Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM
  #17041  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,278
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

hey guys - questions are being asked about the F1 class. hold tight.. hopefully we will have info soon. the rest of the Jackson race info will be posted here.
hanulec is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:25 PM
  #17042  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec
hey guys - questions are being asked about the F1 class. hold tight.. hopefully we will have info soon. the rest of the Jackson race info will be posted here.
Hey guys. I've been busy with other Tamiya work related issues. Please feel free to ask any questions about the F1 class here. I will answer them here.
If the question is rubber or foam, let me say I leave that up to each site depending on their track surface. Since it's Jackson RC, I would recommend you guys race on Rubber, which we can change the entry form in the morning since I just realized we have it set to FOAM. No worries... we can change it as I'm sensing everyone would like to race on Rubber by the looks of it.

Smart choice
FMW is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 PM
  #17043  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
spurcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Last in the "Z" main
Posts: 1,642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

As for rubba' or foam,,,,,,,,,,,I am not leaning in any direction one way or the other. Since I have never been involved in a TCS race I have no point of reference and prefer to defer to those who are experienced. I just want to know which way we are going so I can take the appropriate actions in regards to obtaining tires for the day.

I do have a question that probably has been answered a gazillion times before so don't "string me up" for asking. Since this is a Tamiya event aren't all Tamiya vehicles ok to run???? In F1 I have a 103 and a 104. I see info is only showing 104 vehicles,,,,,,,,,,,,,reason????
spurcheck is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
  #17044  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond,Va
Posts: 367
Smile

Originally Posted by FMW
Hey guys. I've been busy with other Tamiya work related issues. Please feel free to ask any questions about the F1 class here. I will answer them here.
If the question is rubber or foam, let me say I leave that up to each site depending on their track surface. Since it's Jackson RC, I would recommend you guys race on Rubber, which we can change the entry form in the morning since I just realized we have it set to FOAM. No worries... we can change it as I'm sensing everyone would like to race on Rubber by the looks of it.

Smart choice
I talked to John Brown today from Brownies Hobbies in NY, he stated that he was pushing toward the Tamiya Rubber tires but if enough Foam tire racers showed up to the race on 7/22/12 they might race both? I would prefer to race Rubber tires since the Nationals would be Rubber tires and Jackson is called the Tamiya Track of the East Coast very much like Aliso Viejo but much smoother and newer asphalt? Looking forward to racing there on 7/22/12!!
Steve.
hickmeister is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 07:46 PM
  #17045  
Tech Adept
 
Vacek22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 102
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MDawson
It is asphalt there. Jackson is the better paved 'Tamiya of the East Coast'
Vacek22 is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 AM
  #17046  
Tech Master
iTrader: (65)
 
DaveG28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,610
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Is anyone racing RM01 at Jackson? I'd love to give mine a run out but it's a long trip to find no entries!! Can the rm-01 run with none Tamiya spur gears?

Also, is there a shop at the track with Tamiya spares?

Last edited by DaveG28; 07-11-2012 at 03:02 AM.
DaveG28 is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:51 AM
  #17047  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spurcheck
As for rubba' or foam,,,,,,,,,,,I am not leaning in any direction one way or the other. Since I have never been involved in a TCS race I have no point of reference and prefer to defer to those who are experienced. I just want to know which way we are going so I can take the appropriate actions in regards to obtaining tires for the day.

I do have a question that probably has been answered a gazillion times before so don't "string me up" for asking. Since this is a Tamiya event aren't all Tamiya vehicles ok to run???? In F1 I have a 103 and a 104. I see info is only showing 104 vehicles,,,,,,,,,,,,,reason????
in a nutshell, because the f104 is the newest F1 chassis. the F103's aren't really supported anymore - the last F103 that was released was 2 years ago as the 15th anniversary addition..

plus there was some talk about the F103's removed last TCS season

Jeff if you need some rubbers for the race - which is how it sounds its going - lemme know, I have a few sets that I can lend ya I'm not running F1, decided on mini and GT1

or if you need a F104 (lol), I got one of them laying around as well - pretty much stock/TCS-legal, just need speedo and motor
k_bojar is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:17 PM
  #17048  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
spurcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Last in the "Z" main
Posts: 1,642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar
in a nutshell, because the f104 is the newest F1 chassis. the F103's aren't really supported anymore - the last F103 that was released was 2 years ago as the 15th anniversary addition..

