the rib so it's not protruding into the area of the servo saver.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by David J.
What servo saver are you using and are you using the TB-03 servo mounts? On the TB-03, removing the rib should not be necessary. The servo mounting surface is level with the rib so it's not protruding into the area of the servo saver.
David,

Large case black high torque Kimbrough, and yes on the TB-03 servo mounts.

The medium case Kimbrough fits fine, the Tamiya servo saver clears fine, but I wanted a stiffer spring (plus I have like six of the Kimbrough pieces in my old parts box).

Mostly don't want to waste a chassis for no good reason if it's not going to be legal.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Is anyone eles having a problem with signing up to race on the tcs page. I just tried 3 times to sign up for the July 21st race in Jackson NJ and when I go to hit the submit button it just moves the page up a little?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
David,

Large case black high torque Kimbrough, and yes on the TB-03 servo mounts.

The medium case Kimbrough fits fine, the Tamiya servo saver clears fine, but I wanted a stiffer spring (plus I have like six of the Kimbrough pieces in my old parts box).

Mostly don't want to waste a chassis for no good reason if it's not going to be legal.
Ok, I suspected you were trying to use an over sized servo saver and that one is huge. Even if your removed the rib, it still may not fit unless you went further into the chassis. Either way, it's not legal to remove that rib.

There are only a couple exceptions to modifying the chassis. One, if the manual calls for it (like the TA-05 IFS). Two, for the ribs in the battery compartment of certain tub chassis cars (touring cars) to allow the fitment of square lipos (This is not allowed in M-Chassis).
Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TonyD.
Is anyone eles having a problem with signing up to race on the tcs page. I just tried 3 times to sign up for the July 21st race in Jackson NJ and when I go to hit the submit button it just moves the page up a little?
I just tested it and it works. Double check to make sure you're filling out all the information completely.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Past Chumps...

from Red RC

a little piece of trivia that came to light over the weekend is that the team behind back to back ETS Champion Ronald Volker holds a total of 5 world titles!! Team-manager Robert Itoh, Race Engineer Umino and Ronald himself are all former Tamiya Cup World Champions, the latter two having each won the title twice. On further discussion of the topic it turns out that the teams other star driver Naoto Matsukura has also won the Tamiya Cup as have Hayato Matsuzaki, Serpents Marc Fischer and Kyoshos Christopher Krapp. Interestingly the only driver that would go on to drive professionally for Tamiya, Marc Rheinard, was only ever a runner up in the event.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, I suspected you were trying to use an over sized servo saver and that one is huge. Even if your removed the rib, it still may not fit unless you went further into the chassis. Either way, it's not legal to remove that rib.

There are only a couple exceptions to modifying the chassis. One, if the manual calls for it (like the TA-05 IFS). Two, for the ribs in the battery compartment of certain tub chassis cars (touring cars) to allow the fitment of square lipos (This is not allowed in M-Chassis).
David,

That's why I asked first! Thank you for clarifying.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I drilled some holes in my M03 chassis to clean up some wiring issues, is this not legal for TCS?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
from Red RC

a little piece of trivia that came to light over the weekend is that the team behind back to back ETS Champion Ronald Volker holds a total of 5 world titles!! Team-manager Robert Itoh, Race Engineer Umino and Ronald himself are all former Tamiya Cup World Champions, the latter two having each won the title twice. On further discussion of the topic it turns out that the teams other star driver Naoto Matsukura has also won the Tamiya Cup as have Hayato Matsuzaki, Serpents Marc Fischer and Kyoshos Christopher Krapp. Interestingly the only driver that would go on to drive professionally for Tamiya, Marc Rheinard, was only ever a runner up in the event.
Nice find. Now we need to build a 6-degrees of Tamiya App.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

David,
As you know the TRF101 has been released, and by my estimate will be available in the US in the next couple weeks. Is there any direction as to whether this car will be legal for upcoming TCS regional and the national events? I plan on attending a TCS race in July and would like to run the car, assuming I get my hands on one by then.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default F1 rules

Is it legal to use the new TRF front end on one of the older t-bar cars such as an X1 or WGP? Can the older narrow front end be used on the TRF car?

Building the new front end as indicated in the manual produces a minimum ride height of 5.5mm with the tcs tires or 6.5 with the regular f104 tires. Will it be legal to remove the e-clip between the front axle and spring to lower the front end .3mm? And will it also be legal to shim the entire upper arm evenly to allow for a normal 4.5-5mm front ride height with the regular front tires?

Can the older plastic servo mounts that fit the 12th scale size servo be used in place of the newer aluminum trf ones coupled with a spacer equivalent to the height difference in order to fit the thinner servo?

Mark
Old 06-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AngryRog
I drilled some holes in my M03 chassis to clean up some wiring issues, is this not legal for TCS?
Sorry, it is not legal to drill holes in the chassis for any reason, unless it's specified to do so in the manual or hop-up manual.

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
David,
As you know the TRF101 has been released, and by my estimate will be available in the US in the next couple weeks. Is there any direction as to whether this car will be legal for upcoming TCS regional and the national events? I plan on attending a TCS race in July and would like to run the car, assuming I get my hands on one by then.
Because the TRF101 is so new and has an unknown differential in performance to the F104, its legality in the TCS series is on hold for the remaining 2013 regional events including the Finals and will be reviewed for 2014 season. We will have a better understanding of how the chassis performs in relation to the F104 line and can proceed appropriately.

Originally Posted by mtveten
Is it legal to use the new TRF front end on one of the older t-bar cars such as an X1 or WGP? Can the older narrow front end be used on the TRF car?
No, it is not legal to create a “hybrid” in TCS. A hybrid is creating something that does not exist in the form of a kit or specified option.

Building the new front end as indicated in the manual produces a minimum ride height of 5.5mm with the tcs tires or 6.5 with the regular f104 tires. Will it be legal to remove the e-clip between the front axle and spring to lower the front end .3mm? And will it also be legal to shim the entire upper arm evenly to allow for a normal 4.5-5mm front ride height with the regular front tires?
No, it is not legal. It must be a specified tuning option/adjustment in the manual or setting sheet.

Can the older plastic servo mounts that fit the 12th scale size servo be used in place of the newer aluminum trf ones coupled with a spacer equivalent to the height difference in order to fit the thinner servo?
The rear portion where the suspension mounts is a different height between the one found on the TRF101 and the F104 and at this time, the use of the F104 mounts is not specified as an option for the TRF101 so it would not be allowed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.