Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wanted to put this out there. I know this event has not happened yet but just felt compelled to express my sincerest thanks to John Brown and his entire crew and Al Sodano and his support group for coordinating and putting on an event like this. The amount of behind the scenes preparations required to pull off events is some times taken for granted by the participants. All racers make sure to personally thank the people who sacrifice the time for the entertainment and enjoyment for all of us. Looking forward to experiencing this unique event.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FMW
Hi everyone.

Good luck to all of you going to the Brownies TCS regional race! Welcome back John!!! I hope to someday visit the Jackson RC track. It looks awesome and I'd love to drive my F104V2 around the track

Please remember to take as many images of the action and winners! We want to place those images on the TCS website.

Have fun everyone!!

Thanks Fred!!.... We'll make you proud!....
Old 07-21-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Oh Tamiya-BodyCzars.. Yes Please!!
OH HELL YEAH!!!!

looks sweet
Old 07-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Waltrip55
I've been an avid fan of TCS for awhile now, and I still miss the TCS days at Trackside in WI. I love short course racing (Tamiya, where is your SC?) at Trackside and went to the TCS at The Track in IL this past year. This of course got me dreaming to run the finals in CA one day again.

My questions is, as a touring car guy and never trying anything else, what is everyone's favorite class from a racing standpoint? I was also looking into F1 one day...difference is racing/driving for GT classes?
TC or mini.
F1 is tricky to setup or drive and not much support outside TCS.
FWD is pretty unique and some classes like USGT will allow it with TC 4wd sedan.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow!! What a day!!!! Oh wait weekend .lol

107 ENTRIES!!!!!

Big Thanks to everyone's support for this great event!!

Big Thanks to Tamiya USA for letting us have this race, and there generous prizes!

Big Thanks to John Brown and his crew for making this a reality, and his unconditional help.

Big thanks to my buds Alex and Greg for there help on the announcing

It was great seeing so many people in the pits having so much fun!

The competition.... WOW !!!

Thanks to all the racers that came out sat, for our club race to take advantage of some xtra track time.

Hope to see everyone again.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE !!!!

Last edited by Al Sodano; 07-23-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by A-Ko
TC or mini.
F1 is tricky to setup or drive and not much support outside TCS.
FWD is pretty unique and some classes like USGT will allow it with TC 4wd sedan.
Thanks for the help...I think I will stick with the GT classes
Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Non-official results from TCS at Jackson. These are from Rc scoring pro and don't take into account any post race tech or order changes from additional laps/board hoping.
http://racerlog.com/results/jackson_rc/07-22-2012/
Old 07-23-2012, 07:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

We have videos from the race too... that will be posted onto YouTube in the next few days..
Old 07-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
Wow!! What a day!!!! Oh wait weekend .lol

107 ENTRIES!!!!!

Big Thanks to everyone's support for this great event!!

Big Thanks to Tamiya USA for letting us have this race, and there generous prizes!

Big Thanks to John Brown and his crew for making this a reality, and his unconditional help.

Big thanks to my buds Alex and Greg for there help on the announcing

It was great seeing so many people in the pits having so much fun!

The competition.... WOW !!!

Thanks to all the racers that came out sat, for our club race to take advantage of some xtra track time.

Hope to see everyone again.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE !!!!
man...what a day - Al and you guys did an outstanding job putting the show on..

John Brown - i cannot say thanks enough for bringing a TCS race back to the area...I hope you didn't burn out to the point of NOT wanting to do this again next year..

It was great to see so many guys (and gal) out running Tamiya stuff

that has got to been the largest TCS turnout in the last couple of years.

thanks for making my 1st TCS race in 7 years so much fun...can't wait to do it again next year
Old 07-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Waltrip55
I've been an avid fan of TCS for awhile now, and I still miss the TCS days at Trackside in WI. I love short course racing (Tamiya, where is your SC?) at Trackside and went to the TCS at The Track in IL this past year. This of course got me dreaming to run the finals in CA one day again.

My questions is, as a touring car guy and never trying anything else, what is everyone's favorite class from a racing standpoint? I was also looking into F1 one day...difference is racing/driving for GT classes?
Kind of depends upon what you are looking for. Neither class is "blow your doors off" fast, but can offer some great competitive challenges.

The following for F1 is growing around the USA. Being a RWD chassis, it requires some finesse with the throttle to get it around the track. Not especially demanding of setup skills, with tire selection and sauce being 90% of tuning. An awesome class for realistic scale racing.

Mini has always been a staple since inception of TCS racing. A little more demanding to setup and tune than F1. Epic competitive battles for those who get it right.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just wanted to thank everyone at Jackson Rc and Brownies Hobbies for hosting the TCS event this weekend. Had a great time and hopefully mini pro will start to get a bigger following in the future. Also would like to congradulate all the winners and hopefully we can do it again next year.

Dave Banks
Old 07-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 240Z
Kind of depends upon what you are looking for. Neither class is "blow your doors off" fast, but can offer some great competitive challenges.

The following for F1 is growing around the USA. Being a RWD chassis, it requires some finesse with the throttle to get it around the track. Not especially demanding of setup skills, with tire selection and sauce being 90% of tuning. An awesome class for realistic scale racing.

Mini has always been a staple since inception of TCS racing. A little more demanding to setup and tune than F1. Epic competitive battles for those who get it right.
Thanks for the info. I have never been a fan of mini for some reason, so I would stick with GT over mini. The finesse aspect of F1 sounds like fun...that's why I enjoy 2wd SC. Maybe I will need to drive one before I add an F1 car to the stable. Thanks again.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

I agree what day! thanks Al and Greg and of course John Brown and crew for a really fun day! they really put on great racing program.if there a TCS race next year i'll be there.
gotta fix that traction roll issue..ugh! Big fun THANK YOU !
Old 07-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fred:

Is it TCS legal to run the Fiat Abarth in Mini without the motor doodads and the rear engine hatch closed?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default TCS race 175 at Jackson R/C

WOW!! What I'm reading here is making me get a little choked up! Thanks for for all the nice words guys. Yes, to answer the question? I'm going to ask Fred for another race next season! Yes it's alot of work, but to see all my friends out there racing and in the pits having a great time makes it worth it. The support works both ways guys, I support you and you support me it's always been that way and I don't see changing anything, GOD willing.

Thanks to Al Sodano for letting us have this great event at the awsome Jackson R/C track. I hope your up to another next year?

Alex and Greg. Do I need to say how much I appreciate you guys?

The track crew at Jackson for getting the track in top shape for our race. Thank you.

Thank you to everyone who bought their lunch from the Boy Scouts. They really appreciate it.

Thanks to all the racers who showed up to have some fun with us.

Congrats to all the winners. Be it concours or in their respective mains. Congrats!

Till next race, be well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.