plus there was some talk about the F103's removed last TCS season

Jeff if you need some rubbers for the race - which is how it sounds its going - lemme know, I have a few sets that I can lend ya I'm not running F1, decided on mini and GT1

or if you need a F104 (lol), I got one of them laying around as well - pretty much stock/TCS-legal, just need speedo and motor
OK now I understand the 103/104 issue. Too bad, I actually like the handling of the 103 better. Probably because I don't know how to set up F1's. I am lazy I just want to drive I just might take you up on the tires and maybe the spare 104. I am not sure how legal mine is at this point. I will let you know.
spurcheck is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:25 PM
  #17049  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Anyone who needs decals for concourse can find them here
http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/index.php
I have some parts, but I am in the process of restocking for the V2.
If you dont see something, just send me a PM or email.
Also accepting paint orders for the TCS Nats and IIC race
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
  #17050  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
spurcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Last in the "Z" main
Posts: 1,642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If I am reading the rules correctly for rubber tire racing only legal chassis platforms for F1 are F104 and F104W. The F104W GP is only legal for foam tire racing?
spurcheck is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 05:03 PM
  #17051  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,861
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Is anyone racing RM01 at Jackson? I'd love to give mine a run out but it's a long trip to find no entries!! Can the rm-01 run with none Tamiya spur gears?

Also, is there a shop at the track with Tamiya spares?
Yes... John Brown will be bringing his hobby shop to the track.
He had tons of tamiya stuff, that I'm sure he's bringing., but if you want to make sure he has it or can get it, give him a call. Great guy.

Brownies Hobby;
(718) 727-2194
Al Sodano is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 05:09 PM
  #17052  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
BrowniesHobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Staten Island New York
Posts: 735
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TCS race at Jackson on July 22nd

I confirmed with Fred today that the F1 class will be RUBBER tires NOT foam at the Jackson race.


Thanks
BrowniesHobbies is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 05:11 PM
  #17053  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
BrowniesHobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Staten Island New York
Posts: 735
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default On site shop for TCS race at Jackson

I will be bringing everything I can think that you guys might need. If you have any special needs for the day call me at the shop (718) 727-2194 as soon as you can.
BrowniesHobbies is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:13 PM
  #17054  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond,Va
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
Yes... John Brown will be bringing his hobby shop to the track.
He had tons of tamiya stuff, that I'm sure he's bringing., but if you want to make sure he has it or can get it, give him a call. Great guy.

Brownies Hobby;
(718) 727-2194
Al,
I understand you are in charge of the track at Jackson I was planning on coming up from Virginia and my brother Bruce is flying in from Milwaukee will the track be open for practice on Friday 7/20/12 ?? if so when will it open and close and are there any fees to be paid to practice? I see there will be a club race on Sat 7/21/12 we will be running F1 Rubber and some other classes. do we need to bring table and chairs and EZ Up and extension cord I understand there is AC Power available? Looking forward to race in Jackson, NJ with my new F104v2 it will be it's 1st race brand new car!
Thx,
Steve Hickman
hickmeister is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
  #17055  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,861
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Al,
I understand you are in charge of the track at Jackson I was planning on coming up from Virginia and my brother Bruce is flying in from Milwaukee will the track be open for practice on Friday 7/20/12 ?? if so when will it open and close and are there any fees to be paid to practice? I see there will be a club race on Sat 7/21/12 we will be running F1 Rubber and some other classes. do we need to bring table and chairs and EZ Up and extension cord I understand there is AC Power available? Looking forward to race in Jackson, NJ with my new F104v2 it will be it's 1st race brand new car!
Thx,
Steve Hickman
Hi Steve,
Sorry the track won't be open for practice fri.
Yes we are running a club race that sat.We will be running our regular classes as well as any other class,as long as there's enough to marshall.
There will be more than enough time to get your car dialed in on sat.We are usually there from 10am to well into the night.
Yes you will need a table,chairs,extension cord,ez up.
The track has plenty of AC power.We also have a air compressor to blow your car off,and we have internet wifi,so bring your laptops.
Al Sodano is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.