Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default ta05

I am also looking for a first gen 05r ifs or standard.

fount one

Last edited by subaru73; 02-21-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gcooper
Seems like this goes on every year and never gets resolved.

One TCS veteran that I talked to mentioned at the end of the day it usually goes unchecked due to everybody being fried. He also mentioned that initially that if a past champ won, it would go to 2nd place. With the increase of more beginner classes, going back to the original intent would make more sense and police itself.

Personally I see it this way. If there is a past champ present they should challenge themselves with harder classes instead of cherry-pick the easier classes. If there is a 3 class limit, they should be limited to 2. They won the big prize and associated prizes with it, why muck up the series taking away prizes from those who did not win the big ticket.

Coop
I have said for many years if a past champ wins, give the kit to the #2 finisher, his prize goes to #3, and so on. IMO, the 2nd place finisher deserves the kit for their hard work, not "some rookie" so people can say "gee, what a great guy that is, he gave it to the kid". If I am racing in 1/12 scale GT class with an RM01, I sure as heck don't want some rookie in the class trying to figure out how to drive that car. Plus everyone is still around for the trophy presentations and giving it to the second place guy ends any concern for policing as it seems that self policing is not working all the time.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I have said for many years if a past champ wins, give the kit to the #2 finisher, his prize goes to #3, and so on. IMO, the 2nd place finisher deserves the kit for their hard work, not "some rookie" so people can say "gee, what a great guy that is, he gave it to the kid". If I am racing in 1/12 scale GT class with an RM01, I sure as heck don't want some rookie in the class trying to figure out how to drive that car. Plus everyone is still around for the trophy presentations and giving it to the second place guy ends any concern for policing as it seems that self policing is not working all the time.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewippler
Sorry to bring all of this negativity to the world of TCS. I had planned to give the kits to some of the rookies (I usually give them to the top rookie in the class), but by the time the awards were given out there weren't many left (or racers for that matter).

FYI - Expect to see a few additional raffle prizes next month in Illinios so keep those tickets safe.

Erik
So then we can expect you to bring the three 1/12 RM01 that you could not give away at Omaha to be given away at "The Track".

Old 02-19-2012, 08:18 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Things like the issue being discussed in the last few posts, rule changes benefiting a minority of people, the lack rule enforcement at regional races, obvious cheating and races which go on for two or three days discourages me and others.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

When did the rules change to allow three entries?

I know that you could run three if there was a carpet/dirt race, or if the third class was a exhibit only and it was only at certain tracks. If it was an exhibit only class, it is Tamiya's decision to award winning prizes for that class. Is Mini Pro an experimental only class?

I guess I'd like to know what classes are official and if I too can run three classes. According to the entry form online, you can only register for two classes.

Last edited by CSeils; 02-20-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by subaru73
I am also looking for a first gen 05r ifs or standard.
I have 2 TA05's that are in the middle of rebuilds, an IFS that has a decent amount of hopups and a 1st gen that is mostly stock with a few hop ups. I also have a good stock of spares that would come with them. I just havent had time to finish putting them back together, the diffs and shocks are all freshly rebuilt though. Will sell them separate or as a package. PM me if interested
Old 02-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSeils
When did the rules change to allow three entries?
There were a new rules set sent out via email only to the track owner of the Hobbyplex (Tim Ski) just before his race. A few lucky racers in the FMW circle also received them, before going to Omaha. Tim said the rules were effective immediately for the 2012 season even though they were not published on the website.

I was told by Tim and another that 3 classes were permissible as per FMW and was encouraged to add my car to help make a legal racing class. Personally I have not the time to recheck the rules on a weekly basis to see what has changed and will be done with the 2012 season after "The Track's" TCS race.

Since the FrontWD class is no longer FrontWD bodies I would vote to add the Ferrari 360 and Arta knowing that I have a few, don't have to buy them and they fit the spec that most are which is DCed. . .

The Hobbyplex race was well done, one of the best ran events in the series and appreciate the efforts Tim Ski and crew went to pull off another great event. Hope to see more guys there next year! Also looking forward to "The Track's" TCS event ran by track owner Eric Whiteside.

Last edited by A-Ko; 02-20-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Well said Panda.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Well said Panda.
So I lit the fuse on this discussion, and I think it has run its course. Time to move on to other stuff. I dont regret lighting the fire,but every fire burns out eventually
Old 02-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MD
Things like the issue being discussed in the last few posts, rule changes benefiting a minority of people, the lack rule enforcement at regional races, obvious cheating and races which go on for two or three days discourages me and others.
Good point.
Anyone from the NW on here purchase a RM-01 other than myself?
I can't wait to race this thing, and would love a huge turnout when our Regional comes around in the summer.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Better idea: Set the rules at the start of the season and stick to them, unless something incredibly wrong is discovered. Also, if you find out the guy that's supposed to be handing out the goodies isn't, ban him from racing for at least the rest of the season. If you find out he's selling them, two year ban. Better yet, stop giving prizes to people that have to give them away and just give away the goods yourself. Easy!

It's hard enough just enforcing rules and tech without having to deal with this sort of garbage.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Better idea: Set the rules at the start of the season and stick to them, unless something incredibly wrong is discovered. Also, if you find out the guy that's supposed to be handing out the goodies isn't, ban him from racing for at least the rest of the season. If you find out he's selling them, two year ban. Better yet, stop giving prizes to people that have to give them away and just give away the goods yourself. Easy!

It's hard enough just enforcing rules and tech without having to deal with this sort of garbage.
Point duelly noted, lets move on
Old 02-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

<crickets> wow...quiet in here...
Old 02-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

(some sarcasm) Beyond the complaining about prize pilfering the focused TCS racer has gone back into the lab and test track to focus on the up coming races!

Crickets and locusts will scatter with the sound of lexan and brushless. Let it begin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.