Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-10-2012, 03:08 PM
  #16651  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,274
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
There is a lot on the line to motivate folks to step up and run GT1.

Good job Tamiya
Finally I get to race a race worth practicing for. Is Rod and Martin able to race GT1 for the trip?
Juan Aveytia is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 PM
  #16652  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Finally I get to race a race worth practicing for. Is Rod and Martin able to race GT1 for the trip?
YES. Those guys are clearly allowed to race.

Also, to be clear. If a NON past champ wins the GT-1 class they win.
1. The Trip to Japan
2. $500.00 cash
3. $500.00 worth of product at retail (best to use for parts and accessories)

A past champ wins the trip only.

Hopefully this is a nice incentive for non past champions to join and show up the former and much older winners.
FMW is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:34 PM
  #16653  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,256
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FMW
Hopefully this is a nice incentive for non past champions to join and show up the former and much older winners.
Nice! It is the much older/experienced racer that is still putting the car in the A-Main at big races.

I think young racers that actually travel to races is an endangered species.

But you are older so I'll respect my elders

Lets have a friendly wager Fred - if we can get at least 5 past champs to run GT-1 at the Nats; I wager that will be half of your A-Main

Odds that winner will be over 35yrs old.
MDawson is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 PM
  #16654  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,274
Default

Originally Posted by FMW
YES. Those guys are clearly allowed to race.

Also, to be clear. If a NON past champ wins the GT-1 class they win.
1. The Trip to Japan
2. $500.00 cash
3. $500.00 worth of product at retail (best to use for parts and accessories)

A past champ wins the trip only.

Hopefully this is a nice incentive for non past champions to join and show up the former and much older winners.
I don't know if 8 months will be enough time for me to get ready. Lol
Juan Aveytia is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 PM
  #16655  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation OH MY G!!!!!!!!!

So,

Lets me see, "A" main this year for the finals may be all past Champions. I know if I plan to compete, I NOW have to out drive all past Champions probably for the past 6 to 8 years. Reason being the rule will include all classes of winners that went to Japan, or coarse not all are still racing but I can guess a lot might come out of semi-retirement just to do a repeat!
So, why can't Fred have a past Champion Class to go to Japan. They have a Class in Japan just for Past Champions. Not that I'm complaining!

Lets see, Rod C. Edgar F. Juan A., Ling Kang Tong, Jovan M. Christian L. Lee Pashael Steve B. Tony Tam Tony F. Mark D.and of coarse the last GT-1 champ that went to Japan Timmy V.
Sorry if I didn't include many other Past Champs that are still into Racing but these are just a few that come to mind!
That's not counting all the other Past winners in other classes.
Well, when Fred told me he wanted to have the best drivers representing USA at the Japan Finals, I had no clue of what he had in mind!
I do NOW! MY BAD!
Just my 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 01-10-2012 at 07:23 PM.
maxepower is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 07:34 PM
  #16656  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

It's a bold, cool move.

The largest National On-Road Series (TCS) will now have a sustained hi level of competition.
I suspect, the 417x will fly off the shelves with this announcement.
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 07:36 PM
  #16657  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,256
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
It's a bold, cool move.

The largest National On-Road Series (TCS) will now have a sustained hi level of competition.
I suspect, the 417x will fly off the shelves with this announcement.
Juan will beat us all with a 414!
MDawson is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:01 PM
  #16658  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Leester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wrong Planet
Posts: 1,062
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

If he does, you'll lose your wager with Fred
Leester is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 PM
  #16659  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation The under 35 group!

Yes, you and Tim are under 35 but those old dudes are sneaky!You were referring to Juan, my bad.
I have to admit this may be the most competetive Gt-1 class in TCS history! I believe Tamiya Japan has always allowed past Champs to defend their title to compete so I guess it's USA's turn!

Last edited by maxepower; 01-10-2012 at 08:48 PM.
maxepower is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
  #16660  
Tech Adept
 
Laguna Bozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Beach
Posts: 244
Default

Fred, you are a marketing genius!
Laguna Bozo is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:49 PM
  #16661  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Mark,

I can't wager any more. It's all part of my 12 step program that started January 1.

I agree. Most on-road fields don't have enough youngsters. The A-Main may just be all past guys, but you never know...Jason C. Oliver C. Walter C. may just bring a "what" "what" to the party Oh wait...they're close to 50. LOL

BTW: Scotty Ernst has expressed interest in going back to Japan so he's kind of quick.....

Max,

I did this to see you and Timmy go head to head for the grand prize. You hold a roof over his head, so you can tell him to hold back. LOL

If a past champ does win GT-1 we think they're prior experiences will be invaluable to the new guys going to Japan. We all know through everyone's past experiences that we all wish we could do it again to have a better shot at beating the world.
FMW is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 PM
  #16662  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

F1 Larry,

We hope with the new optional pre-mounted tires will give the M0-6 a good fighting chance on low grip tracks.
FMW is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:56 PM
  #16663  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,256
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FMW
Mark,

I can't wager any more. It's all part of my 12 step program that started January 1.

I agree. Most on-road fields don't have enough youngsters. The A-Main may just be all past guys, but you never know...Jason C. Oliver C. Walter C. may just bring a "what" "what" to the party Oh wait...they're close to 50. LOL

BTW: Scotty Ernst has expressed interest in going back to Japan so he's kind of quick.....

Max,

I did this to see you and Timmy go head to head for the grand prize. You hold a roof over his head, so you can tell him to hold back. LOL

If a past champ does win GT-1 we think they're prior experiences will be invaluable to the new guys going to Japan. We all know through everyone's past experiences that we all wish we could do it again to have a better shot at beating the world.
What are the chances that Past Champs can pay their own way to Japan and run the "Tamiya Invite" race that they run along with the Worlds?
MDawson is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:58 PM
  #16664  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by FMW
Mark,

I can't wager any more. It's all part of my 12 step program that started January 1.

I agree. Most on-road fields don't have enough youngsters. The A-Main may just be all past guys, but you never know...Jason C. Oliver C. Walter C. may just bring a "what" "what" to the party Oh wait...they're close to 50. LOL

BTW: Scotty Ernst has expressed interest in going back to Japan so he's kind of quick.....

Max,

I did this to see you and Timmy go head to head for the grand prize. You hold a roof over his head, so you can tell him to hold back. LOL

If a past champ does win GT-1 we think they're prior experiences will be invaluable to the new guys going to Japan. We all know through everyone's past experiences that we all wish we could do it again to have a better shot at beating the world.
OMG! Better add Scotty to the list, yes I can blackmail Timmy but not the other 12 or more past champs. Hey, if I compete in GT-2 and Timmy in GT-1 in the Finals , there will be a chance of a father and son winning the trip to Japan.
That will make Headlines on the evening news if that happens!
maxepower is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 PM
  #16665  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,256
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maxepower
Hey, if I compete in GT-2 and Timmy in GT-1 in the Finals , there will be a chance of a father and son winning the trip to Japan.
That will make Headlines on the evening news if that happens!
I am not giving odds on that. Timmy is quick and after your exhibition with 'Rods-roll-around-the-track-after-retirement' on YouTube you might have a shot! Just be sure you hold your line [mark ducks to avoid motor toss from Orlando]
MDawson is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.