Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree833Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wyvern95
My first TCS experience was at Trackside Hobbies. One of the cool things about that venue was the dirt track in the back. Don't get me wrong. My first love was and always will be onroad racing, but the rally class at the Trackside TCS was a blast. To the best of my knowledge, that was the only TCS venue to have any offroad classes.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the Hobbyplex has a dirt track. Is there any chance the Hobbyplex will pick up Tracksides torch and bring back a little offroad to the TCS? Rally! Rally! Rally!
+1

After my first visit to Trackside for a TCS, I went home and bought a Rally kit specifically for the next year's TCS at Trackside. That track was a blast for the Rally cars (but rough on the Rally body, LOL!).

Good luck to all my old TCS friends. I miss bench racing with you all, but with two girls my life has become 100% competitive dance competitions.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Already asked on the mini thread, but thought I'd come to the source to see if an insider (that's you David!) has an official answer. What's up with the new rubber compound in the S Grip Radials? They're really soft compared to the last batch I bought.
Honestly, we have not been informed from Tamiya Japan of a compound change with the tire but there seems to be a difference from with the most recent batch. I really don't know why this is and can only speculate but the latest ones are softer. We are currently out of stock and there is a delay getting them back in stock for the first round in Omaha. For this reason, drivers in the M-Chassis class will go back to the "pre-control" tire regulation for the Omaha event and can assemble their own Tamiya M-chassis tires. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks, David. I've found ways around the problem. They still may not last as long, but they'll do until the pre-mounts start flowing again.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

David,
Can we build m-tires per the rules? s-grip with hard foam but can we use any type of wheel?? dont care for the swift wheel.....
Old 01-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wyvern95
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the Hobbyplex has a dirt track. Is there any chance the Hobbyplex will pick up Tracksides torch and bring back a little offroad to the TCS? Rally! Rally! Rally!
They definitely do have an indoor dirt track that shares the same pits with the carpet track. Certainly something that could be done. Not sure they know this would be something people would want.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David J.
. . . We are currently out of stock and there is a delay getting them back in stock for the first round in Omaha. For this reason, drivers in the M-Chassis class will go back to the "pre-control" tire regulation for the Omaha event and can assemble their own Tamiya M-chassis tires. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Just to clarify,
What are the "pre-control" tire regulations?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
David,
Can we build m-tires per the rules? s-grip with hard foam but can we use any type of wheel?? dont care for the swift wheel.....
Originally Posted by kwkride
Just to clarify,
What are the "pre-control" tire regulations?
For the Omaha event, you can use the 60D Type A slick or 60D S Grip Radial with any Tamiya M-Chassis wheel and any insert. The insert used cannot distort the tire in any way. Of course, you can also use the Pre-Mount 60D Slicks or S Grip Radials if you have them.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

would be nice to have that rule on tires for all races
and have control tire for the nats
just a thought.....
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Before the use of control tires, drivers could more or less use any insert they wanted (It’s very difficult to enforce the use of a Tamyia insert short of cutting everyone’s tires open at the end of every qualifier/heat). This resulted in drivers testing out insert after insert to find something better than the other guy and often times it was something homemade or otherwise not generally available. Well, this takes a lot of time, knowledge and more significantly, a lot of money in tires, wheels and inserts. Being out spent on the track is not fun.

Yes, the control tires cost a little more because of the labor cost to assemble them. However, the cost of “testing” insert after insert is far greater not to mention very frustrating. It goes without saying that this is extremely discouraging, especially to new/inexperienced drivers. We would sell a lot more tires and wheels if we didn’t have a control tire but it’s just not in the best interest of growing the classes and series.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

right but with the new s-grip tires they are to soft.. and with a mini they role over sidewall to much. i hope the new pre mounts are the old tire
Old 01-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If they are softer, maybe they will work better. My M05 is a drift car with s-grip tires. The m-grips work really well on our carpet.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default TCS 39 Laurel MD partial results

From Doc Mertes's article we have the first and second place finishers.
These winners were the guys who completed the most laps the quickest in two of three rounds.
1998!

Originally Posted by ewippler
With some urging by Casey, I compiled the latest Regional HoF. As there were a lot of up and coming race winners this year, I capped the listing to the top 36 (took 4 wins to make it). Enjoy

Missing Results
I am missing race results from races several races in the late 90s- 2001. If anyone has some older RC Car Action mags and can look up the the Tamiya Ads showing the results, I would appreciate it (Tamiya used to run full or partial page ads in RC Car Action showing the TCS race schedule and results). PM or email with details

Race # - Date
42 - Oct 97
47-64 - April 98-Nov 99
66 - Nov 99
68 - Feb 2000 (canceled ?)
76-77 - Nov 2000 - March 2001
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-race-39-partial-results-434kb_page_1.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-race-39-partial-results-434kb_page_2.jpg  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default TCS 43 Race Results

Another find from back in the day.

Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-race-43-results-glendale-wisconsin-383kb_page_1.jpg Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-race-43-results-glendale-wisconsin-383kb_page_2.jpg

With some urging by Casey, I compiled the latest Regional HoF. As there were a lot of up and coming race winners this year, I capped the listing to the top 36 (took 4 wins to make it). Enjoy

Missing Results
I am missing race results from races several races in the late 90s- 2001. If anyone has some older RC Car Action mags and can look up the the Tamiya Ads showing the results, I would appreciate it (Tamiya used to run full or partial page ads in RC Car Action showing the TCS race schedule and results). PM or email with details

Race # - Date
42 - Oct 97
47-64 - April 98-Nov 99
66 - Nov 99
Old 01-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default TCS 70 Race results

Hot laps from a cold day on Staten Island in 2000!
Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-race-70-results-staten-island-399kb_page_1.jpg Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-race-70-results-staten-island-399kb_page_2.jpg

Missing Results

Race # - Date
42 - Oct 97
47-64 - April 98-Nov 99
66 - Nov 99
Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2003 Memphis Hobbytown TCS results

A decade ago!
Somebody please post the race number for this event.

Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-race-2003-memphis-hobbytown-365kb_page_1.jpg Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-race-2003-memphis-hobbytown-365kb_page_2.jpg

Missing Results

Race # - Date
42 - Oct 97
47-64 - April 98-Nov 99
66 - Nov 99

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.