Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-08-2013, 11:34 AM
  #17896  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Vyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Dawson, you went from this...


to this...in one weekend
Vyger is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:40 AM
  #17897  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (107)
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,731
Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)
Default

Mark's son ran the tt01.
lbckevin is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:53 AM
  #17898  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 141
Default

Ok drivers, complete results are posted: http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/race.php?tcs_race-id=140

I won't have photos until tomorrow so I will post those when I get them.
David J. is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:58 AM
  #17899  
Tech Master
 
T.MARSHALL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,133
Default

Thanks Tamiya America and crew! Although I didn't do as well as expected I still had a wonderful time. Special thanks to my friend Tom Kahl, great police work Saturday. Oh and Tom thank you for the New Ferrari F12 body too. One of the racers pointed out, because of your affords I was the 1st to run/debut a Step Nose Ferrari at TCS in the US. WooHoo!

Last edited by T.MARSHALL; 04-08-2013 at 02:55 PM.
T.MARSHALL is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 12:45 PM
  #17900  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
ziggy1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 145
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

thanks Tamiya and crew I had a blast
ziggy1013 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM
  #17901  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
...as they are on the eyes
Indeed!

Last edited by rtypec; 04-08-2013 at 02:00 PM.
rtypec is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
  #17902  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
TonyD.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Ok can someone please clear this up for me. I'm a noob to the TCS scene. Oh please don't paste a copy of the rules, i have been reading them on and off for weeks. Why do we have to buy and use premounted tires in the M-05/M-06class when the tires rims and foams that came with the kit are the samething just we have to glue them up?
TonyD. is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:30 PM
  #17903  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (35)
 
ralph m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jrz93
Even for carpet tracks like rc madness?
If you're going to RC Madness for the race on the 28th I would advise calling the track 860-741-6501 and talking to Chris Marcy regarding the racing surface. It could be run on asphalt.
ralph m is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 PM
  #17904  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
rcdave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 705
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ralph m
RC Madness race will run on carpet. As a result this will be an open tire class.
Originally Posted by ralph m
If you're going to RC Madness for the race on the 28th I would advise calling the track 860-741-6501 and talking to Chris Marcy regarding the racing surface. It could be run on asphalt.
Thought it had already been decided! If they are changing then someone should post up and clarify what surface we will run on.
rcdave1 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 PM
  #17905  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (35)
 
ralph m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcdave1
Thought it had already been decided!
Me too!
ralph m is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM
  #17906  
Tech Adept
 
Wyvern95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wherever my job takes me
Posts: 127
Default

Originally Posted by TonyD.
Ok can someone please clear this up for me. I'm a noob to the TCS scene. Oh please don't paste a copy of the rules, i have been reading them on and off for weeks. Why do we have to buy and use premounted tires in the M-05/M-06class when the tires rims and foams that came with the kit are the samething just we have to glue them up?
The premount tire rule is an effort to even things out for everyone. Before the premount rule, I saw mini tires that were ballooned out because people were stuffing two foam inserts into each tire to get more speed. Giving your tire a larger diameter is the same as putting a bigger gear in your car.

Don't know how far back in the thread you've read but, because of the limited availability of premounts at the start of this years season, people were allowed to build their own mini tires. However, the stipulation was made that they could not exceed a certain diameter.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope this helps.
Wyvern95 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 04:13 PM
  #17907  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,259
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vyger
Dawson, you went from this...


to this...in one weekend
You don't want to know what this kid has at his disposal if he sticks with the hobby!

He did prove that the TT01 is the most durable car in the hobby. There has to be a reason why they can run 24HR endurance races with the TT01.

Good to see you.
MDawson is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 04:18 PM
  #17908  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thankyou TAMIYA...

Another fun event in the books.... as usual..

Good to see new faces at the Tamiya events as well as new competition coming up in the ranks. Julian and Joshua in GT2 are two to keep an eye on.
OSherman is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 05:11 PM
  #17909  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
TonyD.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wyvern95
The premount tire rule is an effort to even things out for everyone. Before the premount rule, I saw mini tires that were ballooned out because people were stuffing two foam inserts into each tire to get more speed. Giving your tire a larger diameter is the same as putting a bigger gear in your car.

Don't know how far back in the thread you've read but, because of the limited availability of premounts at the start of this years season, people were allowed to build their own mini tires. However, the stipulation was made that they could not exceed a certain diameter.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope this helps.
Thank you that makes sence to me now.
TonyD. is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 05:17 PM
  #17910  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
rcdave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 705
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ralph m
Me too!
According to the rc madness thread the TCS race will be held indoor on carpet. I really hope they don't change this.
rcdave1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.