Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spurcheck
OK, so what you are saying is the rules, though written in black and white, are not really that specific. Based on the rules the car I am planning on running is legal Tamiya F104 #58475**1880. My car is a legal chassis. Correct me if I am wrong, as long as it has a "F104" designation, it is legal regardless of the version of the F104 that it is and that the width must conform to a narrow F104 dimension? I am guessing that based on current info as stated both the F104W and F104W-GP cars are allowed to run in the rubber class so long as they are narrowed down. And the F104X1 and F104V2 are too legal to run in rubber though those are not spelled out as legal chassis in the rules package. It seems to me that to take the confusion out of what is or is not legal would be a part number listing of what kit numbers and any amendments (modifications) to the (out of box) assembly would totally solve this problem.

Now that I have totally started crap by trying to get to the bottom of this stuff it is because the model of car I am bringing to my first Tamiya event is not the most current version. I parked the F103 because it is not listed as a legal chassis. I have been monitoring the rules package for some time to see if there were going to be any changes that would negatively impact my performance based on what vehicles would be legal. Wondering how much I will be giving up on the track running with an outdated car. Knowing that other more current versions of the F104 will be allowed will more that likely put me pretty far behind the 8 ball potential wise.I fully understand manufacturers needing to upgrade and move on to sell products, but to have a touring series that has an internationally listed rules package that does not spell out these types of specifics may allow some to question whether or not one may attempt to participate in an event for fear of arriving at an event and what other surprises may they run into. I know the vast majority of you do not know me (and probably after this post don't want to either) but I have been racing since 86',,,,,,,,,,,no, not 1886, 1986 and I have a very broad experience base so I am not talking out of my,,,,,,,,,,well, you know what. So please, please, please, read what I am saying, digest it,think about it and then reply as need be. I am in no way attacking any one person(s), tracks, manufacturers etc. This is just an observation from somebody who has been around the horn for a bit (and still have my faculties about me) It is not lost on me that the TCS series is popular and quite successful. But, much the same as anything else some times some messaging and/or tweaking is needed to iron out any rough spots.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and I am fully committed to enjoying my first TCS event, and now with less surprises than before
I remember reading that the F104WGP was only allowed at foam classes - not the rubber classes
Old 07-13-2012, 04:31 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
Hi FMW

Will there be a spec battery for the gt2 and gt1 class this year?
Or do we follow the rules on just getting a hard case roar approved lipo?
Hi there: I would really like to not have a spec battery this year so you guys can run TCS legal hard car batteries and save your hard earned money for spare parts and other stuff...I.E. ROAR legal as long as they're 6000 mah and under.

I'll make the final call next week, but that's where my head is at.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:38 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Speaking of F1 and TCS

I have an announcement: http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=556
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-tcsar.jpg  
Old 07-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FMW
Speaking of F1 and TCS

I have an announcement: http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=556
very purdy, Fred!

will they be used as a spec tire for next year? or just a trial/nats kind of thing?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

OK, so what you are saying is the rules, though written in black and white, are not really that specific. Based on the rules the car I am planning on running is legal Tamiya F104 #58475**1880. My car is a legal chassis. Correct me if I am wrong, as long as it has a "F104" designation, it is legal regardless of the version of the F104 that it is and that the width must conform to a narrow F104 dimension? I am guessing that based on current info as stated both the F104W and F104W-GP cars are allowed to run in the rubber class so long as they are narrowed down. And the F104X1 and F104V2 are too legal to run in rubber though those are not spelled out as legal chassis in the rules package. It seems to me that to take the confusion out of what is or is not legal would be a part number listing of what kit numbers and any amendments (modifications) to the (out of box) assembly would totally solve this problem.
We ran the X1 at the nationals last year. It had come out not too long before, but it was legal. You're probably right, the chassis should be spelled out in part numbers. You have to assume that if a new product comes out, it will be legal as long as it fits the format (narrow F1 for example- F104V2). As far as parts, as long as the hop up part is listed for that car, it's pretty much gonna wind up being legal.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
We ran the X1 at the nationals last year. It had come out not too long before, but it was legal. You're probably right, the chassis should be spelled out in part numbers. You have to assume that if a new product comes out, it will be legal as long as it fits the format (narrow F1 for example- F104V2). As far as parts, as long as the hop up part is listed for that car, it's pretty much gonna wind up being legal.
Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I am fixating to much on specifics. I know last year at the ROAR on road NATS Trinity's new REVTECH 17.5 motor had already been ROAR approved but was disallowed from usage because it had only recently been released.(supposedly not available from many distributors/sources) So, I did not understand why a chassis would be allowed in a class without it being accurately described as such. But, I understand now. Thank you for your patients in putting up with my rambling as I try to grasp how TCS does things.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I am fixating to much on specifics. I know last year at the ROAR on road NATS Trinity's new REVTECH 17.5 motor had already been ROAR approved but was disallowed from usage because it had only recently been released.(supposedly not available from many distributors/sources) So, I did not understand why a chassis would be allowed in a class without it being accurately described as such. But, I understand now. Thank you for your patients in putting up with my rambling as I try to grasp how TCS does things.
You can run the W in rubber class, but you have to run the kit rubber tires that comes with it, so the chances of it being competitive are not real good
Old 07-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Jackson TCS race question
Hello
I have a what I hope is an easy tire question/clarification rule for the mini class. It was my understanding that you had to use the 60D super grip tires part # 1016 and that was the only legal tire for TCs . . . .but after reading the rules on the TCS page it states it must be a 60D size tire part #1016 or 1028 60D with soft insert or part # 1029 which is the 60D size tire with hard insert. So my question is at the Jackson race is it only the 1016? Or anyone of the 3 I listed above?
Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

from the jackson thread regarding the upcoming TCS race . . .

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
Yes. For the TCS race Sunday you can use any of those 3 tire listings
Old 07-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
You can run the W in rubber class, but you have to run the kit rubber tires that comes with it, so the chances of it being competitive are not real good

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Z main here I come
Old 07-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Z main here I come
that's funny, right there almost as funny as scooby being 'slow' - I've seen you wheel a lotta different cars over the years, and I wouldn't car you slow

with my help, I'll get ya solidly in the "Q" main
Old 07-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

TCS race at Jackson

Gates open 7:00 am
Practice starts 8:00 am
Registration closes at 9:30
First heat 10:30
Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool Tamiya TCS

. - 3 heats and a main - I hope : )
. - thx

Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
that's funny, right there almost as funny as scooby being 'slow' - I've seen you wheel a lotta different cars over the years, and I wouldn't car you slow

with my help, I'll get ya solidly in the "Q" main
Yeah,,,,,,well,,,,this ain't gonna' be no HPI Challenge, and it definantely ain't nitro. I will be a total novice to the way TCS stuff goes, feeling my way as I go. Just tell me to "lean it out" if I am not going (ie crashing) fast enough, all the way to that "Q Main".
Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Got the body all done..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.