Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM
  #16756  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Brad Palmer- shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]. Remember that box of several dozen mid 90's through early 2000's F1 race tapes I told you about a couple years ago? Found it and it's yours if you want it for the cost of postage.
rccardr is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 11:13 AM
  #16757  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (129)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,656
Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Erik- we had a SP Cirtix Sportsman V2 powered M03 run here last week, considerably faster than even the 18500+ 540's with 1016 tires. So much speed in fact, it was a hand full to get it to turn. I just re-looked at the heat sheets for that race. 17.5 M03 was .7 tenths faster than the fastest silver can M06.
Good to know. I know lots of things can effect the speed/lap times (driver, batteries, chassis set up, track size, etc). Just getting started with the brushless mini, so hopefully it will show some promise. Otherwise a fairly expensive experiment to run a car twice a year.

BTW - what are most locals running in mini (brushed or brushless)?

Erik
ewippler is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM
  #16758  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,296
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ewippler
Good to know. I know lots of things can effect the speed/lap times (driver, batteries, chassis set up, track size, etc). Just getting started with the brushless mini, so hopefully it will show some promise. Otherwise a fairly expensive experiment to run a car twice a year.

BTW - what are most locals running in mini (brushed or brushless)?

Erik
Slowly making the switch over to BL using sport grade batteries, Peak, Duratrax,Battery Giant etc.

MSI is a little wider than here, but I think length is the same.
ercwhtsd is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:21 PM
  #16759  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,291
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Slowly making the switch over to BL using sport grade batteries, Peak, Duratrax,Battery Giant etc.

MSI is a little wider than here, but I think length is the same.
Eric...harbor TCS, what is F1 running...? Foam or rubber? or Both..? I think I need to un-retire myself...
Solara is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:40 PM
  #16760  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,799
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

FF03 need wing?

Just got a bunch of the new Tamiya Scirocco bodies in stock.



and Ferrari 599XX bodies too
stitchy is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 PM
  #16761  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,203
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Solara
Eric...harbor TCS, what is F1 running...? Foam or rubber? or Both..? I think I need to un-retire myself...
Foam only for carpet Howard
robk is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 07:43 AM
  #16762  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

got guys running GT1, what are most people running body-wise? I've had a 6 year absense from TCS racing and going to try and make a couple of the east coast ones this year (got a partially ready to go original 415 that i'm going to use) and need to figure out what kind of body is assumed to be the best

thanks!
k_bojar is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
  #16763  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

I gotta say the slowbirds last weekend peaked my TCS interest. It looks like most guys that I normally run against race GT1, what's a decent chassis for the class, would like to keep the budget under 300. Is the HSV ifs only?

Last edited by MikeXray; 02-08-2012 at 07:41 AM.
MikeXray is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 AM
  #16764  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeXray
... Is the HSV ifs only?
Yes it is IFS only.... if you want to be able to get down to minimun chassis ride height. sits about 2mm too high.

Last edited by OSherman; 02-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.
OSherman is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 02:03 PM
  #16765  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

not sure where the best place to ask this, so I'll ask it in here.

I have an original 415 and its missing the full suspension (arms, blocks, shafts, knuckles, cvds) and I want to be able to race it again..i bought it this way, thinking someday i'd get all the parts to put it back together - now that I've got a TCS event in my backyard, the time has come Obiviously, I want to keep the thing TCS legal

what the best suspension to put on it? or is that chassis better off with the original TA04-based suspension?

I've been looking thru all the different revisions of the chassis (415, 415ms, 415msx, 415msxx) and am completely confusing myself

so i'm looking to you experts in here for some guidance. this isn't going to be my everyday racer - just the occassional RCGT and TCS racer

thanks!
k_bojar is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 03:18 PM
  #16766  
Tech Master
iTrader: (94)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,421
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Your 415 Question

The easiest and cheapest way to get the car competitive is to gather the TA04 suspension parts. you can use the 416/417 parts but you'll have to use lots of shims to take up the space of the narrower lower arms. you may have to also have to get multiple blocks to adjust the width because of the short arms.

Back in the day Tamiya had a conversion for the 'New' short arm setup... it was like $80 even back then....

All in all the 415 worked great on the TA04 stuff that it came with originally.
Markus is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 04:30 PM
  #16767  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Markus
The easiest and cheapest way to get the car competitive is to gather the TA04 suspension parts. you can use the 416/417 parts but you'll have to use lots of shims to take up the space of the narrower lower arms. you may have to also have to get multiple blocks to adjust the width because of the short arms.

Back in the day Tamiya had a conversion for the 'New' short arm setup... it was like $80 even back then....

All in all the 415 worked great on the TA04 stuff that it came with originally.
are the 53427 or the 50868 the right arms for that? if so PM me k-bo I have some here.
MikeXray is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 06:34 PM
  #16768  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (67)
 
SRBMOJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ORANGE CO., CA
Posts: 977
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

check it out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-54083...item335fe0b676

Originally Posted by k_bojar
not sure where the best place to ask this, so I'll ask it in here.

I have an original 415 and its missing the full suspension (arms, blocks, shafts, knuckles, cvds) and I want to be able to race it again..i bought it this way, thinking someday i'd get all the parts to put it back together - now that I've got a TCS event in my backyard, the time has come Obiviously, I want to keep the thing TCS legal

what the best suspension to put on it? or is that chassis better off with the original TA04-based suspension?

I've been looking thru all the different revisions of the chassis (415, 415ms, 415msx, 415msxx) and am completely confusing myself

so i'm looking to you experts in here for some guidance. this isn't going to be my everyday racer - just the occassional RCGT and TCS racer

thanks!
SRBMOJO is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 08:25 PM
  #16769  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,277
Default

Originally Posted by SRBMOJO
Short light weight arms with a spool will be the fastest. You'll also need 1c blocks upfront and away to get 2to3 degrees of rear toe adjustments. I would recommend 3-1c blocks, 1- 1d,1-1e and 1-1xa. Buying these blocks will always have your car dialed in
Juan Aveytia is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 08:37 PM
  #16770  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,269
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Fred,

I am curious why the Speed passion SPV17V2 17.5 motor is legal for mini gt.but the SPV21v2 is not legal or listed as an approved motor for F1? Is that an oversight or is there a reason.

Just curious because that is a great priced esc/motor combo (Cirtix club spec esc/SPV21v2 combo) and a speedo that fits nicely in the F104.

Thanks,
Larry
f1larry is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.