Old 05-18-2013, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

E Mergent RC - TCS weather per Aviation Weather Forecast

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KHSV&state=AL

Race is ON!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Great day of racing!!!

Weather was perfect. We have a very large group of people at the track and the racing was some of the best I've seen. The sportsmanship today was exactly what we talked about in the drivers meeting and the way we race at E Mergent RC. Oh, did I mention we had lots of fun!!!

Tomorrow proves to be even better with the official TCS. Registration starts at 7am and ends promptly at 8am. We will have a drivers meeting, followed by the group photo, followed by the concourse. The first tech table will occur at 8:40am. The first heat starts at 9am.

I want to thank everyone that came out today...drivers and spectators...we had a lot of people around the track and in the store.

So bring some sun block and a fan tomorrow because it will be in the mid 80s with humidity.

See you early tomorrow.

Tommy
Old 05-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Rookie

i have f1 ?....I have a f104 pro with stock t-plate just ordered a 1.8 3racing t-plate...does anyone know for sure if this is a softer t-plate than the stock tamiya ?
Old 05-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

E Mergent RC – TCS 2013 Complete

First I want to thank everyone that participated and supported the event. We had a really good crowd of people (40ish) and some really good racing. We met new friends and saw some old friends and that is always great.

I will get the results out this week, but the winners are:

Spec Tim Powell
Mini Mike Masters
GT1 Mike Masters
GT2 Chance Saari
GT3 Adam Shane Parker
F1 Bruce Hickman

I will also get out the list of TQs and Best in Show this week.

As we approached the weekend there was a threat of rain and thunderstorm. As it turned out we had perfect weather and great track conditions. Everyone did an excellent job keeping the tech table and the race on schedule. During the course of the race we worked with drivers in each class on minor issues such that they could race in the heat and/or main. In each situation a Race Director supervised the situation to make sure there were no rule violations. Missing transponders and a sudden failure of a battery are two examples.

We hope everyone had a great TCS race experience. I believe this is the first TCS in Alabama and it was the first TCS at E Mergent RC. We at E Mergent RC were honored to be selected by Tamiya to host this event and we want to thank David Jun and Tamiya for sponsoring this event. Great driver and raffle prizes were distributed at the end of the race. Please send Tamiya an email or post something on the forum to thank them for some great prizes.

We have a large number of pictures to assemble as well as aerial video. We will work on the production effort over the next couple of weeks.

As we move into the summer we will continue to race at E Mergent RC. I’ve had several requests for a Friday evening race and we plan to host the first evening race in June. Please keep an eye on the forum and our Facebook site for the schedule.

Again, thanks to everyone and we hope to see you soon.

Tommy Whitaker
E Mergent RC

Last edited by tmwhitaker; 05-19-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile 2013 TCS Regional Race #182 results

Thank you guys for coming and racing TCS regional at TQ.

We had better turnout than last year, 77 entries with 14 heats.

All the main had great battle, and it was so much fun to watch 10 car Mini Bmain.

A main videos will be up soon.

Big thanks to Tamiya USA for having great event at TQ.

Click here to see the race results.

Here are the TCS Regional winners.

SPEC
1st :HAYATO MAKIUCHI
2nd :AKITO MAKIUCHI
3rd :ATOM HASHIMOTO

GT1
1st : ROEL ESPINA
2nd : VICENTE RIVERA
3rd : DUY KHUONG
TQ : DUY KHUONG

GT2
1st :PETER CHHU
2nd UY KHUONG
3rd :SOLOMON FIGUES JR.
TQ : PETER CHHU
TQ : AKITO MAKIUCHI

GT3
1st AISUKE HASHIMOTO
2nd :CARLTON DUTY JR.
3rd :ERICK GAMBOA
TQ : DAISUKE HASHIMOTO

F1R
1st :KEVIN COLE
2nd :CHRIS CABRALES
3rd :BILL JERIC
TQ : KEVIN COLE

MINI
1st :MARK BROWN
2nd :BENSI LOPEZ
3rd :SEAN PARK
TQ : MARK BROWN

12GT
1st AVE BERGER
2nd :BENSI LOPEZ
3rd :TOM KAHL
TQ : DAVE BERGER
Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up TQRC TCS

