Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Guys,

Is it safe to assume I'll still need a blinky esc next year for 1/12?

Will 1/12 definitely carry on?
Old 10-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Yep, leave rules alone, except 21.5 in FWD
Old 10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

Originally Posted by teamstrc
in my opinion, the best thing to do for 2013 TCS rules is:

LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!

+4
Old 10-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

Hello TCS racers! I'm pleased to inform you that the 2013 rules are complete and now online (click on the PDF link): http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules.php

I still need to update the rest of the TCS page to reflect these new rules but that should be done by tomorrow. The link above is the PDF version. The ESC and Motor should also be online tomorrow.

Finally, the schedule is also complete but will not be online until tomorrow. However, I happy to announce that I have added two new regional events to the series. Please welcome and support E-Mergent Hobbies in Alabama (TCS Regional date - May 19th, 2013) and Middle River Hobbies in Maryland (TCS Regional date - June 2nd, 2013) to the TCS family. The full schedule with event date should be up tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Yep, leave rules alone, except 21.5 in FWD
+1
Old 10-30-2012, 04:33 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David J.
Hello TCS racers! I'm pleased to inform you that the 2013 rules are complete and now online: http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...rules%20V1.pdf

I still need to update the rest of the TCS page to reflect these new rules but that should be done by tomorrow. The link above is the PDF version. The ESC and Motor should also be online tomorrow.

Finally, the schedule is also complete but will not be online until tomorrow. However, I happy to announce that I have added two new regional events to the series. Please welcome and support E-Mergent Hobbies in Alabama (TCS Regional date - May 19th, 2013) and Middle River Hobbies in Maryland (TCS Regional date - June 2nd, 2013) to the TCS family. The full schedule with event date should be up tomorrow.
Thanks, David, but when I try to open it I get a page which says "403 Forbidden" at the top. When I open it from the email I get from RC Tech about this forum I can open it.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MD
Thanks, David, but when I try to open it I get a page which says "403 Forbidden" at the top. When I open it from the email I get from RC Tech about this forum I can open it.
Sorry about that. I noticed it and put a link to the general page. From here, click on the PDF link.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Just noticed that FWD isn't in the 2013 rules....... ?
...maybe I'm blind but I didn't see a section for it.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Just noticed that FWD isn't in the 2013 rules....... ?
...maybe I'm blind but I didn't see a section for it.
Due to low attendance it was combined with GT-3, rather than canceling the class all together. Also, the motor rules are now silver can or 21.5 brushless for GT-3.

GT-3 is a stepping stone from Spec so drivers can choose to use the silver can motors they already have or progress into brushless so they can enter GT-2 when ever they feel ready. Because of the experience level of GT-3, the use of silver can vs. 21.5 brushless should not be a significant advantage. If it is, that driver is in the wrong class.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Due to low attendance it was combined with GT-3, rather than canceling the class all together. Also, the motor rules are now silver can or 21.5 brushless for GT-3.

GT-3 is a stepping stone from Spec so drivers can choose to use the silver can motors they already have or progress into brushless so they can enter GT-2 when ever they feel ready. Because of the experience level of GT-3, the use of silver can vs. 21.5 brushless should not be a significant advantage. If it is, that driver is in the wrong class.
Dave,
Thanks for the early rules release. I have one thought and I realize that making everyone happy is impossible. Rolling the FF03 into GT3 is a good idea, however I can tell you that in the circle of drivers I hang with, most of us built FF03's to run FWD last year( I didn't , just lookin out for my buds) All of these drivers are way beyond the skill level expected of GT3 drivers. I know that all of them will be disappointed/ unhappy that they now have a car which they cannot run. Again I realize that satisfying everyone is impossible, and lines have to be drawn, just wondering how many others out there would be in the same position. Looking forward to seeing the schedule.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Couple of questions, but first thanks for getting the rules out.
First why bother with the foam f1 class. I think that dilutes the class too much. With the new TCS rubber tires the f1 class should only be run on rubber even at the carpet tracks.

Second since mini pro is now a 21.5 motor why not combine the 2 mini classes. The 21.5 and the silver can are pretty comparable in speed, spliting the class dilutes that class as well.

I think combining those 2 classes will make those classes more fun and make for a larger car count in each heat. That would also reduce the number of classes that are kind of redundant.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have to agree with Brad. I think the guys who have the FF03 are beyond the GT3 driver. Many are very experienced drivers that get the FF03 as a fun car but are very capable of wheeling the car, now they will not be allowed to run it in GT 3 because of their skill level.
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Dave,
Thanks for the early rules release. I have one thought and I realize that making everyone happy is impossible. Rolling the FF03 into GT3 is a good idea, however I can tell you that in the circle of drivers I hang with, most of us built FF03's to run FWD last year( I didn't , just lookin out for my buds) All of these drivers are way beyond the skill level expected of GT3 drivers. I know that all of them will be disappointed/ unhappy that they now have a car which they cannot run. Again I realize that satisfying everyone is impossible, and lines have to be drawn, just wondering how many others out there would be in the same position. Looking forward to seeing the schedule.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
I have to agree with Brad. I think the guys who have the FF03 are beyond the GT3 driver. Many are very experienced drivers that get the FF03 as a fun car but are very capable of wheeling the car, now they will not be allowed to run it in GT 3 because of their skill level.
+2

One thing I have noticed with new classes started in TCS;
Year 1 people warm up to the idea few buy it.
Year 2 people start buying it after seeing others run it.
Year 3 Tamiya cancels the class due to lack of interest.

I can understand if Tamiya released it without plans of supporting the new class in the long term.

I would think the FF03 was getting some legs with the new release of the Pro kit, building support via option parts and being one of the original classes like F1. Throwing it into GT3 IMO just prolongs Year 3.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
First why bother with the foam f1 class. I think that dilutes the class too much. With the new TCS rubber tires the f1 class should only be run on rubber even at the carpet tracks.
Agreed. Presumably the thought is that each track will listen to its racers and make the foam/rubber call that way, not run *both* F1 classes. (Tracks need to make this call early, preferably when the schedule is posted, so racers know what's going to be raced.) If all or nearly all tracks go with rubber, then in 2014 Tamiya will eliminate foam.

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I would think the FF03 was getting some legs with the new release of the Pro kit, building support via option parts and being one of the original classes like F1.
Agreed. The strongest TCS classes have been the ones with Tamiya uniqueness like Mini and F1. FWD had a chance to become another one of these. Now Tamiya is telling you that if your skills are above a certain level you can't race the FF03 in TCS. Is this a first? Seems likely to kill FWD, just when the 21.5 motor option might have boosted it.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default FF03

Have to agree with all above on FF03. The reason attendance was poor was because of the rules (wings, brushless). Many of us that built cars in anticipation, should not be driving in GT3. So now there will be a lot of cheap FWD on RCTech...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.