Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I run into a bit of problem here preparing for TCS this weekend.... I've been runing my hobbywing xtreme stock ecs for a while now without any problem with boost software with zero timing settings. However when I tried switching to dedicated blinky 508 software, all my brake went soft like butter..... I did some research and found other having the same issues with the same esc. Can it be an exception to run the hobbywing xtreme stock with mod software but with all the timing setting set to zero? I have been running them with 17.5 before and pretty sure no advantage is gained over other esc.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
I run into a bit of problem here preparing for TCS this weekend.... I've been runing my hobbywing xtreme stock ecs for a while now without any problem with boost software with zero timing settings. However when I tried switching to dedicated blinky 508 software, all my brake went soft like butter..... I did some research and found other having the same issues with the same esc. Can it be an exception to run the hobbywing xtreme stock with mod software but with all the timing setting set to zero? I have been running them with 17.5 before and pretty sure no advantage is gained over other esc.
Unfortunately we cannot make an exception on this. We have to be able to confirm zero timing and that is identified with a flashing red light on that ESC.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David J.
That was a cut and paste error on my part. You can use any Tamiya 24mm wheel (spoke or dish) with any insert (aftermarket or Tamiya). Sorry about that. However, performance wise (in my opinion), the 0 offset is best in most situations (better geometry) and gives you the most options (you can use hubs or hub spacers to get the same results).
Thanks for clearing that up Dave. I agree with you on performance, but i like the look better. if i can't be fast...i can at least look pretty
Old 04-05-2013, 08:39 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

On Saturday April 6 the Tamiya track will be open for customer practice as usual. Since it's a TCS weekend we expect a lot of racers. Therefore controlled practice by class will go into effect begging at 10:00 am.

Group 1: GT-1, GT-2
Group 2: GT-3, Spec
Group 3: Mini
Group 4: F-1, 1/12

There will be a board at the track with specific times.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

David or Fred -

Are you guys running the new RC4 decoder or older unit?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MDawson
David or Fred -

Are you guys running the new RC4 decoder or older unit?
This weekend we're using the old unit so the RC-4's (non-hybrid's) won't work. We plan to upgrade by the nationals. For those that may not know, when we upgrade to the new decoder, the clone transponders will not work.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Weather is looking great and it also looks to be a packed house this weekend as we have over 150 entries and over 110 drivers! As Fred mentioned, tomorrow will be controlled practice.

Also, please do not park on the paved section next to the track where the generator has been set-up. This area is reserved for additional pit space and is equipped with power. I would recommend bringing an extension cord, power strip, table, chairs and EZ-Up. The area closest to the gate is reserved for SpeedTech R/C

See you all Sunday!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

packed house this weekend as we have over 150 entries and over 110 drivers!
Wow! Can someone please take handheld video of the mains (instead of the stationary 'no life' stuff).
Old 04-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How much time will we have for each class during controlled practice? Also can we leve our tables and shades over night to reserve a spot?
Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Happy Fun Time

Thank you Tamiya America for hosting the TCS regional race this weekend. the track volunteers for taking care of the beautiful track, and most importantly the TCS racing family. It was great to see such a large turn out with old and new faces showing up.

Congrats to Josh Hill for making it into the GT2 a-main with a resounding qualifying and race effort. It was his first time racing in GT2 after bumping up from Spec and he put a hurting on us. Since it was such a cool thing to see him in the main with friends and family watching and cheering him on, he was the only one that I was petrified of touching for the start. Unfortunately, we went two wide into the kink and something happened causing him to spin. I asked if he overcorrected because your not supposed to when cars are leaning on each other, especially in the kink. Again, my apologies for putting ourselves into that position. In any event, welcome to the big league fast guy.

Also, more apologies are in order to Solomon/Joel...sorry for wearing out your rear bumper. I wish we could have made it a three way battle with Orlando but my harassment was slowing us down too much . Thanks for the fun run fellas.

The F1 guys drove clean and the camaraderie between the racers is super cool. I can't believe I held it together for that long driving that hard. You guys are way too fast.

What a great way to spend a Sunday.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Iíd like to thank EVERYONE for coming out and participating this Sunday. We had a huge turnout with 18 heats. The total entries were 143 with 106 drivers. Mini (the biggest class as usual) went to the E mains! We also had 12 Spec Novice drivers and most of them were totally new to racing. I think the average age was 12 in that class which is great. It was also a pleasant surprise to see drivers that have taken time away from racing make a return this Sunday. David Weir and Troy Crabtree I believe made the longest journey to participate this weekend. The past champions such as Rod, Dave and Troy donated their prizes to the raffle so thank you and great sportsmanship and class by those guys. Thereís just something about the TCS participants, that makes for a competitive yet fun and relaxed environment.

Also, big thanks my TCS Tech crew (Brian, George & Colleen) and a big thanks to Fred for announcing for me. It really made it easy for me to answer driverís questions and check on things.

Thank you again everyone, I should have the complete results up by late today or tomorrow and pictures shortly after.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks to the Tamiya Team and volunteers - my son had a great time at TCS and constantly reminds me why we do this. He's ready for his next race already and still wants to know why his car doesn't have as much blue stuff as everybody else!

Great work.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I’d like to thank EVERYONE for coming out and participating this Sunday. We had a huge turnout with 18 heats. The total entries were 143 with 106 drivers. Mini (the biggest class as usual) went to the E mains! We also had 12 Spec Novice drivers and most of them were totally new to racing. I think the average age was 12 in that class which is great. It was also a pleasant surprise to see drivers that have taken time away from racing make a return this Sunday. David Weir and Troy Crabtree I believe made the longest journey to participate this weekend. The past champions such as Rod, Dave and Troy donated their prizes to the raffle so thank you and great sportsmanship and class by those guys. There’s just something about the TCS participants, that makes for a competitive yet fun and relaxed environment.

Also, big thanks my TCS Tech crew (Brian, George & Colleen) and a big thanks to Fred for announcing for me. It really made it easy for me to answer driver’s questions and check on things.

Thank you again everyone, I should have the complete results up by late today or tomorrow and pictures shortly after.
Great event! Great turnout! Great raffle!

Thanks all, looking forward to May at TQ.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Gratz to all the Winners, some good comp out there !

Had a great time out there driving for Team NewMan

12th is so fun at Tamiya, with scale looking cars that are as easy to drive, as they are on the eyes
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-newman.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
I was in the same situation. This will probably be an on going theme throughout this season. I predict only one or two venues will host the 21.5 mini class.
I preferred the 21.5 class but the fast mini group of drivers were using silver cans and that's who I wanted to race against... so silver can it was.

^^^JRZ there is a spec tire:

Premounted B3 Type Tires 24mm TCS Spec tire. Tamiya #1015
Even for carpet tracks like rc madness?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.