Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-25-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCInfinity
I just ran F201. Trouble with qualifying first round. Tires came off of the rim. Second qualifier was tough trying to get through the traffic, but won the heat. Ended up qualifying 8th in the A. Running the A in the twilight was very different, luckily I had a bright car that I can see and a decent start put me second after one lap. Caught the leader three laps later and passed him. He kept charging and was on my tail for the remainder of the race. I was glad the back markers let us both go to race it out. The motor was borrowed from Arthur, I gave it back to him and thank him for the use.
Great Neil, your experience and great driving paid off at the end even with some bad experience. Can't wait for the nationals. It will even be more interesting because of the new rules concerning the motors.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Made it back home at 2:45 am. The repeated panic braking from 110 to 70 MPH (CHP sightings) kept me awake.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Linger,

Glad to see you made it home safely Great show you and EJ put on during the main. He has definitely improved greatly since the last time I saw him.

RCInfinity,

Great run! Way to throw it down on a past F1 national champion

To the Tamiya staff,

Great event, great staff on hand, I had a lot of fun this weekend and I look forward to running the Nats

Steve Wang
Old 08-25-2003, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Damn ling...bravehearting drive home after a whole day of races! Haha I would have just put it in cruise...my nerves would have been too rattled to deal with cops at that point

Yah, night driving really sucks, flourescent blue is bright in the sun but gets awfully dark when it's twightlight. Sorry about everybody's luck and congrats to the winners! Yah baby!

Here's an image from the Reedy Race with a slight light correction of what my eyes were seeing last night.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-lighting.jpg  
Old 08-25-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by linger
Made it back home at 2:45 am. The repeated panic braking from 110 to 70 MPH (CHP sightings) kept me awake.

Old 08-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
Damn ling...bravehearting drive home after a whole day of races! Haha I would have just put it in cruise...my nerves would have been too rattled to deal with cops at that point

Yah, night driving really sucks, flourescent blue is bright in the sun but gets awfully dark when it's twightlight. Sorry about everybody's luck and congrats to the winners! Yah baby!

Here's an image from the Reedy Race with a slight light correction of what my eyes were seeing last night.
I was using NVG's (Night Vision Goggles) j/k . It was very challenging to see the track. Even the RROC last invitational round finished with more light!
Old 08-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Atleast the tires were hooking up after the sun went down- EVERYONE was fast and dialed!
Old 08-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Post Sat. crowds at Tamiya America

So is it safe to say that the track will be a bit more crowded with the Nats next month?

Good to see the numbers of racers increasing again for the TCS series. I'll be interested to see what kind of turnout they have for the race next month!

Thanks to the Tamiya staff for putting on a great event!

John
Old 08-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

JC,

Thanks again for getting me through tech for the main.

md
Old 08-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default GT3

Congrats John C... Unfortunately, my batteries su@#ed big time in the mains; I didn't even had the chance to keep up with you... moreover to pull away from 3rd place. TQ wasted right there, ouch!

It was fun racing with Izzy though... one of the closest races we've had in a long time... 2 MR-S battling for 2nd is darn pretty cool... and his sportsmanship in the last lap is way beyond my expectations. Thanks Izzy... and congrats to the others who won in their respective mains.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MDawson
JC,

Thanks again for getting me through tech for the main.

md
Mark,

Not a problem, my pleasure to help. I was just a bit concerned that your pack would finish...

Will you be at the track Sat.?

JC
Old 08-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: GT3

Originally posted by eeyan
Congrats John C... Unfortunately, my batteries su@#ed big time in the mains; I didn't even had the chance to keep up with you... moreover to pull away from 3rd place. TQ wasted right there, ouch!

It was fun racing with Izzy though... one of the closest races we've had in a long time... 2 MR-S battling for 2nd is darn pretty cool... and his sportsmanship in the last lap is way beyond my expectations. Thanks Izzy... and congrats to the others who won in their respective mains.
eeyan,

Too bad about your Bats in the A. I'm sure will will be seeing each other next month

Great job on the TQ, you short wheel base chassis looked very good in the heat of the day!

JC
Old 08-25-2003, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: GT3

Originally posted by eeyan

If Ian were not on the way, I think I could have John C's F201 KIT hehehe Joke only John, your domination in that new class is something to achieve for.
It was fun racing with Ian. Even though he was slower, his skills came through and I finished higher than I expected. I think we made John just a bit nervous. I can tell when he started coming to our camp, . Anyway a new strategy has to come up for the next event and with the black cans, it will surely be another tight race. 4 weeks is not that long.

Izzy
Old 08-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: GT3

Originally posted by izzyracer
If Ian were not on the way, I think I could have John C's F201 KIT hehehe Joke only John, your domination in that new class is something to achieve for.
It was fun racing with Ian. Even though he was slower, his skills came through and I finished higher than I expected. I think we made John just a bit nervous. I can tell when he started coming to our camp, . Anyway a new strategy has to come up for the next event and with the black cans, it will surely be another tight race. 4 weeks is not that long.

Izzy
Ahhh yes...my visits to your camp Nervous....oh yeah. Ian's short car was much better than my standard chassis all day long!

I was near the point of switching arms!

Last edited by madjack; 08-25-2003 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

John, are you sure you don't want to trade kits?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.