Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-28-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
thanks for the video dawson.. how many times did you visit the kink
1.... It was not quite as dramatic. I have learned to curtail my kink habit at Tamiya!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow! I'm still floating on cloud nine, sporting a perma-grin. The TCS North American Finals was absolutely amazing and it truly is like a family reunion of racers from accross the country. Catching up with all of you and hanging out for good times is what makes this so much fun.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone and I mean every single one of you, Tamiya, track volunteers, racers, and spectators for putting on such a fanatastic event. There are so many people that I want to thank individually for their help and support, I don't even know where to start. So for now, Thank you!

Winning a once in a lifetime trip back in 2003 was a huge achievement. However, I feel truly blessed winning it again surrounded by TCS racing family and friends. It means a lot, and I will do my best to represent and help the North American Team at the World Championships in Japan.

As soon as things settle down, I will try to fill you guys in with more details. But for now...WOW!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

I would like to thank the whole Tamiya crew for a fun and exciting weekend, and also thanks for bringing back F1 as a Japan trip winning class. Also special thanks to HKS Hobby Alan Mok and Tony Tam for their help and support.

Also thanks Vyger , I guess I will see you lot later.

Anthony
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone have the results handy? link is gone
Old 08-29-2012, 09:17 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Fixed link. Sorry guys.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rtypec
Wow! I'm still floating on cloud nine, sporting a perma-grin. The TCS North American Finals was absolutely amazing and it truly is like a family reunion of racers from accross the country. Catching up with all of you and hanging out for good times is what makes this so much fun.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone and I mean every single one of you, Tamiya, track volunteers, racers, and spectators for putting on such a fanatastic event. There are so many people that I want to thank individually for their help and support, I don't even know where to start. So for now, Thank you!

Winning a once in a lifetime trip back in 2003 was a huge achievement. However, I feel truly blessed winning it again surrounded by TCS racing family and friends. It means a lot, and I will do my best to represent and help the North American Team at the World Championships in Japan.

As soon as things settle down, I will try to fill you guys in with more details. But for now...WOW!
Originally Posted by afung1
I would like to thank the whole Tamiya crew for a fun and exciting weekend, and also thanks for bringing back F1 as a Japan trip winning class. Also special thanks to HKS Hobby Alan Mok and Tony Tam for their help and support.

Also thanks Vyger , I guess I will see you lot later.

Anthony
Gratz to you guys

It takes nervs of steel to drive F1 & GT1 at that level
Don't let up now
Go for the BIG Prize in J-land !
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

GT2 GT1 F1 mains , thanks to Jason Huang for taping them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bscssc
Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone tape the f1 A3 main?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default UF1

F1 racers in So. Cal.....

UF1 Summer series 2012 is winding down with only two races left:
  • Cal Raceway Sept. 15
  • TQ October 20

This summer series has been the best attended series to date with some great racing and a close point series. Even though we are winding down, it is never to late to join in.

The last two races are an excellent opportunity to prep for the winter series. So, come race UF1 style and find a team mate (team mate not required for racing), or just hang out and find out what UF1 is all about.

FYI: For those who need a little extra track time, Saturday Sept. 8 will be a test and tune day at Cal Raceway. Kick back an turn a few no pressure laps, with lots of advice (good and bad) given freely.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:23 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

Today I want to bring to everyone’s attention that we will be amending the 2012 TCS Finals results with respect to the GT-2 class.

There was a tie in the triple “A” main results between Kelvin Khng and Orlando Sherman as well as Nathan Weir and Clement Kwong. The stated Tie-Breaker rules of the 2012 TCS NAF Driver’s Manual reads: “The total of each driver’s best two (2) out of three (3) Mains points will count. The first tiebreaker will be the points of each tied driver’s third best (remaining) Main. In the event of a need for a second tiebreaker, the total laps and times of the best two (2) out of three (3) Mains will be used.”

Unfortunately, that method was not used. Instead, a more often used method was followed in which the one and only tie-breaker is using the tied drivers best two finishes combined laps/time. This makes the worst run a complete throw out and it is never used.

Kelvin Khng was the first to come to me shortly after the event that something seemed off. Based on the results sheet I had in my hand I assured him everything seemed OK, but I was wrong. Therefore we are amending the final standings since everyone; rightfully so, thought we’d be using the written and official tie-breaker of the 2012 TCS Finals rules.
Orlando Sherman officially stands in 3rd place in the GT-2 class with his worst run of 97 points breaking Kelvin Khng’s 95 worst run points. Kelvin Khng will officially stand in fourth. Nathan Weir moves up from 6th to 5th by breaking Clement Kwong’s worst run of 92 points with his worst run of 96 points. Clement officially moves to the 6th final standing position.

I sincerely apologize for the mix up in scoring the “stated” and “official” triple “A” Main tie-breaker. I really want to thank Kelvin and Orlando for their complete understanding. These two gentlemen racers are among our very best supporters and we admire their sportsmanship throughout the whole process of investigating the issue and coming to a fair resolution.

The rest of the standing s has been reviewed to make sure if any other racers were affected by the “stated” tie-breaker. None were found.
Congratulations to Orlando for making the podium and to both Orlando and Kelvin for being fair minded sportsman! Orlando will be receiving his earned kudos and prize shortly.

FM
Old 09-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thankyou Fred and Tamiya. Im sure this small oversight was a tough one to correct, especially when it affects those we like to call 'friends' (wether it be personal, professional or seasonal) in this Hobby of which we gather to have fun and duke it out for bragging rites (or a Trophy, or the Trip)..

Looking forward to the next season, as usual.. Oh what shall we run
Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any word on the 2013 rules?
I figured to be the 1st to start early.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Looking forward to my 19th year of the TCS. It's never to early to ask about the rules.

Already working on my concourse body for next year but I can't decide on which form to do it on. Any suggestions on a good body for GT2?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Was thinking about sedan.
It seems that depending on the track you get to race 13.5 or 17.5 (GT1 & GT2).
There were a few pockets that ran silvercan motors, which seemed to have switched to 25.5 as VTA. I see and understand the need to keep silvercan as a class to bridge to the faster classes, yet don't see the the bridge to BL. I do think 17.5 and 13.5 would be to big of leap from silvercans. Yet 25.5 does seem to offer a bit of comparable sanity to the speeds, gearing and similar reflexes. One racing buddy said he ran 25.5 and silvercans together. I supose the next logic is why not up it to 21.5. Good argument, the problem is that is not really a popular class otherwise known as GT or USGT. I am looking at it from the standpoint of being able to pull VTA drivers into TCS. VTA is pretty big and one of the typical sedan classes.

So the proposal would be GT1 13.5, GT2 17.5, GT3 25.5 and GT4 silvercan-2012.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gcooper
So the proposal would be GT1 13.5, GT2 17.5, GT3 25.5 and GT4 silvercan-2012.
I feel that is too many GT classes in an already diluted sector.
Why not just run GT3 with 25.5 and silver cans together. Leave it up the racer to decide their investment level since both motors are slow. I have to believe the silvercan cars will have the advantage... 25.5 motors are painfully.... blahh.

On a different note, I wonder what the results look like from the Tamiya Survey??? I wonder if the answers will persuade new rules/adjustments or will they just remain Cali influenced??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.