Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree822Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casey
There are 3 TCS races out here on the East Coast...trying to get an idea if any of you have plans for a particular event, or perhaps all 3
an which classes ?
I have plans to attend the Brownie's event in Jackson, NJ.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
I believe this carpet is mounted on a raised floor... and your correct - It is very smooth!
Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Hey guys, quick question: The track at TQ Racing is Ozite carpet over concrete, right? Just being sure. I've never actually seen Ozite properly installed before, only ever taped down. On the web it almost looks like eerily smooth asphalt.

Thanks. Jim
Yes TQ's carpet is mounted on a raised floor and it is more smoother than most asphalt tracks that I have been to. You won't be disappointed
Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Old 417 never die they just go faster!

Originally Posted by Markus
Erik,

We just had a big Sweep Challenge Race at MRH. The mini A main (open silver can) had every eye watching. Throughout the race the crowd was laughing, crying, hooting, and hollering (the whole 6 mins). It was an awesome race between the top 3 battling and swapping positions the entire race.
I really think it reminded everyone of why we started the hobby in the first place. Simple and Fun.
Needless to say a hand full of the fast drivers are buzzing about Tamiya Minis.
There's a small rush of Mini Fever amongst the fast TC drivers in MD.

Their choice of class seems be the Mini Pro class (Blinky 17.5) so I'm sure there will be a steep learning curve in terms of setup.

Ray K's phone has been ringing off the hook
Hey Markus,
Just wanted to mention your old 417 came in 2nd in 13.5 blinky class at the TCS race here in Aliso Viejo. I gave it to my son ( a past champion). Rod Canare who came in first also a past Champ using the new 417X. Not too shabby for a used 417!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Hey Markus,
Just wanted to mention your old 417 came in 2nd in 13.5 blinky class at the TCS race here in Aliso Viejo. I gave it to my son ( a past champion). Rod Canare who came in first also a past Champ using the new 417X. Not too shabby for a used 417!
Great to hear! That was probably a good A main to watch. I hope to make it to the Tamiya track this year. I'll have to qualify first *fingers crossed*
Old 01-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahoDxP8VMxQ

Video of GT1 A-Main.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maxepower
old 416 TQ'd

Old 01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I have plans to attend the Brownie's event in Jackson, NJ.
but what are you gonna run??

and will the mini pro class be big at Jackson?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Tango sucka team kill caught on tape
Old 01-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

awesome camera work
Old 01-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks for posting that.

Anyone have video of the F1 main?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Hey guys, quick question: The track at TQ Racing is Ozite carpet over concrete, right? Just being sure. I've never actually seen Ozite properly installed before, only ever taped down. On the web it almost looks like eerily smooth asphalt.

Thanks. Jim
Originally Posted by madjack
I believe this carpet is mounted on a raised floor... and your correct - It is very smooth!
Originally Posted by tiko
Yes TQ's carpet is mounted on a raised floor and it is more smoother than most asphalt tracks that I have been to. You won't be disappointed
Yes, it's CRC racing carpet glued down on the sub-floor.

Thank you.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spring71
Yes, it's CRC racing carpet glued down on the sub-floor.

Thank you.
First class all the way! If you haven't been here you're missing out on a great racetrack, complete parts store and top of the line pit areas!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, guys. I'd love to get there, but still waiting for doctor's clearance to travel. Well, that and I'd have to convince the wife that traveling to SoCal would be a good idea and it has nothing to do with RC racing.

Just out of curiosity, why the sub-floor? You guys don't get frost heaves down there. Maybe you get lousy concrete floors?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
More Mini input in response to recent replys.

I think the set up I had is spot on, pure dumb luck?
No push, no loose.
Full timing, 20 tooth was much faster and much cooler than 18 or 16 tooth, at least with this motor. Ask Nino
If I'm not mistaken, the fastest lap times of the day were from this brushless Mini.
If it were in the hands of our Mini Master or if I had hired the gunslinger that has also proven himself with the Minis, Michael Monaghan, I have no doubt that the silvercans would have been left in the pits bowing their heads.
As it turned out however, the fast qualifying times in each Mini class were equal, Mini driving skills were not.
Cuda,
I think that the brushless class should have been an entire lap faster then the silvercans my only question is why werent they? My point is that everyone has there timing turned up and maybe if they went lower less tourque soft profile that they would be able to put the horsepower down to the ground. By the way where was michael on sunday? time to get the carpet car ready
Old 01-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Cuda,
I think that the brushless class should have been an entire lap faster then the silvercans my only question is why werent they? My point is that everyone has there timing turned up and maybe if they went lower less tourque soft profile that they would be able to put the horsepower down to the ground. By the way where was michael on sunday? time to get the carpet car ready
I'm not sure about a full lap (that would be gaining a second a lap) but I'm confident that if you wheeled my car or better yet your car with a BL system in it there most likely would have been a fat improvement but in all fairness, my car was hooked and didn't really feel as though it was overpowered and spinning wheels corner to corner. It was just fast, if I had linked a full heat of the fast laps it had laid down, it would have been a whole different story.
As it was, once I felt I was safe in the lead that is how I drove, safely.

Get a brushless in your ride and let's see what a fast Mini is supposed to do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.