Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus

^^^JRZ there is a spec tire:

Premounted B3 Type Tires 24mm TCS Spec tire. Tamiya #1015
RC Madness race will run on carpet. As a result this will be an open tire class.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Oh sorry for the misinfo. I thought I heard the parking lot was newly paved and there was a chance the race would be run outdoors. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by David J.
Juan, you must have participated and made the top 10 in a regional event during the season or prior season in order to participate in the Finals. So if you participated in the 2012 finals but hadn't run a regional since 2011, you have to participate in a regional this year to run in the 2013 Finals. How many regionals?... Just Juan...
So I participated at the TQ Hobbies regional in 2012. And qualified in the top (10). And competed at the nationals in 2012 also. From your response to my question. I am already eligible for this years (2013) nationals correct?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
So I participated at the TQ Hobbies regional in 2012. And qualified in the top (10). And competed at the nationals in 2012 also. From your response to my question. I am already eligible for this years (2013) nationals correct?
Yes, you're qualified to participate in the Finals this year based on participation in the regionals at TQ in 2012.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David J.
Yes, you're qualified to participate in the Finals this year based on participation in the regionals at TQ in 2012.
I would have thought that it would be requirement to compete at a regional, finish in the top 10 of the same race calendar season to compete at the Nationals of that same race season.

That would ensure better participation at the Regional level and prevent 'grandfathered' participants from sitting out based on how they placed the season before.

Just curious, what is the rational allowing a top 10 regional finish as a qualifier for the following years nationals?

Its early and I havent had my coffee yet...
Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The two year rule actually allowed me to go to nationals last year. There wasn't a regional race in the Southeast last year, so I was going to have to travel if I wanted to compete in a regional.

Given the option between taking the time to race at a regional or race at the nationals, the decision was easy. If you can only make one trip per year, the 2 years of eligibility allows someone to participate in the nationals every other year.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MDawson
I would have thought that it would be requirement to compete at a regional, finish in the top 10 of the same race calendar season to compete at the Nationals of that same race season.

That would ensure better participation at the Regional level and prevent 'grandfathered' participants from sitting out based on how they placed the season before.

Just curious, what is the rational allowing a top 10 regional finish as a qualifier for the following years nationals?

Its early and I havent had my coffee yet...
It is to allow drivers that couldn't make their regional for personal reasons to still participate in the finals. Basically, they can miss the regionals every other year and still participate in the finals. It has it's pros & Cons.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My son was happy to learn of the "two year" rule. He's in college, spending this semester as a semester abroad in school in Australia, and by the time of his return, would have no regional to race in. Since Dad and son try to get to Nats as often as possible, we were very happy to learn school won't prohibit his participation at Nats this year.
No room to bring his RC car to Australia to race! But he's doing everything else under the sun (while going to classes as well) - surfing, snorkeling, travel to places like Fiji, Bali - and girls, girls, girls. Lucky guy.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver
My son was happy to learn of the "two year" rule. He's in college, spending this semester as a semester abroad in school in Australia, and by the time of his return, would have no regional to race in. Since Dad and son try to get to Nats as often as possible, we were very happy to learn school won't prohibit his participation at Nats this year.
No room to bring his RC car to Australia to race! But he's doing everything else under the sun (while going to classes as well) - surfing, snorkeling, travel to places like Fiji, Bali - and girls, girls, girls. Lucky guy.
PLUS ONE...I'm just as jealous!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minidriver
and girls, girls, girls. Lucky guy.
Are you sure he's coming back?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Tamiya Championship Series (TCS) @ E Mergent RC – May 19, 2013

We continue to prepare for the TCS in May and as of yesterday a decision was made on the wheel and tire situation for the event at E Mergent RC.

David Jun called yesterday to discuss various aspects of the event and one topic was the wheel and tire situation. Drivers will be allowed to assemble their own wheels and tires. Having said this, the TCS rules regarding compounds, size, etc. are still in effect and will be enforced at the E Mergent RC Tech Table.

In addition to the tire discussion David and I discussed my driving participation in the event. Since E Mergent RC has two event directors managing every aspect of the TCS, I plan to compete in the GT3 class, however, I will not accept any gifts should I qualify at the event.

Driver registration will open this week on the TamiyaUSA.com website. Please visit the site and register such that we know who plans to attend.

We look forward to seeing everyone in May and we will have a warm-up race on May 4 and practice days on May 16 & 17. We plan to have a club race May 18 and TCS drivers are welcome to participate. TCS drivers will also have access to the track between heats on May 18.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi, I wanted to confirm something i just read in my entry confirmation email. i glued up some tires on some tamiya black spoke wheels which have a 2mm offset. i used those wheels because i liked the look...not for any performance gain. I just read that wheels should be 0 degree offset. Is that the case? are the 2mm offset wheels not allowed?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Hi, I wanted to confirm something i just read in my entry confirmation email. i glued up some tires on some tamiya black spoke wheels which have a 2mm offset. i used those wheels because i liked the look...not for any performance gain. I just read that wheels should be 0 degree offset. Is that the case? are the 2mm offset wheels not allowed?
It would be good to know - although the intent of the rule should be O degree. Spoke wheel vs. dish? Tamiya inserts?
Old 04-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Originally Posted by MDawson
It would be good to know - although the intent of the rule should be O degree. Spoke wheel vs. dish? Tamiya inserts?
That was a cut and paste error on my part. You can use any Tamiya 24mm wheel (spoke or dish) with any insert (aftermarket or Tamiya). Sorry about that. However, performance wise (in my opinion), the 0 offset is best in most situations (better geometry) and gives you the most options (you can use hubs or hub spacers to get the same results).
Old 04-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tmwhitaker
Tamiya Championship Series (TCS) @ E Mergent RC May 19, 2013

We continue to prepare for the TCS in May and as of yesterday a decision was made on the wheel and tire situation for the event at E Mergent RC.

David Jun called yesterday to discuss various aspects of the event and one topic was the wheel and tire situation. Drivers will be allowed to assemble their own wheels and tires. Having said this, the TCS rules regarding compounds, size, etc. are still in effect and will be enforced at the E Mergent RC Tech Table.

In addition to the tire discussion David and I discussed my driving participation in the event. Since E Mergent RC has two event directors managing every aspect of the TCS, I plan to compete in the GT3 class, however, I will not accept any gifts should I qualify at the event.

Driver registration will open this week on the TamiyaUSA.com website. Please visit the site and register such that we know who plans to attend.

We look forward to seeing everyone in May and we will have a warm-up race on May 4 and practice days on May 16 & 17. We plan to have a club race May 18 and TCS drivers are welcome to participate. TCS drivers will also have access to the track between heats on May 18.
Signed up, tires glued, and ready to race !!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.