Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

It has come to my attention that many people are wondering why there are rules changes to the F-1 class in TCS.

I would like to point out there have been no changes. Anything that you have seen or read has merely been clarifications due to the questions I receive daily.

The F-1 class rules have remained the same since the launching of the new website. If people took the time to look at the site closely, they would have noticed the class was split into two; rubber and foam. Both classes show and have shown the F104W as being allowed. (THIS IS NOT NEW) In the rubber class you are only able to use the stock rubber tires for the W cars, most likely a disadvantage compared to the sticky F104 standard rubber tires. In the FOAM class you are able to use the F104 180 mm car with F104 FOAM only. The F104W may only use the F103 FOAM.
The F-1 FOAM class is only run on CARPET TCS locations due to the F104 rubber tires not being ideal for people to enjoy the class on a carpet surface.

The question was asked earlier about converting a standard F104 into a W. The answer was and still is a simple “yes”. However, you must be running a F104W body to match the car. Simply putting on a F103 front end and F103 tires/wheels on your Pro, Ferrari or McLaren body kit is not legal. This was clarified in the rules as the question came up. It was not a rules change.
Tamiya has released many F104W kits, which many customers have expressed an interest to race them during TCS events. That is why we let them in during the rules writing at the launch of the new website.

We want the F-1 class to thrive and be fun for everyone. Since Tamiya is releasing many variants of the F104 we have done our best to structure a rules set that will let most of these variants in the series. Of course if we see things that need changing we will do so after we review the season and move on to 2013.

Please note: The TCS Finals will be running F-1 with rubber tires and the rules for the class will be exactly as outlined in the RUBBER F-1 rules.
Thank you for your support =)
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Race 170

AAA Results can be found here; http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...-3-11-a-4.html
Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default The Track at Harbor Hobbies

Great TCS race Eric, Good Job by all involved, its a Pain in the butt to put a TCS race together so Big Props. My Best of show in FF03
Thanks Brad Palmer and F1 Paintlab for a great looking Decal sheet ( I applied the decals and Brad did the paint). Interior by me.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Old 03-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i know the rules say no modifying a chassis, but what about dremeling some parts of the battery compartment so that the more square battery packs to sit flatter?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi Guys,
Has anyone used the Ride brand of tires at the Tamiya track? Just wondering if they were any good.
Thanks,
Jose
Old 03-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Modify battery compartment is legal!

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i know the rules say no modifying a chassis, but what about dremeling some parts of the battery compartment so that the more square battery packs to sit flatter?
Yes, you can modify the battery compartment, there are so many configuration and sizes, not all batteries will fit perfect, so this is allowed! I've done it for years since the TA05 came out with no issues. Plus, you still have to meet minimum weight and the TA05's are always over the minimum so this is never an issue. On that note there are still 414 and 415's out there where you need to modify the upper deck just so the battery will fit. On the TA05 V2 I dremel only the side facing away from the chassis and the battery will lay nice and flat, I've also modified the inside but then the battery start sliding back and forth and that's what I don't want to see happen.
Just my 2$
Old 03-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Ride 32's

Originally Posted by ittjv
Hi Guys,
Has anyone used the Ride brand of tires at the Tamiya track? Just wondering if they were any good.
Thanks,
Jose
I ran the Ride 32's at Tamiya and I'm still undecided if I like it.
The first run was awesome, even though the traction was pretty low, by the 3rd run, the tires were wearing out a lot and traction wasn't very good. Maybe 36's may be better for the track, 32's seem too soft, to me.
Has anybody tried Salaris Tires at the Tamiya track. I'm curious about those also.
Just my 2$
Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You should probably clarify which chassis you're discussing when asking this sort of question. Maxepower obviously knows what you run, but even a direct answer to a vague question might be taken advantage of by racers in other classes. I know at my club it would be. I don't mean to criticize, just offering constructive advice.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

this is and has always been a very sticky situation. its kinda different from one race director to another. but i will say the rules clearly state no chassis modifications. id personally say do not do it. use some foam to aid your problem. but ask your local race director..never know when it may come back to bite ya in the butt!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Fred's crew runs a tough tech, but even they never worry about a little battery clearancing. Too many changes in battery sizes over the years to worry about... EXCEPT... don't go cuttin' your MO3/5 to fit a square-edged battery. That's forbidden!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
... EXCEPT... don't go cuttin' your MO3/5 to fit a square-edged battery. That's forbidden!
hahaha...if you do that its 20 years of tamiya voo-doo!! some day tamiya will change that design so you can put normal lips in....maybe
Old 03-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Addict

hey c5r01

i must bow down and say that your car is amazing! i would not want to race it, but yet, wouldnt want it to be a shelf queen..its just awesome work. the blue carbon fiber look is amazing..wish i could do that..maybe ill start working now and get something ready for next years tcs race. we already had ours back in feb. at the hobbyplex in omaha nebraska. if you could, could you get me the info on how to do the carbon fiber look??
Old 03-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by evader-fan-69
hey c5r01

i must bow down and say that your car is amazing! i would not want to race it, but yet, wouldnt want it to be a shelf queen..its just awesome work. the blue carbon fiber look is amazing..wish i could do that..maybe ill start working now and get something ready for next years tcs race. we already had ours back in feb. at the hobbyplex in omaha nebraska. if you could, could you get me the info on how to do the carbon fiber look??
BPSHADOW did it. Email or PM him on it. I was going to race it but changed my mind. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Tamiya Racing facility! RAINED OUT!

Well, it looks like rain this weekend. 70% chance, so that's almost a sure thing~!
So, how about TQ this weekend? Let's have a show of hands for Saturday!
Good time to practice for the TCS race in May! I went there Sunday and the layout was nice. Looked a lot like the IIC layout in Vegas!
Be there of be square!!!
Just my 2$

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.