Any new on the race
a
Old 01-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
Any new on the race
a
Yeh, it was great! Finished just before dark, timed perfectly, weather cooperated.
Great job Fred and crew!
Sprayed track was dialed and good til the end.
Pro Mini is a F N blast! Don't change a thing there.

1/12 scale RM 01 kits given to all the winners, that class is gonna be badass cuz they are dialed right out of the box NO MODS needed.
Can't wait to build mine. .

GT1 win went to Rod Canare, he gave up his kit prize to Orlando cuz there may have been some unintentional love exchanged in the pass for the lead? Now that's showin brotherly love if you ask me. Class act.

Pro Mini (17.5) went to me and I'm keepin the prize kit.

Mini (silvercan) win went to Brandon Koslowski, what did you expect?

F1 win went to Mike Kennedy and he's keepin the prize kit.

The rest is a blur. I lost track.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Fun times indeed..

Rod (my Sensei) is definitely a class act. And I greatly appreciate ALL the help he has given the past few years to level up the TCS Ranks. And yes, he volunteered the gift. Racing deal, that caused a slight chain reaction. It happens, im just glad the car wasn't busted too much. I guess he owed me a nudge from playing 'chicken' with him and the kink in Q2!

Good Fun event as usual presented by Fred and Crew and Tamiya America.. Look forward to the next race.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

I almost forgot to send a proper shout out to another class act, guy(s) at Novak for the immediate customer service with a motor that was apparently mistreated and the smoke was let out.
Well, the new replacement smoke that went back in was at the chronic level cuz it was smokin fast.
Thanks Novak!
Original version GTB speed controls and Ballistic motors helped secure TQs in both F1 and Pro Mini followed by a win in Pro Mini and a "racing deal" 2nd place finish in the F1 class.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Great day of racing, I had so much fun in F1. I wish I would have caught on to F1 a long time ago.

Great job Cuda, pretty soon you will be going to Japan I think for F1

A lot of people, including myself, were taking pictures of the posted results but after reviewing them they were only Q2 not the mains.

Thanks again.

Brett
Old 01-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I almost forgot to send a proper shout out to another class act, guy(s) at Novak for the immediate customer service with a motor that was apparently mistreated and the smoke was let out.
Well, the new replacement smoke that went back in was at the chronic level cuz it was smokin fast.
Thanks Novak!
Original version GTB speed controls and Ballistic motors helped secure TQs in both F1 and Pro Mini followed by a win in Pro Mini and a "racing deal" 2nd place finish in the F1 class.
Congrats to you cuda on your mini win....I heard you car was dialed. What did you do for setup
Old 01-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 2CARTEAM
Congrats to you cuda on your mini win....I heard you car was dialed. What did you do for setup
Thanks a lot, car was really good.
As far as setup, I asked ALL the mini guys what was up with these things, picked out some (not many tho) similarities, threw it all at the car and then Granpa gave me the final tip:
Set everything where you think you want it, ride height, camber, toe etc. then throw new tires on it, run a pack to scrub in the fronts and then dedicate them to the rear, now scrub in the new fronts and just run it again and again. Car came around instantly and I never touched it again!

Thanks to the Mini Mafioso at Tamiya for giving up some secrets.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Fred & Crew for an awesome race! It was my first time at the Tamiya track and I'm hooked, sooo excited for Nat's!
I had some car issues (Spur gears, and a lost pinion in heat#2) that prevented me from doing better, but I had a blast regardless. Thanks again guys and great race in the GT2 B Main!

-Jesse
Old 01-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mofioso

Cuda,
"Mini Mofioso"? Must not mean me...

2nd in Mini Pro, a full straightaway behind you, and SLOWer than Brandon... hhmmm... want to give back some os those secrets?

Missed Grandpa. Hope you are feeling better.

Fun race. Thanks guys.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Default just a name

I couldn't figure out what to call the Mini "gang" at Tamiya. (eets not a gang homie, eets a club). So mafioso came to mind? No intentions to offend.

