Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-18-2012, 02:20 PM
  #17221  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (120)
 
JasonC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: oceanside ca
Posts: 4,099
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Oh yeah, time to go practice!
Looks like someone can match RodC's racing budget
JasonC is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 08:53 AM
  #17222  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
240Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,119
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

sure is quiet in this thread....
Only 5 days till the sound of the tone!
240Z is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 09:48 AM
  #17223  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,195
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 240Z
sure is quiet in this thread....
Only 5 days till the sound of the tone!
Yes, it is unusually quiet in here.....everyone must be wrench hard on their cars

Mr. FMW,

Can we get a driver's list please

Steve
teamstrc is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 AM
  #17224  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,254
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JasonC
Looks like someone can match RodC's racing budget
In the arms race it wasn't the superpowers that won. It was the stealthly guys that caused the disruption.
MDawson is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 01:07 PM
  #17225  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,195
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MDawson
In the arms race it wasn't the superpowers that won. It was the stealthly guys that caused the disruption.
disruption doe not equal winning....hope the stealthy ones show up this weekend
teamstrc is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 01:32 PM
  #17226  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (120)
 
JasonC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: oceanside ca
Posts: 4,099
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MDawson
In the arms race it wasn't the superpowers that won. It was the stealthly guys that caused the disruption.
The stealthy ones spend as much if not more ... They just don't show there hand
JasonC is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 02:43 PM
  #17227  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,799
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Fun times as usual Saturday. Thanks guys as always for supporting Speedtech!

We will be there this Friday from approximately 10am - 1pm as well as the duration of the race.

We are putting our last Tamiya order in tomorrow. If you guys need anything please don't hesitate to PM me or call the shop! 626.237.0807.
stitchy is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 03:12 PM
  #17228  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,254
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JasonC
The stealthy ones spend as much if not more ... They just don't show there hand
I don't have A or B plan for this race. Will just be happy to race.

That said, I am not going to show race pace until Q1. Maximum drive is suspended till Saturday.

Ask Wanger, I don't have enough 13.5s to burn up this weekend.
MDawson is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
  #17229  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,160
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

who's the baller with Seven 13.5t motors?
over gear is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 04:22 PM
  #17230  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Here is the current sign ups as of 8/20/12 4:15 pm

If you haven't signed up please make sure to do so tonight

Also, I would like to make everyone aware that charging LIPO batteries higher than 2C will not be allowed. It is unsafe and it is dangerous
We will have someone in the pits going around and monitoring chargers. We will also temp your batteries in tech. There is no reason why your batteries should measure higher than 5 degrees above ambient temperature.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EntryInfo2012.pdf (21.7 KB, 238 views)
FMW is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 06:18 PM
  #17231  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,254
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FMW
Here is the current sign ups as of 8/20/12 4:15 pm

If you haven't signed up please make sure to do so tonight

Also, I would like to make everyone aware that charging LIPO batteries higher than 2C will not be allowed. It is unsafe and it is dangerous
We will have someone in the pits going around and monitoring chargers. We will also temp your batteries in tech. There is no reason why your batteries should measure higher than 5 degrees above ambient temperature.
Fredo - I am out of 1/12. No way to source, build and test by Fri.
MDawson is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 06:36 PM
  #17232  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (120)
 
JasonC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: oceanside ca
Posts: 4,099
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by over gear
who's the baller with Seven 13.5t motors?
Maybe not 7motors but at least 3 with 4 spare rotors
JasonC is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:45 PM
  #17233  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,254
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Fred,

Is the DJ suspension arm set legal for use with a 417 or EVO5MS?
MDawson is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 11:11 PM
  #17234  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,195
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MDawson
I don't have A or B plan for this race. Will just be happy to race.

That said, I am not going to show race pace until Q1. Maximum drive is suspended till Saturday.

Ask Wanger, I don't have enough 13.5s to burn up this weekend.
your motor purchasing "habits" I will keep "stealthy" for you hahahaha
teamstrc is offline  
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 AM
  #17235  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MDawson
Fred,

Is the DJ suspension arm set legal for use with a 417 or EVO5MS?
The designer of the arms says it fits with no modifications, so there is no reason for me to say you can't use it. Good luck!

Noted about your 1/12 removal. You should have Mr. Wang build you a car. I heard he has the skill set you are looking for.

Updated entry list:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EntryInfo2012b.pdf (22.0 KB, 179 views)
FMW is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.