Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Well, it looks like rain this weekend. 70% chance, so that's almost a sure thing~!
So, how about TQ this weekend? Let's have a show of hands for Saturday!
Good time to practice for the TCS race in May! I went there Sunday and the layout was nice. Looked a lot like the IIC layout in Vegas!
Be there of be square!!!
Just my 2$
I'm in Max. See you at TQ SoCals best on-road track.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
You should probably clarify which chassis you're discussing when asking this sort of question. Maxepower obviously knows what you run, but even a direct answer to a vague question might be taken advantage of by racers in other classes. I know at my club it would be. I don't mean to criticize, just offering constructive advice.
no offense taken...i usually type slower then my mind runs so I left out that I was asking about the TA05 v2 chassis

and trust me, I know several guys that like running with ambigious questions and answers

maxepower only knows what I had because I've asked a few questions in the TA05V2 thread

I know my reedy 5000 pack and my TP5300 packs don't sit flat in the TA05V2 chassis - so that's why I was asking about a little dremel work (and was hoping Fred might have chimed in)
Old 03-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If anybody is looking for some used but still good condition type C's
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post10471078
Old 03-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
If anybody is looking for some used but still good condition type C's
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post10471078
You got PM
Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm curious about how the TA05 M-Four is going to fit into the N.American race market. The reason I'm asking is that we run a club, focused on just a few classes; Tamiya Mini, VTA and 12th scale pan cars. Under the banner of the VTA class, we also run silver can GT, which is any 1/10 on road chassis, rubber tires and the old reliable silver can. It's sort of our way of helping people burn through the surplus of Johnsons and Mabuchis we all have lying around since our mini class went brushless. GT is a hoot! We've got Xevo conversions running against F-103GT LeMans cars, outlaw minis, touring car chassis and the VTAs, of course.

We've had an inquiry or two about running the M-Four in the GT class, but there are two problems. One is the non-standard motor and the other is the non-standard battery. (Honestly, I'm mystified by Tamiya's logic. I'll be doubly mystified if the rumoured M07 comes with these oddball items. We'll have to start a whole separate mini class)

The motor is sticky because we've all been running 540 silver cans forever. How do you put the "new" motor up against the old? We can't offer the smaller motor a break on gearing, because gearing is unlimited already. We're not opening the BL can of worms on this class, at least not for a year or two.

The battery is even more of a challenge. Our rules dictate standard sized, ROAR approved battery packs across the board. ROAR is making moves to ban "short packs" from all on-road chassis. What is Tamiya's response going to be to this? Will there be a N. American "adaptor" kit? Does Tamiya even care about ROAR rules? What battery are people using in the car now?

If you guys can tell me anything, that'd be great.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

I've been hoping Tamiya would come out with a 4wd mini since the HPI cup racer came out. When pictures of the TA05 M-four started leaking onto the Internet, I knew I had to have one. The fact that my local onroad track was covered up with 2 feet of dirt did little to dampen that enthusiasm.

I'm not aware of anyone else nearby that has an M-four. I was hoping that Tamiya would come out with a set of rules for the M-four in time for this years round of TCS races but, so far, those rules have failed to materialize. Until rules are set, I am going to install a Novak Mongoose ESC and Novak 380 size brushless motor. For the battery, I'm going to use the recommended Tamiya Life battery. If you were to remove the cradle for the Life battery, I think you could easily install a shorty lipo. There are even slots cut in the lower deck for taping a battery down.

Not sure how a 540 size silver can compares to a 380 size but I would imagine the 380 will be slower. I wish Tamiya would have made it possible to replace the 380 with a 540 motor like they did on the RM01. If you're going to stick with the 380 silver can motor, I'd think the M-four would need to have it's own class. Haven't had a chance to do any track testing with the M-four. The 4wd might be enough to equal the fwd M05 or the rear wheel drive of the M06 even with the different motor sizes.

Not sure what to do about the battery issue. I suppose, if you were forced to use a long lipo, you could just tape it down and let it stick out the sides like the M03/M05.

As long as we're talking M-four, any chance there'll be a rally version like the M05RA?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i would love to see an M-Four class take off... Reminds me of the when we used to race XPressMini and HPI RS4mini .... you could outwheel some of the 1/10 scale cars with them...
Old 03-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default TCS 171 - The Coliseum

Concourse judging and group photo.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-p3185588.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-p3185605.jpg  
Old 03-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Bump

in the midst of TCS racing season, this thread should not be in page 2

looking forward to some practice this saturday

Steve
Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well i already raced...see heres the proof!!! (http://www.tamiyausa.com/images/tcs_...img=123gt3.jpg) im the guy on the right side of the pic..i raced gt3 and us in the top three raced our butts off and it all came down to the last of the tripple a mains. and 2nd and 3rd came down to a 2nd or 3rd tiebraker...i won that tie breaker!!! and i got 3rd in the ff03 class..was only 3 cars in that class tho
Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default Controlled Practice

Tommy, Yes! Since I like to practice a lot with my Mini, and many out-of-towners think sticking their noses up my rear end is fun, I'm all for controlled practice...
Old 03-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

All,

Looking to enter my first tcs race this weekend with the RM01 at RC Madness... Where can I find a schedule of the day, eg booking in/practice times etc?

Also, are there a minimum number of entries before a class goes ahead?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28
All,

Looking to enter my first tcs race this weekend with the RM01 at RC Madness... Where can I find a schedule of the day, eg booking in/practice times etc?

Also, are there a minimum number of entries before a class goes ahead?
DaveG,

Here is the racing thread for RC Madness they are starting to talk about their TCS race.
RC Madness is the host track, so they will have more race day specifics than the TCS thread can offer.

Good Luck with your first TCS race... have a great time
Old 03-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey everybody,just got a FF03 pro.Can any one suggest a gear combo for Novak 21.5 (purple band) ? I'll be running it for the Speed Tech race being held at the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo,Ca.Thanks for your time.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation gearing 21.5

Originally Posted by xsracer
Hey everybody,just got a FF03 pro.Can any one suggest a gear combo for Novak 21.5 (purple band) ? I'll be running it for the Speed Tech race being held at the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo,Ca.Thanks for your time.

Try 78 spur 60 pinion FDR is 3.38. I think that's what I ran last!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.