Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I was under the impression the m 06 has the exact same gearing at the m 03 and 05?? The 04m had the offset gearing.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I was under the impression the m 06 has the exact same gearing at the m 03 and 05?? The 04m had the offset gearing.
The M06 does have the same gearing as the M03 & 5. It must be a copy of the old rules with the assumption that the M06 is rear wheel drive like the M04.

Anybody notice the battery rule?

No M03's? I hope that doesn't happen with the US rules. GT 1 & 2 can use older discontinued chassis but not Mini?

Fred, when will the US rules be posted?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

A m06 uses the pinion gears as a m03 and a m05,m04 was the onlyone that used a 21 and a 19 tooth.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

True, the M03 is still a great chassis - cheap, easy to set up and there are lots of them out there (I have 2 in my fleet). Sad to see it go away just to promote the M05 (gearing is the same between the two). I actually liked the direct steering on the M03 more as well as the servo on the front axle helped with traction. The ball diff on the M05 is easier to build and set up, but that was the only big advantage I saw over the older chassis.

I am pretty sure someone raced the M03 with a 21T or even 22T pinion. I don't think the M05 gear case has room for upsized pinions so that could be a reason for Tamiya Canada to change the rules.

I guess until the USA rules are announced, it is just speculation.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:27 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

The new TCS website is complete. We are just waiting to turn on the switch for it to go live. I appreciate everyone's patience. It' my hope the switch will be turned on by tomorrow (Friday). While we are all patiently waiting I'll try to go over some things in advance.

1. The basic rules structure of the classes is the same. You have to build the car per the instructions etc etc...
2. Make sure to read the "general rules" and look at your class specific rules for specific class regulations, exceptions and notes.
3. There are no earth shattering changes to last years rules. What you will notice are some tweaks to the existing rules thanks to your feedback and suggestions. Hobby shops also provided feedback.
4. We have made the new site friendly to new racers. This has been done to guide new people through the racing and procedural learning curve.
5. The 2012 schedule is up, but you will notice 3 less races. We are currently looking for 2-3 additions. Please stay tuned for those.
6. We have implemented a minimum "recommended" skill level to race in a class. This was done to help new people understand what to expect in regards to what skill levels they will be up against and alleviate "sand baggers" in the resurrected GT-3 class.
7. More information about the Host location will be found in the "host site" link. This area will provide as much information about the store and track as possible.
8. We have a new ESC and Motor approved chart. This chart makes it easy to find what is legal and for what classes.
9. We have expanded the ESC and motors legal lists. We want to give racers more options.
10. We will announce the 3 trip winning classes this month for the 2012 TCS finals. Please keep in mind that I'm aware of the debate that will happen after we make it public. Bear in mind, we will be rotating at least one class each year in favor of making another class a trip winning class the following year. This will help keep the series fresh for the finals each year.
11. We have a new option for spec tires. You will be able to choose pre-mounted type A's with either soft or firm inserts for your Mini 60D's. In essence you will have 3 pre-mounts to choose from. In TC we have added the Type A pre-mount on a Dish wheel. GT touring car racers will have the choice of two pre-mounts.

That's all I have at the moment. Once the site goes live we are hopeful to have 2012 be our best season yet.

Thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm for the hobby and for the Tamiya brand.

FM
Old 12-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

Unhappy RULES < RULES>RULES!

Originally Posted by FMW
Hello everyone,

The new TCS website is complete. We are just waiting to turn on the switch for it to go live. I appreciate everyone's patience. It' my hope the switch will be turned on by tomorrow (Friday). While we are all patiently waiting I'll try to go over some things in advance.

1. The basic rules structure of the classes is the same. You have to build the car per the instructions etc etc...
2. Make sure to read the "general rules" and look at your class specific rules for specific class regulations, exceptions and notes.
3. There are no earth shattering changes to last years rules. What you will notice are some tweaks to the existing rules thanks to your feedback and suggestions. Hobby shops also provided feedback.
4. We have made the new site friendly to new racers. This has been done to guide new people through the racing and procedural learning curve.
5. The 2012 schedule is up, but you will notice 3 less races. We are currently looking for 2-3 additions. Please stay tuned for those.
6. We have implemented a minimum "recommended" skill level to race in a class. This was done to help new people understand what to expect in regards to what skill levels they will be up against and alleviate "sand baggers" in the resurrected GT-3 class.
7. More information about the Host location will be found in the "host site" link. This area will provide as much information about the store and track as possible.
8. We have a new ESC and Motor approved chart. This chart makes it easy to find what is legal and for what classes.
9. We have expanded the ESC and motors legal lists. We want to give racers more options.
10. We will announce the 3 trip winning classes this month for the 2012 TCS finals. Please keep in mind that I'm aware of the debate that will happen after we make it public. Bear in mind, we will be rotating at least one class each year in favor of making another class a trip winning class the following year. This will help keep the series fresh for the finals each year.
11. We have a new option for spec tires. You will be able to choose pre-mounted type A's with either soft or firm inserts for your Mini 60D's. In essence you will have 3 pre-mounts to choose from. In TC we have added the Type A pre-mount on a Dish wheel. GT touring car racers will have the choice of two pre-mounts.

That's all I have at the moment. Once the site goes live we are hopeful to have 2012 be our best season yet.

Thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm for the hobby and for the Tamiya brand.

FM
O.K. 1:22 A.M. Friday still no rules on website! Yes, I have no life!!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Rules are up!!!

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/index.php
Old 12-02-2011, 03:23 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Yes they are indeed.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Only 1 regional race at Tamiya USA this year? Will not be able to make the Jan 15th race, I hope one of the 3 races Fred wants to add is one at Tamiya USA.

Great job Fred on the new site.

Steve

Last edited by SRBMOJO; 12-02-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Fred great job on everything like the motor and ESC rules.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:34 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

There will be a second TCS in So Cal. Just looking into options
Old 12-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

When will you announce which are the Japan winning classes?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation RULES ,RULE!

Well, reading the rules, it nice to see more options on ESC's and Motors.
I saw list for bodies for FWD but not sure about bodies for GT-1 and GT-2? Or did I miss it somewhere!
I also see Fred incorporated brushless 17.5 mini Pro class, I hope there is a lot of interest for this class, I'm really looking forward to this class.
Unfortunately the rules didn't change at all for FWD, I guess I can't have it all.
Anybody want to buy a used 21.5 Novak motor? $40 Just kidding!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Yes they are indeed.
Couldn't have asked for more, I like the choices that are available.
Great job!!!!! Site looks great
Old 12-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Yes they are indeed.
Couldn't have asked for more, I like the choices that are available.
Great job!!!!! Site looks great

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.