Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David J.
Hello TCS racers. Just have a few announcements to make.

First, the tire and wheel rule for 1/12th GT this year is Tamiya RM-01 wheels and tires only (last year was open). It was brought to my attention that our website showed this change in one area but the old rule in another. This was my error that has been corrected and I apologize for the confusion.

Also, Race Licenses have begun mailing so many of you should be getting yours very soon! If you have not registered for your TCS Racing License, it is required but free of charge. Go here to register: http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/driver/info.php

Other cool news, for our regional event in Aliso Viejo April 7th, the generous people of the Long Beach Grand Prix have donated a pair of tickets to this year’s Grand Prix (April 19th – 21st). It includes a ride along during the famous Toyota Dealer parade lap on Sunday. We only have one pair of these tickets so in order to win, you must have pre-registered for this regional on-line, (which is now open) so sign up now!
David, so what happens when a racer shows up to race and doesn't have a TCS license? Do they get turned away? What if they have applied but haven't received it? We will be needing to know for the upcoming events at Hobbytown USA in Frederick.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

David, so what happens when a racer shows up to race and doesn't have a TCS license?
What about this weekend in Illinois?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcdave1
David, so what happens when a racer shows up to race and doesn't have a TCS license? Do they get turned away? What if they have applied but haven't received it? We will be needing to know for the upcoming events at Hobbytown USA in Frederick.
Originally Posted by CSeils
What about this weekend in Illinois?
The host sites (including this weekend in Illinois) have been sent TCS Racing License forms to have on hand at registration for drivers that have not registered in advanced (It's a paper version of what is on the web site). These drivers will fill this out during registration and the shop will fax them to me after the event. As long as they complete the License registration on site, they will be able to participate.

All entries are checked in advance to insure the drivers are in the appropriate class so if you haven't received your license by the time your event takes place, you should be ok. There will only need to be on-site screening for new drivers/drivers that have not pre-registered. In the event that such a driver enters a class that is lower than his actual skill level, the race director can move him up if he is clearly more advanced and/or the license that is issued after the event will reflect the appropriate level.

Last edited by David J.; 03-07-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Upcoming Event at Harbor Hobbies, PARKING!

With the 2 large winter storms we have had, and the outstanding snow removal service we have received. Parking is going to be tight this weekend.

I please ask/beg that all of our patrons and race participants use the very outlot by Droopy's and then fill in the middle of the lot. There is also additional parking on the North side of the plaza by Bob and Anne's restaraunt.

Under no circumstances are we to park along any sidewalk in the "L" of the plaza until after 2p.m. on saturday, there are no restrictions for sunday.

But hey, if you go get a hair cut at super clips while your here,or pick up some knick knacks from My Sisters Cottage, I will still give you $5 off your next club race when you bring us your receipt from Mo or the Sisters.

Make sure you tell them we sent you because of the discount we are giving you as well.

Thank You
Eric
Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Eric

What time do doors open tomorrow and on Sunday? I will try to be the first few to be there!!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

David J - The Racing Licenses are great touch! Received mine today.

The questions is - which Past Champ score licenses #00001??!!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
David J - The Racing Licenses are great touch! Received mine today.

The questions is - which Past Champ score licenses #00001??!!
It should go to the racer who wrapped up the first ever TCS Nat Title....
Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

#000000024 works for me. . .
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Does anyone care if UF1 overlapps Aprils TCS race?

I am the only one?
Anyway, this is a letter I just email the UF1 "leadership" asking for some consideration. Feedback appreciated.
Thanks, Marcos
---------------------------------------------------
...Subject: UF1 race date overlapping Tamiya’s TCS April 7 race.... I hope that the best interest of all of us (TCS and UF1 participants) will prevail in your consideration and the dates in the calendar be modified to meet this goal.

Cordially,
Marcos Wanless
UF1 and TCS participant since 2009

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Due to 'issues', we've rescheduled Round 2 to April 28th. That puts the Round 2 and Round 3 of the UF1 races back-to-back...something I didn't want to do. Hopefully all those that come from out of town can still attend both races.

New schedule is here: http://uf1rc.com/2013-uf1-summer-calendar/
To Tony and all the UF1 board members - a bunch of us thank you.

Wise man change their minds.

See you at TCS (and UF1),
Marcos Wanless

Last edited by HeliYogi; 03-09-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

So I see the rules are already a little fuzzy. GT3 leader this weekend has a lap on the field ( maybe 2 by the 3rd round) and he is Novice/Intermediate Driver? Been racing TCS almost as long as I have and thats a novice. LMAO!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

New to the whole TCS Race. Just wanted to know what class is the TT-01 Type E in?
Old 03-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

TCS in Huntsville, Alabama - May 19, 2013

E Mergent RC is honored to host a TCS this year and we look forward to seeing everyone.

We have started our 2013 race season and we have a resurfaced track (96' x 48') and we use RC Scoring Pro...the latest version. We have a large base of Mini Coopers, a growing base of TT01 and GT3 folks. Outside of Tamiya we also have a nice population of VTA. We welcome all classes at the local races and of course all TCS classes at the TCS in May.

Please visit with us at E Mergent RC Hobby Shop on Facebook for frequent updates E Mergent RC specific questions.

If would be so kind to drop me a note to let me know you plan to attend the TCS, that would be appreciated. As usual, formal registration is hosted on the Tamiya website.

Thank you,

Tommy Whitaker
E Mergent RC
Old 03-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TonyD.
New to the whole TCS Race. Just wanted to know what class is the TT-01 Type E in?
Per the TCS rules, the TT-01 and all it's variants can be used in Spec Novice, GT3 and GT2. That being said, the TT-01 is usually considered an entry level chassis that is not usually seen outside the Spec Novice class. Occasionally you will see people running TT-01's in GT3 and maybe even GT2 and doing well with them.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Rookie TCS question for the Spec/Novice Class
The rules say that P/N 53665 which is the 55/58T Gear set can be used, but I don't see anything in the rules about which pinion gear to use (unless I missed it?)
Can someone clarify this for us?
Thanks
Mike
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Hi Guys

Rookie TCS question for the Spec/Novice Class
The rules say that P/N 53665 which is the 55/58T Gear set can be used, but I don't see anything in the rules about which pinion gear to use (unless I missed it?)
Can someone clarify this for us?
Thanks
Mike
You will want to run a 25 or 27 pinion gear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.