By the way Craig, I do recall picking your brain to get a base setup too.
Also, I think if Brandon drove the pro minis as well as silver can Fred wouldn't say they were as equal as it may have appeared cuz I think the fast laps went to us brushless guys over the silver cans. The overall qualifying times were nearly identical but I give Brandon credit for that due to his consistency.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Cuda,
"Mini Mofioso"? Must not mean me...

2nd in Mini Pro, a full straightaway behind you, and SLOWer than Brandon... hhmmm... want to give back some os those secrets?

Missed Grandpa. Hope you are feeling better.

Fun race. Thanks guys.
Thank you for the kind thoughts Craig. I came out for a few minutes, but felt so lousy, I went home. Finally feeling a bit better so should be out Saturday.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Glad to see the 2012 season started as planned and the weather held. Turn out looked great, but the winter coats looked a bit odd for a CA race.

I have updated the regional Hall of Fame to include the latest results, through race #168. Still missing information from some of the early races (42, 47-64, 68, 76, and 77). If anyone has those (from old RC car actions, or personal records,etc) I would love to add them. Sorry if I missed some racers or results - I have access to what Tamiya posts and what generious racers have shared (Thanks Jeff Stevens). Enjoy and hope to see you at the races this season.

Erik
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-tsc-stats-2012.jpg  
Old 01-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I couldn't figure out what to call the Mini "gang" at Tamiya. (eets not a gang homie, eets a club). So mafioso came to mind? No intentions to offend.

By the way Craig, I do recall picking your brain to get a base setup too.
Also, I think if Brandon drove the pro minis as well as silver can Fred wouldn't say they were as equal as it may have appeared cuz I think the fast laps went to us brushless guys over the silver cans. The overall qualifying times were nearly identical but I give Brandon credit for that due to his consistency.
Cuda, you're not seriously saying that Fred is thinking Silvercan and 17.5 BL Minis are equal. IMO, anyone that thinks that is suffering from some sort of mental derangement or is prey to the "don't confuse me with the facts" syndrome.

I wonder if he realizes that Brandon is about 10 sec or more quicker than any of the other Mini drivers out there with the exception of Devin. I haven't seen the results, but I'll bet you BK "gapped" the field by that margin or more.

The real problem is that no one has a "good" BL set up yet. I've been working on mine for 3 sessions and can tell you that it is terrible. The motor is too fast and powerful and is really a mismatch to the chassis. From personal experience, I can tell you that the front drive train and gears will be a problem. Once the "Mini Mafia" figure it out, the BL Minis will be 0.5 to 1.0 seconds per lap quicker. That isn't opinion, that is fact.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

I plan some carpet testing with the 540J and 17.5 brushless on my M06 this weekend. I expect in higher grip situations (carpet), the brushless will be notiably quicker.. But in low grip situations (like 60deg asphalt), they will be pretty close. The M03/M05 already likes to spin the front tires with 540J, so adding more power will not help to go faster unless the grip is there. Sort of like 17.5 and 13.5 TC. Very few racers can cope with the extra power and actually go the same speed or slower running 13.5 opposed to 17.5.

I am sure in time, people will figure out the right combination. Hoping that someone will be me this weekend.

Erik
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wippler I couldn't agree with you more and I have told all the mini guys running the brushless class to turn there timing down from 50 to 25-35. Dont run a 16 0r 18 tooth run the 20 tooth. Then set up your throttle profile so that it is soft to mild and then alow the car to carry the corner speed and then you can grab full throttle for the straight. Craig drove very well not to many mistakes and all in all consistent. I think he might of lost 5 seconds or less. which still brings or times rather close. My motor was dynoed right after the race by eric in tech and it read 18,570 rpm close one I know I had an extra 180 rpm I could of used . But still the brushless minis on asphalt should be an entire lap faster then brushed in my opinion. If you can replicate the speed of a brushed mini through the infield and then have all that speed in reserve for the straight & sweeper I am almost confident that the brushed guys would be a lap down. Carpet is a whole new animal thats when you let it all out and pray you dont traction roll. Thanks to Tamiya for a great race I look forward to TQ race & maybe Washington. Grandpa dont forget what we talked about.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.