Great action on the track this weekend

Super fun event for all involved

Thanks TCS Crew (DJ, Eric, KoQ's)
Johnny & Sean for putting on such an awesome deal for us
Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Id like to thank everyone for coming out to our regional events this past weekend. We had two in totally different areas of the country. One was in Huntsville Alabama at E Mergent RC. Its really good to have TCS back in the South. This was their first TCS event and they worked very hard to make it the success that is was this Sunday. TQ RC Raceway in Chino California was also taking place this past Sunday. This was their second year with TCS and they put on an excellent event as well. There were lots of close but clean racing and a lot of new up and coming drivers which is always good to see.

Coming up in two weeks, TCS returns to Maryland at Middle River Hobbies June 2nd. Entries are open! This is their first event with TCS so please show your support by racing your Tamiya cars for free!!! And winning cool free prizes!

Please thank and show your support for all of the TCS host tracks for doing such a great job and providing people with a place to practice and race. Without them, none of this would be possible.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David J.
Id like to thank everyone for coming out to our regional events this past weekend. We had two in totally different areas of the country. One was in Huntsville Alabama at E Mergent RC. Its really good to have TCS back in the South. This was their first TCS event and they worked very hard to make it the success that is was this Sunday. TQ RC Raceway in Chino California was also taking place this past Sunday. This was their second year with TCS and they put on an excellent event as well. There were lots of close but clean racing and a lot of new up and coming drivers which is always good to see.

Coming up in two weeks, TCS returns to Maryland at Middle River Hobbies June 2nd. Entries are open! This is their first event with TCS so please show your support by racing your Tamiya cars for free!!! And winning cool free prizes!

Please thank and show your support for all of the TCS host tracks for doing such a great job and providing people with a place to practice and race. Without them, none of this would be possible.
Great great event at TQ this past sunday. Thank you David Jun, Sean Park and the rest of Tamiya crew. TCS races are always top notch!! Racers are always friendly, I always have a blast racing at any TCS race, Never a bad day.

Danny R
Old 05-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hello,
anyone looking for some tires for TCS

I have part#1028 60D with the soft insert 2 sets and one set of part#1029 60D with firm insert 55$ each shipped . . .PM me if your interested . . .
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default TQ + TCS = FUN !

Thanks Sean for having such a great track and fun atmosphere at TQ for us to run your second TCS race at. Johnny kept things rolling and us entertained during the day on the mic. BTW, when is Duy up ?

Big thanks to David Jun, Brian and Eric from Tamiya for for coming out and supporting us Tamiya fanatics with these races.

Big, big thanks to Tom Kahl, aka: Tomas Schlick for helping me these last few week with the 12th scale and reminding me to stay in the middle of the track. Oh for not that traction roll on the first lap. Oh yeah, and to breath. Likewise to the mad Russians raised by classy wolves.

Racer Robert, was fun racing F1 with you. Cool you were out from Dallas for a friends wedding and could make the race and props to Dave Berger to loan you his F104 to run with us. Hope you get a future TCS race at your local track Mike's Hobbies in Dallas. Good excuse for a road trip for us.

Danny and Carlton, glad you guys made the trek down from Fresno and took some hardware back with you. See you at the Nats.

Panda

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 05-20-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2817

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2816

Sean has them in stock for $44, and charges only $4 to ship one set, $6 to ship two, and $0 to ship three or more.

Originally Posted by Chris08527
Hello,
anyone looking for some tires for TCS

I have part#1028 60D with the soft insert 2 sets and one set of part#1029 60D with firm insert 55$ each shipped . . .PM me if your interested . . .
Old 05-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks Kevin, we had an awesome time.

Wish I still lived local, TQ is always a blast.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Thank you tamiya for the race at tq. David and company are a classy bunch. I only race club races but now I will run tcs.

I didn't run gt3 on sat so I am not eligible for gt3 in August right?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

TCS vids are up.

GT12 video will be up tomorrow.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

man...those 12th scales at the TQ race look awesome

wish i'd know if there'd be a turn out for them outdoors

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.